• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism

Tea incoming… but iced, please 

Tea Hair Flip GIF by MOODMAN

it’s really sad actually.

skaxboy

https://www.12news.com/amp/article/news/nation-world/dance-company-sex-silence-culture/507-a54c4a40-44c6-46fd-b39e-d6b3062e9a6b

Article from April 2022:

At 16, Hudson looked forward to the festive weekend gatherings. But he was uncomfortable when a dance teacher, Mark Meismer, in his early 30s, repeatedly told him how attractive he was. Still, he accepted a sought-after opportunity to assist Meismer as they toured various studios and conventions together. A year later, Hudson stayed with Meismer when he joined Break The Floor’s fledgling NUVO convention as part of its original lineup of instructors.

“He called me his convention boyfriend,” recalled Hudson. “I didn’t know how inappropriate that was.”

Meismer asked the young dancer, then 17, to come to his home.

Hudson said he was optimistic. This might just be his lucky break into professional dance. After all, Meismer was already an icon; he had toured with Britney Spears, Madonna and Paula Abdul.

But at Meismer’s house, they didn’t discuss work. Hudson alleges Meismer pushed him against a wall and performed oral sex on him. Meismer shushed him, he remembers, warning that someone was asleep in a nearby room.

In the years that followed, Hudson said Meismer continued to pursue him for sex. In dance studios, Hudson says Meismer would guide him into bathroom stalls for oral sex. On planes, Meismer would grope him in his seat, Hudson alleges. To surprise him, Hudson said Meismer would buy them matching outfits.

Uhhh this Mark Meismer guy sounds like complete trash. Jeremy was a still a minor. Then he experienced the toxicity of Richy. All he wanted to do was dance. 

littlepotter

This is horrendous. "Nothing's being done about it" :( sorry but this is unacceptable if this really has been happening since the BORN THIS WAY BALL

chaeri pls

Rebel
Just now, skaxboy said:

Uhhh this Mark Meismer guy sounds like complete trash. Jeremy was a still a minor. Then he experienced the toxicity of Richy. All he wanted to do was dance. 

Exactly. Suffering from abuse as a minor and then again while living your dream with the biggest popstar on tour? Richy really turned their dreams into a nightmare and I'm so ****ing sad about it.

DeleteMyAccount

This is really bad. And the fact that Richy has been toxic for a decade in Gaga's circle... Not good.

I was always sad when Jeremy/Mark initially left. I thought it was to pursue other jobs. But now that we know about this information? smh.

Kimmo

People telling him that his stories aren’t true, should really be ashamed of themselves…:saladga:

Thats abusive behavior, to denounce the person being abused… 

Hottie Detector

Rebel
1 minute ago, Kimmo said:

People telling him that his stories aren’t true, should really be ashamed of themselves…:saladga:

Sadly some of those people can be found in the threads about Richy here.

Poker

Horrible human beings. I wish he found peace from his past and joy in dancing again.

Kindness rules all.

Roronoa

The first time I saw Richard talk was on the Dr Phil show. I found his attitude and demeanor so off putting, so much ego. 

RenegAde

Looking back, the fact that gaga fired laurieann and richy(laurieanns right hand man) took her job was a big red flag.

Can she publicly fire that man already, bad character, bad choreo. Nothing is commendable.

NATAH

in the age of Me Too, this has every possibility to gain traction and become a very public issue about abuse in the dance community/industry

whoever is in charge of richy, be it the label/bobby/gaga/someone we don't know, something MUST be done before it blows up in gaga's face (because apparently, 10+ years of abuse isn't good enough a reason to investigate)  

if they don't care about the victims, they will care about gaga's success since she's the reason they have paychecks rn. she's done a lot of work to repair her image with the GP and richy is about to shatter it :saladga:

mother, what must i do?

Dojo

what horrible experience! this just keeps getting more chaotic, and the fact that ia so rooted! a systemic mess!

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived