💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Janet Jackson's Rhythm Nation could crash people’s hard drives

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Long-time Windows developer Raymond Chen told in his blog The Old New Thing the story of a colleague who, during laptop testing at a major computer manufacturer, discovered that the Rhythm Nation video would crash certain models of laptops, even those of their competitors.

“One discovery during the investigation is that playing the music video also crashed some of their competitors’ laptops,” Chen writes. “I would not have wanted to be in the laboratory that they must have set up to investigate this problem. Not an artistic judgement.”

The twist is that it wasn’t necessarily the music video, but the song itself, as Chen describes an instance where a laptop near the one playing the video crashed.
“It turns out that the song contained one of the natural resonant frequencies for the model of 5400 rpm laptop hard drives that they and other manufacturers used,” Chen explains. In other words, Rhythm Nation has a frequency within it that caused laptop hard drives to vibrate to the point of failure. The fix apparently included putting a filter in the computers’ audio receiver that would detect and remove the frequency before processing.

source

Cockroach of GGD

Flippy

:bradley:

is this why there was no justice for @Anveeroy in CCBFYL? :cryga:

Anyway, that’s so crazy! The power that song has! :tony:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

RAMROD

Is this a cursed CD then? :bradley:

I think I never have issues ripping this CD before. :oprah:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ sausage so good! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Anveeroy
5 hours ago, Flippy said:

:bradley:

is this why there was no justice for @Anveeroy in CCBFYL? :cryga:

Anyway, that’s so crazy! The power that song has! :tony:

:ladyhaha:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Archived