Nathan
29 minutes ago, Admin said:

Because she declined every time she was offered

Oh wow, how do we know that? 

That’s so interesting!

monstertoronto
3 hours ago, Admin said:

Really?? Is that why they had to create a new award for to accept? 

RAMROD
4 hours ago, Admin said:

Humble kween! 

Every one trying to be their own version of MJ. But Gaga just wanna be in her own lane :applause:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

RichAssPiss

Wait, so Gaga just got screwed out of the Video Vanguard because of a branding issue? Mama, that's garbage. 

lilboyblue

Maybe Gaga said NO to that award because of the MJ association. Make me something new, she said!

ETA: Oh, wait. Doesn't she adore MJ? She had his costume and everything.

Retro Dance Freak
8 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

Maybe Gaga said NO to that award because of the MJ association. Make me something new, she said!

Maybe she felt it was disrespectful or not for her to be awarded, out of her respect and adoration for him

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

DpHitch1992
53 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

I'm pretty sure she declined the award when the award was still active at the vmas. 

She hasn't spoken a word about MJ since Leaving Neverland so it's hard to tell tbh.

RichAssPiss

People acting like Nicki isn't talented and a hugely impactful artist are liars. Women were not dominating rap when she came out and she made a new lane. Her personal life is something else entirely.

Smother Em Eh

Before Lil Kim and Gaga? C’mon! What iconic video does Nicki have? This is blasphemy! :excuseu::interestinga::patrizia:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Lady Palutena
On 8/9/2022 at 6:55 AM, lilboyblue said:

That wouldn't make sense. Gaga always spoke highly of Michael every time someone has brought him up in interviews. Speaking of...

I just listened to an interview she did with Howard Stern where she mentioned Michael, actually. She spent a lot of money to buy his tour outfits and she has them in storage. She said one day she might open up a museum for him and put the money towards a charity that he supported.

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

impeach92

Um Lady GaGa has never been given this award, like girls get it together, she made films throughout her career, like wut? music video pop GIF by Apple Music

Edonis

No comment about Nicki getting the award, but I thought it was known that Gaga's declined the Vanguard award because she felt like it wasn't the time to receive it or something? I remember hearing about that years ago.

tomsches

Does she even have iconic videos? I only know two, in one of them she's walking on a beach and in the other one she's rolling around in a desert :shrug:

Oh yeah, and Superbass

Archived