Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
7 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

What????

When the album was released, the vibe was this: 

AOR-Backdrop3-1024x576.jpg

AOR-Backdrop1-1024x576.jpg

NOT this vibe: 

The%20Kick,%20The%20Snare,%20The%20Hat%2 uk-0519-961187-front.jpg?dateUpdated=149

Second theme inspo images kinda serving more than the first ngl :air:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gaga911chroma
16 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

THIS. It is not about understanding or not, but the first impression of Chromatica is the pink aesthetic, tribes and planet, because we got stupid love as an introduction of the era. Gaga said herself as well, "off to Chromatica 🚀 ", she said it is not an actual place, but she still refered it as a planet. But now some smart S fans jumping out to act like to understand Chromatica concept very deeply, as if they already know the stage was gonna be brutalism. If people can only see the pink aesthetic, u r stupid and u didn't get it. I mean, Gaga know what she is doing, she is intentionally doing very opposite thing to the album, I'm sure she would have thought " my fans gonna think im wearing pink wigs, alien outfits, arriving in a spaceship, but im gonna do the opposite"

Way to put a lot of words in people’s mouths that no one ever said. I never said I knew what the stage would look like I’m just saying clinging to this colorful planet idea is nonsense because most of the imagery did not really fit with that. In fact, I really can’t think of a single time Gaga said Chromatica was a planet in literally every interview I can remember she went out of her way to say it’s not a place it’s an abstract concept in her mind and how she processes trauma (a rocket emoji in a tweet before the first single even came out is not really saying it’s a planet tbh). I’m just baffled that anyone could look at the aesthetic of the tour and the rest of the images from the entire album campaign and think they’re at all incongruous let alone opposites. Like the only explanation I can think of is you didn’t look at anything outside of the stupid love music video or the references just went over your head. She knows the references she’s been making from the very first stupid love billboard and it was never really just a colorful planet.

HeavyMetal Halcyon
7 minutes ago, Gaga911chroma said:

Way to put a lot of words in people’s mouths that no one ever said. I never said I knew what the stage would look like I’m just saying clinging to this colorful planet idea is nonsense because most of the imagery did not really fit with that. In fact, I really can’t think of a single time Gaga said Chromatica was a planet in literally every interview I can remember she went out of her way to say it’s not a place it’s an abstract concept in her mind and how she processes trauma (a rocket emoji in a tweet before the first single even came out is not really saying it’s a planet tbh). I’m just baffled that anyone could look at the aesthetic of the tour and the rest of the images from the entire album campaign and think they’re at all incongruous let alone opposites. Like the only explanation I can think of is you didn’t look at anything outside of the stupid love music video or the references just went over your head. She knows the references she’s been making from the very first stupid love billboard and it was never really just a colorful planet.

Literally all of the promo was around this "planet" or "realm" concept. 

Also, no one is attacking her current stage design. No one has said they hate it. You don't have to defend it so hard. We're just pointing out that she DID change direction with the tour and it's likely very different. It's okay to receive someone else's opinion. We're all different and like different things. You can continue to be a junkyard scavenger and I'll be an ecowarrior :heart:

https://www.mtv.com/news/i4hdrd/lady-gaga-chromatica-album-details-paper-magazine-cover-story

"Reading that, you might be wondering why Chromatica is referred to as a place. Well, Chromatica is more than just an album: It's a planet, a plane of existence, a special location that you're all invited to."

Linus Gaga
7 minutes ago, Gaga911chroma said:

Did I say I was talking about YOU tho? :ally:

Anyway I said what I said about the "first impression" and also expectation. I love the brutalism concept so much, but doesn't change that that contrast between Cold and dark, and the pink and colorful theme. Even Sarah herself posted the "expectation vs reality" Chromatica meme on her instagram post

Hit me a message and say hi !

Edonis
14 minutes ago, Linus Gaga said:

THIS. It is not about understanding or not, but the first impression of Chromatica is the pink aesthetic, tribes and planet, because we got stupid love as an introduction of the era. Gaga said herself as well, "off to Chromatica 🚀 ", she said it is not an actual place, but she still refered it as a planet. But now some smart S fans jumping out to act like to understand Chromatica concept very deeply, as if they already know the stage was gonna be brutalism. If people can only see the pink aesthetic, u r stupid and u didn't get it. I mean, Gaga know what she is doing, she is intentionally doing very opposite thing to the album, I'm sure she would have thought " my fans gonna think im wearing pink wigs, alien outfits, arriving in a spaceship, but im gonna do the opposite"

I don't think a single person is coming on here saying you, or anyone else that expected the Stupid Love visuals, are stupid or brain-dead or whatever. But this disconnect with album's sound, imagery, and visuals does stem from the fact that so many took Stupid Love as the de facto canon for era aesthetics when we saw the exact opposite for the other 2 videos and album booklet. That's not a fault of fans or anyone else, it's just the way it is.

And regarding the whole "planet thing" let me just paste this quote from Gaga's interview with Paper Magazine:

"Today, Gaga says she lives in Chromatica, which, unlike G.O.A.T., isn't a fictional location at all. "It's a perspective," Gaga corrects, pointing to her heart. "It's right here. I might sound silly, but I'm on it right now — I'm not on another planet. If you see and listen to Chromatica, and you want to live there, too, you're invited. But I do want to be clear that it's not a fantasy." Gaga earnestly explains that it's as if she "deleted Earth" and "replaced it with Chromatica" in her mind, making this abstract, arguably absurd process seem realistic. Admittedly, I want to be in Chromatica with Gaga, too. Maybe I am?"

She's been fairly blunt about the album's concept from the beginning. It is a world in her mind that she created to cope with the severe mental health issues she's encountered over the years. It's set to dance beats because dance music makes people happy, and 90s dance music is considered to be one of the more euphoric eras in the genre.

That being said, if you interpret the record or era in a certain way, that's perfectly fine. It causes no harm whatsoever and I don't really get the strong emotions about this lol. However, I will say that lot of the discussion about what the album is supposed spawned from fan theories and interpretation (which again, are valid) when she was radio silent during the pre-release, postponement, and mid-album cycle.

But at the end of the day, does it really matter that much, especially for tour visuals?

Gaga911chroma
3 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

Literally all of the promo was around this "planet" or "realm" concept. 

Also, no one is attacking her current stage design. No one has said they hate it. You don't have to defend it so hard. We're just pointing out that she DID change direction with the tour and it's likely very different. It's okay to receive someone else's opinion. We're all different and like different things. You can continue to be a junkyard scavenger and I'll be an ecowarrior :heart:

Glad we can agree to disagree. ❤️ Just to be clear I’m not saying she couldn’t have changed anything since 2020 or that you’re attacking the stage design. We have no way of knowing what was planned for 2020 or that would have turned out in different circumstances. All we know is how the tour aesthetics did turn out in 2022 and all I’m saying that those aesthetics are pulling from the same pool of references and concepts that she’s been using for the whole album campaign. 

Edonis
4 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

"Reading that, you might be wondering why Chromatica is referred to as a place. Well, Chromatica is more than just an album: It's a planet, a plane of existence, a special location that you're all invited to."

The GGD tweet and quoted line were not said by her :laughga: I actually think Gaga's had a pretty strong reaction against it being interpreted as pure fantasy. I mean Zane Lowe made a comment along the same lines and she pushed back about it being a real place, just inside of her.

Gaga911chroma
3 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I don't think a single person is coming on here saying you, or anyone else that expected the Stupid Love visuals, are stupid or brain-dead or whatever. But this disconnect with album's sound, imagery, and visuals does stem from the fact that so many took Stupid Love as the de facto canon for era aesthetics when we saw the exact opposite for the other 2 videos and album booklet. That's not a fault of fans or anyone else, it's just the way it is.

And regarding the whole "planet thing" let me just paste this quote from Gaga's interview with Paper Magazine:

"Today, Gaga says she lives in Chromatica, which, unlike G.O.A.T., isn't a fictional location at all. "It's a perspective," Gaga corrects, pointing to her heart. "It's right here. I might sound silly, but I'm on it right now — I'm not on another planet. If you see and listen to Chromatica, and you want to live there, too, you're invited. But I do want to be clear that it's not a fantasy." Gaga earnestly explains that it's as if she "deleted Earth" and "replaced it with Chromatica" in her mind, making this abstract, arguably absurd process seem realistic. Admittedly, I want to be in Chromatica with Gaga, too. Maybe I am?"

She's been fairly blunt about the album's concept from the beginning. It is a world in her mind that she created to cope with the severe mental health issues she's encountered over the years. It's set to dance beats because dance music makes people happy, and 90s dance music is considered to be one of the more euphoric eras in the genre.

That being said, if you interpret the record or era in a certain way, that's perfectly fine. It causes no harm whatsoever and I don't really get the strong emotions about this lol. However, I will say that lot of the discussion about what the album is supposed spawned from fan theories and interpretation (which again, are valid) when she was radio silent during the pre-release, postponement, and mid-album cycle.

But at the end of the day, does it really matter that much, especially for tour visuals?

I’m out of reacts but thank you because I agree with all of this. 

Linus Gaga
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Firstly I know she said these. That's why I said in my first post I know is not an actual place, but at the same time herself and the haus did use a lot of "off the Chromatica " "rocket emoji 🚀" " journey" , so is still be seen as a "place". 

And yeah, not a big deal at all. Cuz i love both aesthetic and I probably love the brutalism more tbh. We are just having a discussion :haroon: 

Hit me a message and say hi !

NATAH
24 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

What????

When the album was released, the vibe was this: 

AOR-Backdrop3-1024x576.jpg

idk what booklet your copy of the album came with but nothing about it resembles a fantasy-like throne :gum:

it's way more dystopian cyberpunk with all the cables, machinery body augments and internal organ-like biomass with some 90s aesthetic mixed in

large.1056598816_DigitalBooklet-Chromatica_page-0008.jpg.aeaf49ae1ed63e683a3c5c238d32a724.jpg branislav-perkovic-wf-infestationcore.jpg?1516408604&dl=1

large.1426241443_DigitalBooklet-Chromatica_page-0001.jpg.6b6077d85490cdd63a876cb9e1a6113b.jpg Cyberpunk2077_concept_art.jpg

large.1092831388_DigitalBooklet-Chromatica_page-0006.jpg.35407bf8efc3aa7cfcd2c23d319b0666.jpg0093+-+Prodigy+-+The+Fat+of+the+Land.jpg

that pink crystal image is only relevant to the SL video, why would one music video dictate the entire aesthetic? :shrug:

i agree on the whole planet concept being a thing but i don't see why it's so important that it needed to be carried on over to the tour when the concept was forgotten about by the time the 3rd single dropped

mother, what must i do?

HeavyMetal Halcyon
1 minute ago, Edonis said:

The GGD tweet and quoted line were not said by her :laughga: I actually think Gaga's had a pretty strong reaction against it being interpreted as pure fantasy. I mean Zane Lowe made a comment along the same lines and she pushed back about it being a real place, just inside of her.

My point was more to reference that a large portion of people interpret the album imagery as something other than earth. I know that Chromatica is a state of mind rather than a real place, but I think she mentioned somewhere that it's both fantasy and reality at the same time. 

Edonis
2 minutes ago, HeavyMetal Halcyon said:

My point was more to reference that a large portion of people interpret the album imagery as something other than earth. I know that Chromatica is a state of mind rather than a real place, but I think she mentioned somewhere that it's both fantasy and reality at the same time. 

Oh I agree that it's very reasonable why so many associate Chromatica with what's been talked about in this thread. I just have a hard time understanding the mixed reception from some with the darker undertones of the show. I mean, they were always there in both the music and other parts of the visuals, we just didn't get as much of a focus on it as spectators.

Benji
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Oh I agree that it's very reasonable why so many associate Chromatica with what's been talked about in this thread. I just have a hard time understanding the mixed reception from some with the darker undertones of the show. I mean, they were always there in both the music and other parts of the visuals, we just didn't get as much of a focus on it as spectators.

This is my point too… I find it puzzling people don’t see the relation between the tour and the album.  This theme has been running throughout the entire era, it’s not really surprising.

Cameltoe Chariot

K why are some of you throwing literal tantrums about this when you've been provided with direct quotes and screenshots from the album's actual booklet that show the tour is closer to the original album concept than the Stupid Love music video :bear:

EZCeQ2OU8AAA-7-.jpg

d4b23b9ef97c69ec2d7d2db4ae8aa979.jpg

e6bcc4ce58665a3aa515e66b27114aec.jpg

60382915-11023387-image-a-39_1658161842611.jpg

HeavyMetal Halcyon
7 minutes ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

K why are some of you throwing literal tantrums about this

Ma'am, you were the literal first person to comment on this tread and de-rail this conversation

Archived