Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

RoM going to be Gaga's last #1?

dit

Featured Posts

Do you think Rain on Me will likely be Gaga's last #1 on the US charts? It's her 5th (which is a solid number of #1s).

I think it might be because sales have dropped immensely on itunes and Gaga's US streaming power is not that great (her global numbers are amazing though so she can for sure have more #1s in global markets). Also radio does not seem to touch Gaga's songs...even Hold My Hand which began with good numbers stagnated at a low audience and then got dropped really quickly. 

I think if Gaga can get top 20 songs with longevity in the US it would be amazing from now on! She does not neet to prove herself commercially anymore. She's a legend. But do you think there is a chance for another #1 somehow? and how could that happen?

• dit changed the title to RoM going to be Gaga's last #1?
FATCAT

No, Shallow is proof that we can't predict these things.

Purr more, hiss less.

Sorcerer

I mean if Rain On Me reached #1, why couldn't she do it again? She even went #1 with a folk-rock ballad.

We once thought that her last #1 was Born This Way, but look at her outdoing expectations.

InTheCloset

If sour candy gets released as a single the blinks would help us:vegas:

But idk. I think Gaga will have more no 1s.

The abyss stares back

Starmie25
2 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Not when Babylon is about to take the world by storm 2 years later :haroon:

Replay*

15 minutes ago, dit said:

Do you think Rain on Me will likely be Gaga's last #1 on the US charts? It's her 5th (which is a solid number of #1s).

I think it might be because sales have dropped immensely on itunes and Gaga's US streaming power is not that great (her global numbers are amazing though so she can for sure have more #1s in global markets). Also radio does not seem to touch Gaga's songs...even Hold My Hand which began with good numbers stagnated at a low audience and then got dropped really quickly. 

I think if Gaga can get top 20 songs with longevity in the US it would be amazing from now on! She does not neet to prove herself commercially anymore. She's a legend. But do you think there is a chance for another #1 somehow? and how could that happen?

Maybe! But who cares! Number ones are a indicator of success at the start of an artist’s career but not become kinda irrelevant after a while. Pink’s last no. 1 was in 2013 but grossed nearly 400m dollars 2018/19 🥳

erfaan

Of course. A hit song is a hit song. RoM and Shallow went #1 because they were excellent pop songs/music moments

Alfonso

I feel like we see threads like this every year lol

But OT, obviously not, ROM won't be her last #1 and we'll never be able to predict which one will be her next, however, we do know she's at the top of the game and will keep playing so let's just enjoy it :tony:  (I know some number ones are nice, but it's the last thing we should care about)

Well no one expected Shallow to go #1 but here we are... her biggest streaming hit is a song that doesn't sound like GAGA at all. 

It all depends of if the song clicks with the gp or not. 

These things are highly unpredictable.. I mean there are artists like Kylie Minogue who dont have even a single US hot 100 #1 even despite having such a great 5 decade long career. These things dont matter anymore.. What matters is that the GP should continue to stream her catalog and it should grow instead of becoming stagnant. 

• Admin locked this topic

Archived