TCB Final Interlude Meaning (Spoilers)

OMonster

Featured Posts

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reject False Icons
On 8/2/2022 at 10:03 AM, Poker said:

I think basically the same meaning behind ARTPOP (song) and Applause.

It could mean ANYTHING :bye:

cause I sure did not understand a thing 

SharkmanthaC

Do you know for sure it's self written? I mean I wouldn't be surprised, but I've been asking and no one seems to know (or respond lol). I don't have anything more profound than what has already been said. I just hope we get these interludes in high quality on YouTube or something. They're so good. 

she/her/hers

monstertoronto
9 hours ago, tmo13 said:

Sonnets (typically) are 14 lines long, written in iambic pentameter and have an ABAB rhyme scheme with a ending couplet. I just did the scansion and there is in fact 10 beats per line!! 

The poem written out would look like this:

Who studies honesty with wilder gaze

While through its oddity must wings take flight

Through alchemy the artist’s mind a maze

A labyrinth of souls make joy and plight

Admired by all faithful to their craft

My gasp is quick imagining we’re free

So like the way all children learn to laugh

So effortlessly I have love for thee

If fantasy could surely make a friend

The palette of your dreams would draw them mad

Beyond the universe you know no end

While some still search for color never had

This life is only art on life support

and nature is a knight no king or court

now as far as what she's saying, I think it could be about how she is the artist for us to create these worlds for us and her imagination to create said worlds is endless. Art is only possible through life, and nature helps create that world? This is quite a dense poem, but it's beautifully written. I love ArtisticGa so much 

wow after doing the scansion and feeling the beats of the text, this is SOOOO impressively written, I need her to do some Shakespeare now because even the way she performs it for the interlude is soooo spicy and interesting. As an actor & writer my love for her has (somehow) deepened even more after breaking this down.

Thanks for this. Also, what’s a scansion. Forgive my ignorance. 

tyler k
12 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Thanks for this. Also, what’s a scansion. Forgive my ignorance. 

Scansion is basically breaking down the lines to figure out the meter. It's something they teach in Shakespeare Acting classes, there's an internal rhythm written into sonnets, because of the iambic pentameter. 

To try it yourself, put your hand on your chest and read the sonnet with the syllables in mind, it'll help you find the stressed and unstressed ones. Tap your chest each time there's a syllable (kinda like a heartbeat) and if you count them up line by line you'll find there's 10 beats per line and you can play around with which syllables to stress for your performance of it. 

also to those wondering if she wrote this - i'm pretty certain she did, this is working with the same themes as ARTPOP and Applause like someone mentioned, and is building upon themes she's covered before but in a much more matured and nuanced way. it's incredible to see where her artistry's going!! 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

monstertoronto
9 hours ago, tmo13 said:

Scansion is basically breaking down the lines to figure out the meter. It's something they teach in Shakespeare Acting classes, there's an internal rhythm written into sonnets, because of the iambic pentameter. 

To try it yourself, put your hand on your chest and read the sonnet with the syllables in mind, it'll help you find the stressed and unstressed ones. Tap your chest each time there's a syllable (kinda like a heartbeat) and if you count them up line by line you'll find there's 10 beats per line and you can play around with which syllables to stress for your performance of it. 

also to those wondering if she wrote this - i'm pretty certain she did, this is working with the same themes as ARTPOP and Applause like someone mentioned, and is building upon themes she's covered before but in a much more matured and nuanced way. it's incredible to see where her artistry's going!! 

Thank you!  Never heard of that before. Really interesting! 

• 2 weeks later...
Batwings

I want to add that this is specifically a Shakespearean sonnet. (Three quatrains, one couplet -- rhyme scheme: ABABCDCDEFEFGG) 

Usually, each quatrain presents a specific image or idea, and the final couplet provides the message being illustrated by the previous three quatrains. 

• 3 weeks later...
PopStarOracle
On 8/2/2022 at 10:00 AM, OMonster said:

Who studies honesty with wilder gaze While through its oddity must wings take flight?

Through alchemy the artist’s mind a maze a labyrinth of souls make joy and plight

Admired by all faithful to their craft my gasp is quick imagining we’re free

So like the way all children learn to laugh so effortlessly I have love for thee

If fantasy could surely make a friend the palette of your dreams would draw them mad

Beyond the universe you know no end while some still search for colour never had

This life is only art on life support, and nature is a knight no king or court

I think there are multiple layers of meaning to be found. All of the ideas posted here make sense, but also if you think about it from a universal spiritual lens, she could be talking about the way we humans manifest our realities and the way art can be a mirror of what we are manifesting. The “oddity” is that we vibrate on our current realities. Stranger still, if we can learn how to vibrate on higher levels of happiness, those “wings take flight”. Alchemy of the soul is the process by which we learn to tune our vibrations to to those levels. And to those who have not figured that out, the “artists’ mind” is “a maze, a labyrinth”. Our vibrations create our “joy” or “plight”. As we “admirers of their craft” stay faithful to these artists, the artists wish is that we can join them in this higher plane of vibration, imagining we are all free from the “plights” we keep vibrating on. Children can so easily laugh at things, because the younger we are, the closer we are vibrating to our Source. And the artists love of us comes so easily because they understand the nature of the vibrational universe, and only vibrate on Love to help us reach higher levels. When we start learning this process of alchemy and higher vibration and “fantasy”, the people around us (our “friends”) many times cannot understand this new “palette” we choose and therefore using the only colors they know (lower vibrations) they “draw us mad”. Mad meaning crazy, but also resentment that we have figured out how to transcend this reality of despair that they want us to stay vibrating on in order to validate THEIR reality.  Our souls are bigger than the universe and they “know no end”, but those who cannot accept this reality will perpetually be searching for these new “colour palettes” that they will never have until they learn to change their perspective/vibrations. My favorite part of this sonnet is the next line: “This life is only art on life support.” Our souls knew what experience we wanted to create before we came into physical form. And all things, ALL THINGS WITHOUT EXCEPTION, in physical reality (“this life”) started in the ether of our minds and/or collective consciousness, much like all art begins in an artists mind before it is created by the artist and brought into physical being. “Nature is a knight, no king or court”: this phrase is giving me Tarot court vibes. In Tarot, the knight is who brings each suits’ energy into the world (energy manifesting into reality). The king rules each suit (usually a masculine energy) and I feel like she is saying something to the extent that we do not have to be ruled by the laws of a patriarchal society which wishes to keep us away from knowing our true power. We are creators. Our vibrations manifest into physical reality. Just like Artists create tangible experiences from their minds, we are the artists of our own realities. 

59 minutes ago, PopStarOracle said:

I think there are multiple layers of meaning to be found. All of the ideas posted here make sense, but also if you think about it from a universal spiritual lens, she could be talking about the way we humans manifest our realities and the way art can be a mirror of what we are manifesting. The “oddity” is that we vibrate on our current realities. Stranger still, if we can learn how to vibrate on higher levels of happiness, those “wings take flight”. Alchemy of the soul is the process by which we learn to tune our vibrations to to those levels. And to those who have not figured that out, the “artists’ mind” is “a maze, a labyrinth”. Our vibrations create our “joy” or “plight”. As we “admirers of their craft” stay faithful to these artists, the artists wish is that we can join them in this higher plane of vibration, imagining we are all free from the “plights” we keep vibrating on. Children can so easily laugh at things, because the younger we are, the closer we are vibrating to our Source. And the artists love of us comes so easily because they understand the nature of the vibrational universe, and only vibrate on Love to help us reach higher levels. When we start learning this process of alchemy and higher vibration and “fantasy”, the people around us (our “friends”) many times cannot understand this new “palette” we choose and therefore using the only colors they know (lower vibrations) they “draw us mad”. Mad meaning crazy, but also resentment that we have figured out how to transcend this reality of despair that they want us to stay vibrating on in order to validate THEIR reality.  Our souls are bigger than the universe and they “know no end”, but those who cannot accept this reality will perpetually be searching for these new “colour palettes” that they will never have until they learn to change their perspective/vibrations. My favorite part of this sonnet is the next line: “This life is only art on life support.” Our souls knew what experience we wanted to create before we came into physical form. And all things, ALL THINGS WITHOUT EXCEPTION, in physical reality (“this life”) started in the ether of our minds and/or collective consciousness, much like all art begins in an artists mind before it is created by the artist and brought into physical being. “Nature is a knight, no king or court”: this phrase is giving me Tarot court vibes. In Tarot, the knight is who brings each suits’ energy into the world (energy manifesting into reality). The king rules each suit (usually a masculine energy) and I feel like she is saying something to the extent that we do not have to be ruled by the laws of a patriarchal society which wishes to keep us away from knowing our true power. We are creators. Our vibrations manifest into physical reality. Just like Artists create tangible experiences from their minds, we are the artists of our own realities. 

This is so complex and interesting! I think Gaga is about 50 times smarter than me but I love when she writes like this :tony: thank you sm for this analysis!

Moonlight on Water
1 hour ago, PopStarOracle said:

the whole meaning of this interlude reminds me of the meaning of ARTPOP. gaga isn't just a pop star, she's a philosopher! :firega: I love your entire perception of this, and somewhere i bet it ties into the story of Macbeth

she/her

• 6 months later...

Hey guys I keep coming back to this poem. Does anyone knows if it's legit wrote by Gaga? Thanks

I'm obsessed with this poem:saladga:

I want to know all the facts! 

TimotheeChalamet
49 minutes ago, Du Da said:

Does anyone knows if it's legit wrote by Gaga?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...
GermanJudas16

I was just rewatching older concert videos.

She didn't say "May the clock start ticking till the next time." at the end of the Chromatica Ball, did she? :messga:

Head Empty
13 hours ago, GermanJudas16 said:

I was just rewatching older concert videos.

She didn't say "May the clock start ticking till the next time." at the end of the Chromatica Ball, did she? :messga:

No she said "I hear the thunder coming down bye :traumatica:"

Archived