Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Zara Larsson says Beyonce has no competition, no peers,no one is even close

Teletubby

Featured Posts

HausOfAntonio
4 hours ago, lilmonster2424 said:

Like a lot of people said I can't stand when people try to compare Beyonce to other artists like Gaga. They are completely different and they do different things, so it doesn't make sense to compare them. A saying my manager always says that stuck with me is "Don't compete where you don't compare."

Beyonce's performances are filled with tight, highly choreographed numbers with lots of dance breaks. Beyonce is not as theatric, dramatic, or unpredictable as every little move has been planned and rehearsed countless times. Could Gaga pull off performances like Run The World from the Billboard Awards or anything from the Formation tour? No. But could Beyonce pull off bleeding to death onstage, hatching from an egg, or riding around the stage as a half-woman half-motorcycle hybrid? No. 

Gaga's performances are about storytelling. I could never picture Beyonce reciting a dramatic monologue alone on stage and then proceed to "murder a monster" with a sparkler bra like Paparazzi from TMB. I think they are actually complete opposites, as we know Gaga loves improvising onstage and letting the music completely take over her body even when performing Jazz. Beyonce is the QUEEN of choreographed numbers and Gaga is the QUEEN of theatrics.

It is also silly to compare them as Beyonce was on her fourth solo studio album when Gaga released The Fame. They are considered two of the best living performers for different reasons, just as their fans love them for different reasons. 

Gaga could 10000% pull off the Formation or RTW performances - watch any TCB video with choreo, she’s proving time and time again how tightly she controls each and every beat she performs while keeping her vocals intact. Beyonce on the other hand can’t pull off Gaga’s piano sections or her more improv’d moments. To me its insane how little credit Gaga gets for her versatility in live performances. And her charisma is unmatched, you feel as an audience member like you’ve known her a lifetime. Same can’t be said for a Beyonce show. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roughhouse Dandy
3 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Gaga didn't write those songs for empowerment. So, there's that.

If it's on Beyonce's designated fan section, fair enough, but they're general threads on general entertainment sections, therefore, they're open to different opinions and such a thing should be accepted and shouldn't be treated weird or something to be laughed at or picked at. And naturally, an album in the ballroom genre will not appeal to everyone as it's such a niche subculture. Even if you get it, it's not for you. It was a risky move, so you can't be surprised when it doesn't appeal to everyone. It doesn't matter how much you're educated on something, art's subjective nature makes it so that none of this matters if you don't like it.

Of course Gaga's tour is being reviewed, which is what happens when you tour. But she's not getting articles written independently of reviews where she's being hailed as the best performer. Unlike Beyonce, who gets articles written about her ad nauseum even when she's MIA. Reeks of PR paying for praise periodically to keep her name out there and keep the untouchable goddess image going.

We don't constantly bring up BTWB. We keep up to date with our favourite things. And Beyonce fan's BTW moment was her previous 2 albums, I don't know how many "BTWB" moments they need. They freak out like this every time she releases something new. And I have news for you, the average member of the public doesn't know or care about Beyonce's Coachella performance. It's nowhere near as iconic as you may think. If you're not a frequent consumer of pop culture, you won't know it.

There's no need to be concerned. I've been posting critiques about music for the last decade and I'm just very passionate about it, whether it's good or bad. I'm not a big fan of "only post opinions if they're positive." Critical feedback is the only way we can improve and get a more realistic depiction of what the consensus is about the album. Endless streams of 5 star reviews don't really help anyone.

sesame street k GIF

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Chlorine Sevigny
1 hour ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Gaga could 10000% pull off the Formation or RTW performances - watch any TCB video with choreo, she’s proving time and time again how tightly she controls each and every beat she performs while keeping her vocals intact. Beyonce on the other hand can’t pull off Gaga’s piano sections or her more improv’d moments. To me its insane how little credit Gaga gets for her versatility in live performances. And her charisma is unmatched, you feel as an audience member like you’ve known her a lifetime. Same can’t be said for a Beyonce show. 

Gaga can’t even pull off her own choreography… let alone Beyoncé’s. :smh: She looks completely out of her element when she does any complex or hard choreo. Praise Gaga for what she’s good at… and stick to that. 

You feel like you know Gaga for a lifetime because you are fan… and guess how Beyoncé fans feel at her show? Yeah, right. 

Micmaky

Look I think Beyoncé is great but Break my soul has really underperformed except for the UK. In the US it’s only done well due to radio. Also album streaming is really weak on Spotify. I really don’t understand this whole untouchable scenario. Madonna far far outperformed with her Confessions album while being older. I feel I’m being gaslit to think this is a huge success haha 

hieronymus
4 hours ago, Serial Chiller said:

What flex is there in Chromatica?

I really don't get this comparison. Save for the dance house sound, these albums cant be further apart thematically.

Gaga isn't pretending to be the listener on her album. She relays her trauma and experience, and if we happen to relate to that, then sure, we are invited to feel with her. 

Beyonce literally tries to relate to her listener despite the fact that she objectively does not live those experiences. What 9 to 5 work? She quitting her day job? And some of her fans are actually following through and quitting their job. cringe. 

If you need more proof, look at the lyrics of Chromatica. All of her personal songs are told in the "I" pronoun, whereas the  "anthems" (Free Woman, Babylon) are told in the plural pronouns. 

Nothing wrong with pop stars trying to be relatable, Gaga did this a lot with BTW. Just don't conflate the two. 

Why do people keep acting like Beyonce is attempting to be super relatable in this whole album/era. She's not constantly pretending she's going grocery shopping or doing laundry. A song isn't as (auto)biographical as you'd like, and doesn't have to be because that's just how music works. Do you think Gaga is really out there slapping honey on young pancakes?

I think it’s true she has zero competition but if Aaliyah was alive oh boy…. Would be a whole other story lemme tell u

Tbh artists are artists and you can like whoever you want! For me with Beyoncé I’d say she’s a great performer but going to the extreme and saying BEST OF ALL TIME THE HEIR TO THE THRONE OF MICHAEL JACKSON NO COMPETITION NOBODY COMES CLOSE, is too far.

She’s a great performer, entertainer. In terms of putting on a show it reminds me of Jlo but better, or Janet. In terms of vocals sorry but it’s just good but I never feel any soul from her. As for her songs some of them are bops some to me are forgettable. Overall all of this to me makes her a good performer but not the greatest artist of all time for me. 
Comparing is useless sometimes especially comparing with MJ. There’s no way in hell you can compare with him because he seems to be a one of a kind phenomenon, you could compare the Bieber era to the Beatles in terms of FANS and many did. But when it comes to Michael, we are talking about a little child singing I got a feeling with just his voice his dance moves like a grown up man and won over Berry Gordy. Go watch that footage and tell me Beyoncé is the « heir », or any other artists who dances. It’s not the saaaaaaaame shiiiiit honey. Michael was a performer since birth dancing singing like no other. James Brown praised him, worldwide fans loved him. We are talking about a stadium PACKED. The biggest phenomenon of all time and that’s where this trend comes from when u say « of all time ». That was him breaking world records and before award shows they’d introduce every record he broke with « of all time ». Beyoncé is not a phenomenon. In Europe she’s less big than the US, let alone other countries. She’s just a standard successful artist calm dooooown guys. That’s the problem. The exaggeration of what Beyoncé truly is as an artist. 

Admin
3 hours ago, Glojuice said:

Look I think Beyoncé is great but Break my soul has really underperformed except for the UK. In the US it’s only done well due to radio. Also album streaming is really weak on Spotify. I really don’t understand this whole untouchable scenario. Madonna far far outperformed with her Confessions album while being older. I feel I’m being gaslit to think this is a huge success haha 

It’s literally going #1 on the Hot 100 next week.

hausofgay

OVERRATED. 

My pronouns are fâg/fâggot. If you don't accept it you're homophobic 🥴🥴🥴😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Micmaky
1 hour ago, Admin said:

It’s literally going #1 on the Hot 100 next week.

Yes, but with considerable help from the multi format radio points. Last week it had dropped out from the Spotify top 50 with 300k streams. That’s not a massive hit regardless whether it’s 1 for a week or not. 
edit: keep in mind the Lizzo and Harry Styles songs have been around for ages so to achieve 1 she doesn’t really need as many points as you would usually need. 

SHALLOW
12 hours ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

The delusion here. Watch Beyonce perform, then literally ANY other artist. Her stage presence is unmatched by any performer alive, that's just facts. I'm a fan of Madonna, Britney, Gaga, etc, but when it's comes to performing, B is on top, period.

But they never specify she's the best performer. They just say she's the best, which is definitely not true. 

Also i'd argue her performances are kinda boring. Yeah, she might sound perfect but i just don't find them fun at all.

SHALLOW
7 hours ago, freebit said:

Also, in this discussion of great performers, I always hate to see Janelle Monae get left out of the convo because she's so amazing - she can sing, dance, write music, and play instruments like the guitar, as well as having great visuals and album concepts.  Kind of reminds me of how Florence Welch somehow always gets left out of the singer-songwriter discussion (instead it's Lana, Lorde, Sky, Fiona Apple etc, but rarely Florence). 

Totally agree, i love Florence and Janelle so much. I hate to see Janelle being so underrated. Artistically she's so much better than Beyonce

Juniper

I haven’t read all posts but Zara is a Beyoncé stan and has always been. Her praising Beyoncé is like anyone of us praising Gaga for simply breathing.

Beyoncé is a great performer but you all need to lighten up and not take her tweet so seriously.

Archived