💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
performance

Spoiler: Gaga speaks on Roe v Wade at DC concert

SharkmanthaC

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Alxjcgn said:

This was such a special moment, especially at DC!!! She is amazing 

Yes, of course, this is only occurring to me now, but Roe v Wade is a U.S. issue, so when the bad thing happened in June and she had a concert tour kicking off in July, the obvious place for her to talk about it was at her first U.S. concert.

14 minutes ago, MOT said:

Yes, of course, this is only occurring to me now, but Roe v Wade is a U.S. issue, so when the bad thing happened in June and she had a concert tour kicking off in July, the obvious place for her to talk about it was at her first U.S. concert.

And Washington too, of all places.

SharkmanthaC
5 hours ago, Bat said:

Hope every redneck American listens to this as much as they listened to Shallow :ohwell:

It was posted to Facebook so that’s a start. :huntyga:

she/her/hers

Ghost Face

Off topic but vocally she is on top of her game again! So much stronger than during Enigma in Vegas. Damn.

In Love Hearts GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

It's an honor.

StrawberryBlond

Love to see that old school rock n roll attitude from her at the beginning when she said "we won't stop until it's RIGHT!" So many have said she's mellowed but that headstrong NY girl is still in there. It makes sense that she'd speak on this issue at her tour as taking the time to speak on a topical issue during a piano segment has been her staple from the start. Maybe this is why the first US gig was for DC, who knows? I think it's much more meaningful for Gaga to verbally say this to a large crowd live in the moment as opposed to putting out a written tweet online. This is more her style and always has been and that's why she's been saving it. Her ability to emotionally move a crowd not just through her music but her words as well is simply unmatched.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/8/2022 at 9:35 PM, Replay32886 said:

I’m glad she spoke about it! My one critique is I wish she would have mentioned “people who give birth” rather than just women. Considering she’s an LGBTQ+ icon, I wish she would have made that adjustment.

however, I’m sure she was nervous and passionate! And she never meant any ill intentions.

At the SF show last night she also added "people who can give birth". 

misham0nster

She gave this speech before Edge of Glory, too. I've always been infatuated with that song, especially when it's just Gaga and the piano, and this gave it a whole new layer of meaning.

Would you love me if I ruled the world?

Archived