celeb

Demi Lovato on using she/her again in addition to their existing pronouns

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BabbleOnBling

See, Demi should be applauded for being vulnerable like this and so public. It helps people understand fluidity and gender. I will never understand the hate she gets. 

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu (Home of the Babble On! with Bling Podcast)

Benji
2 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

See, Demi should be applauded for being vulnerable like this and so public. It helps people understand fluidity and gender. I will never understand the hate she gets. 

People have pretty valid reasons, she’s a Karen.

She’s slammed multiple artists (Gaga included), she’s tried to get small businesses shut down because they don’t have the same ideology as her, she’s slammed progressive projects that have extended race designs but for not including fat people… there’s really a long, long list of things people can take issue with.  For me, it was her attitude about sugar free biscuits, she ridiculed a business to all of her followers for selling them and refused to back down despite many people outlining to her that they’re for diabetics.

She is really problematic.

alsemanche

I get the jokes about Demi and whatever (i mean let's be real, she has made herself a joke on way too many occasions) but what she said here is felt by many all over the world. Gender identity is often unstable and fluctuates over time. There's nothing wrong with expressing how you feel about your gender at certain points in life and switching later, and to make fun of that is very shitty. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

MessyTop
11 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I don’t think folk hate her. She is just insufferable. 

Gagaono

I strongly believe that behavior like this encourages gender stigmatization. 

It's screams "Today I'm a woman, because I want to wear a pink dress and lipstick" 

BabbleOnBling
10 minutes ago, Benji said:

People have pretty valid reasons, she’s a Karen.

She’s slammed multiple artists (Gaga included), she’s tried to get small businesses shut down because they don’t have the same ideology as her, she’s slammed progressive projects that have extended race designs but for not including fat people… there’s really a long, long list of things people can take issue with.  For me, it was her attitude about sugar free biscuits, she ridiculed a business to all of her followers for selling them and refused to back down despite many people outlining to her that they’re for diabetics.

She is really problematic.

Then don't click on the thread. Tf?

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu (Home of the Babble On! with Bling Podcast)

DelusionalGaga

I honestly respect her journey of self-discovery. I think most of us here know how hard figuring out sexuality and gender can be. I also don't want to blame her for bigots who hate LGBTQ+ anyway and use her confusion as justification to invalidate identity struggles. However, it would be helpful if she kept her journey more private and didn't have to announce her pronouns every other month. You don't have to keep the public updated if you don't feel like you haven't figured things out yet. 

Bonkers

Personally, I don't really like the idea that pronouns are used to tell the world about your gender journey.  Happy for Demi or anyone else to HAVE  a gender journey,  (or discovery, or announcement) ...I just don't personally think the pronouns are necessary to validate certain invisible gender identities.

I think that "they/them" should be used for people who don't present as obviously male or female (sex)

And she/her & he/him should be used for people who present themslves as obviously male or female.

I don't think it denies someone their identity because somene calls someone like Sam Smith because Sam Smith can easily rationalize, "they call me that because I present myself as a gender that matches my sex".  Nobody really needs to know.

Having said all that, I'm happy to do my best to call anyone by the pronouns they choose.  It doesn't really matter what I personally think,  I just don't fully think it all needs to be as complicated as it is.

Remember to like and subscribe, and click on the bell icon to get the latest updates

Archived