opinion

Tired of the Stupid Love disrespect

Chic

Featured Posts

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

I love the song and at the same time I wish the chorus was more than five (not particularly interesting) words :koons:

AURAOFSHEISSE

One of her worst songs tbh, my heart sank with my hopes for Chromatica when I watched the video:huntyga:

“Hands on your knees, I’m Angelina Jolie”

elijahfan
30 minutes ago, KORG said:

It's got its place but is SUCH a max Martin song. For me it's like Born This way was put through a katy-perry-lyric-bot and had all the Gaga dark undertone taken out. Its got the obvious "I can imagine Whitney doing this" vibe to some vocals but other than that... even the bridge flops and that's usually Gaga's flawless moment.

It's an alright pop throwaway track with no foundations but... yeah. Very eh eh, very take you out. 

I like it, but it could've been a Carly Rae Jepsen demo.

I'd be curious to know what you would have said about Just Dance back in the days :iamfair:

I really dislike this assumption that Gaga is only good with dark, deep stuff. Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen don't have the monopoly of euphoric pop, and there are many examples in Gaga's career that prove exactly that.

Rebel

All good with the opinion but that was definitely NOT what a Gaga comeback should’ve been. Like “Mother Monster returns to pop” and it sounds like that? :triggered:

elijahfan
15 minutes ago, Rebel said:

NOT what a Gaga comeback should’ve been.

And yet that's what it was, you're welcome :trollga:

monstrosity
36 minutes ago, Bat said:

Stupid Love is iconic and ya'll deal 

please put a trigger warning...

26 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I'd be curious to know what you would have said about Just Dance back in the days :iamfair:

I really dislike this assumption that Gaga is only good with dark, deep stuff. Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepsen don't have the monopoly of euphoric pop, and there are many examples in Gaga's career that prove exactly that.

I hated just dance at first, I'd only heard a little bit of it on radio and was just like... wtf is this generic mess... but then I listened to it properly & saw her perform it. It had that bridge which is nuts & the synthy bassy sounds are cool but when it comes to stupid love, it has the one bit that sounds like the DWUW instrumental and other than that there's nothing... its just sort of.. there.

Gaga can do light pop music, sure, but Stupid Love is just light pop music, it has nothing else to it. 

elijahfan
1 minute ago, KORG said:

Gaga can do light pop music, sure, but Stupid Love is just light pop music, it has nothing else to it. 

To you, maybe. But the existence of this thread proves some don't share that opinion.

dimitristhe

It’s not a bad song, but it was a bad single choice, especially being the lead single of Chromatica. It’s repetitive, with mediocre lyrics (the usage of the word Stupid is kinda funny), the video is uninspired and basic. I was so disappointed when it was released, I thought Chromatica would have been a bad album. Eventually, it grew on me and I listen to it from time to time. Now, I think is just a cute bob, but nothing more.

Babylon, Replay or even Free Woman were better single choices (A collab for the lead single would have been thought as a desperate move). I’m my opinion Chromatica has the most missed hit singles opportunities than any other Gaga album. 

When we're not together tell me everything's gonna be alright

chromaticainmyhead

*Spoiler TCB* I feel like many Gaga songs from her newer albums that are dance and very radio-friendly do sound 10000000 times better after hearing her explaination or commentary on why she wrote that song. For example, when she told the audience about Fun Tonight and 1000 Doves, her performing it first on piano and then without a break morphing into the actual dance song, the dance version suddenly sounded like something that deeply touched my heart made from heaven. I'm not even kidding, especially the melodies that seem to be so generic at first really conveyed a heartbreak, passion and the very certain emotion that she identifies with these melodies and lyrics, they really came across in a way someone I haven't witnessed her performing it in a very long time. It gave me that feeling when I watch her performance at the Brits when she did a medley of Telephone and Dance in the Dark. But unfortunately someone who has no relation with Gaga hearing Fun Tonight for example on record would hush it off as a generic radio song. It's such a pity imo that that happened with many songs from her newer discography lately, talking about her songs from electronic music. That instant connection you can't really describe what a song makes you feel is hardly transferred in her newer work, at least when you are not so much invested in her everyday inspirations and don't know her so well. It's hard to feel something in a similar why when it comes to her more acoustic heading songs like "Shallow" or even her Jazz interpretations which seem to really build up a connection with her less fanatic audience on an emotional level that she yet has to find again to trigger with her electronic music. 

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

19 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

To you, maybe. But the existence of this thread proves some don't share that opinion.

Clearly to me, im not expressing the views of a committee :laughga:

VasilisVas

I mean when Gaga is responsible for iconic songs like just dance, poker face, paparazzi, Alejandro , dance in the dark, sheiße, heavy metal lover, Diamond heart, some of the a star is born tracks, yes - stupid love falls short…very, very short so…:oops:

2School4Cool

🎶 Don’t want your Stupid Hate 🎶 

:bye:

See The Best In Everyone

Archived