Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Nicki Minaj to receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Monstermilo
1 minute ago, HIM820 said:

I think she will get the Vanguard award at some point. Her performance in 2020 wasn’t career spanning and just focused on Chromatica.

But they said her accomplishments across music, film and fashion over the years for that award, idk why they did that award for her ? And idk if it’s cool she has a diff award or if it’s insulting hahahahah

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JRCF29

Why Katy Perry hasn't won this award yet is beyond me. Dark Horse?? California Girls?? Roar?? Revolutionary music vidoes

Don't Call Me Gaga

ALGAYDO

Is she gonna bring out a rápist or a pëdo on stage? Lol what a joke. I guess it’s okay to support sexual abusers now 

JRCF29
1 hour ago, Monstermilo said:

But they said her accomplishments across music, film and fashion over the years for that award, idk why they did that award for her ? And idk if it’s cool she has a diff award or if it’s insulting hahahahah

Tricon was the replacement for Vanguard that year just like Global Icon for Foo Fighters the next year. 

Don't Call Me Gaga

Nathan
22 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Is she gonna bring out a rápist or a pëdo on stage? Lol what a joke. I guess it’s okay to support sexual abusers now 

I mean, just look who the award is named after. To some people it doesn’t matter, as long as they like the music :messga:

StrawberryBlond

I think Anaconda is her only iconic video. Just because you know of her other videos and them having lots of views is not the same thing as them being iconic. She was inspired by many other artists when it came to her videos too and didn't introduce any revolutionary concepts. She broke out 2 years after Gaga came on the scene and brought elaborate videos back, so she wasn't doing anything new and it took her until last year to do a music video film, something many others had already done. Definitely just a case of making a controversial choice to spike interest and views but doubtful it'll come off. What's with the trend of giving artists recognition awards when they're way past their prime and relevancy anyway?

2 hours ago, ImMatt said:

It's mad that her biggest influences (and let's be honest, people she's ripped off) like Gaga, Lil Kim, Eminem haven't received this award but she's about to. 

Good point. It's the same at the Grammys. The teacher should always win first, not the student.

Retro Dance Freak

Yeah no. If she was being rewarded for her musical contributions half a decade ago? Maybe I’d understand. But now, after supporting and endorsing her husband, 6ix9ine and Dr Luke I’ve had enough. She revolutionised the industry yes, and she definitely had it hard. But her recent ways of just being spiteful and disgusting with who she supports, especially when people have been calling her out on it for years at this point, I don’t agree with any form of recognition for her contributions. It’s past a whether you’re a barb or not conversation now, it’s whether you’re a good human being or not.

Don't be insecure if your heart is pure.

DoremonLove

Bedore katy and gaga??? Seriously this pathetic woman? I already didnt think much highly of VMAS now have 0 respect for them. Hope 2020 was gagas last appearance and she never comes back to this show. 

How can anoyone not love gaga

chromaticainmyhead

she was a big reason why the VMAs were a spectacle during the 2010s tho .. I guess they're trying to bring GenZ back on board

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

Rahrahbitchson
3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Well, matches the award :billie::oops:

Now what we aint gonna do here is disrespect Michael Jackson like that :saladga: that man was a real kind soul, who didnt deserve most of the things that happen to him, it makes me really sad to think about it. This joke isnt cool even more when the victims came out saying it was all a plan to take money from him. 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Archived