Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Def Jam album???

AcidWashBoys

Featured Posts

AcidWashBoys

Wasn't Gaga originally planning her debut on Def Jam with Team Love Child?? And I think it was called Retro Dance Freak or something like that? Like I think I remember people talking about it but I'm so lost :saladga: 

<3

Benji

The project didn’t get that far.  She was signed after performing in front of L.A. Reid but he wasn’t impressed with the demos he received so she was dropped.

Retro Dance Freak

omfg… imagining the tracklist :bradley:

1. Retro Dance Freak

2. Paparazzi

3. Beautiful Dirty Rich

4. Glitter and Grease

5. Disco Heaven

6. Retrosexual 

7. Vanity

8. Fooled Me Again

9. Brown Eyes

10. Again Again 

The absolute greasy filthy leather denim mirrorball new york underground club scene serve this would be :gum:

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

dollardays
33 minutes ago, Benji said:

The project didn’t get that far.  She was signed after performing in front of L.A. Reid but he wasn’t impressed with the demos he received so she was dropped.

Imagine dropping LG :billie:

Cruelty
7 minutes ago, dollardays said:

The worst part is, he basically dropped her because he was irritated about something completely unrelated, happened to hear one of her demos, and was in such a bad mood that he dropped her :billie:

Truly, a clown :flop:

Benji
45 minutes ago, dollardays said:

35 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

The worst part is, he basically dropped her because he was irritated about something completely unrelated, happened to hear one of her demos, and was in such a bad mood that he dropped her :billie:

Truly, a clown :flop:

The fact he would’ve heard Paparazzi on the demo discs and not identify it would go on to be a massive hit… a FLOP if you ask me :billie:

ChrissyBot

Yeah if you go in her PureVolume page it says her album was supposed to be released in May 2007. And it was probably indeed called Retro Dance Freak or something like that. 

and I’m assuming the tracklist would’ve been something like this:

Dirty Rich

Brown Eyes

Again Again

Fooled Me Again

Retro Dance Freak

Disco Heaven

Blueberry Kisses

Filthy Pop

Dirty Ice Cream

Retrosexual

Vanity

Fancy Pants

Hollywood

and the lead single was most likely Dirty Rich at the time

The BPD Monster

You're giving me the idea of making a playlist album calling it retro dance freak and include these songs in it so we can experience that underground nyc gaga album! :enigma:

Guillaume Hamon

Def Jam dropped her then tried to keep her songs to give it to other artists but she paid back a part of her advance money to get the tracks back.

Paparazzi and beautiful dirty rich were among the songs she got back.

There's no secret def Jam album we missed don't worry. :kiss:

ChrissyBot
7 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Def Jam dropped her then tried to keep her songs to give it to other artists but she paid back a part of her advance money to get the tracks back.

Paparazzi and beautiful dirty rich were among the songs she got back.

There's no secret def Jam album we missed don't worry. :kiss:

Paparazzi was written long after the Def Jam situation I think

ChrissyBot
17 minutes ago, The BPD Monster said:

You're giving me the idea of making a playlist album calling it retro dance freak and include these songs in it so we can experience that underground nyc gaga album! :enigma:

I made my own playlist when all those 2007 era tracks leaked in 2018! It’s honestly such a different vibe from The Fame tbh

The BPD Monster
3 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

I made my own playlist when all those 2007 era tracks leaked in 2018! It’s honestly such a different vibe from The Fame tbh

Omg could u pls send the link? I was gonna make my own and post it on ggd and say it's based on this thread. Why don't u do the same thing?

The BPD Monster
20 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

She wrote in a poem that the album was supposed to come out May 2007.

Which poem?

Archived