opinion

Share your CBT impressions

Bat

Featured Posts

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
steven

I just watched the intro and I just LOVE that she's going for this dark 90s brutalist energy. So refreshing. It screams Scorpio moon energy. 

CosmixSunshine

My only confusion with this tour is the dark aesthetic. I don't see Chromatica as a dark album, so seeing the costumes, the stage and everything just dark, which is different to the Chromatica Era that had more space and planet themes and with Pink with Green colors. 

Im also sad she left out 1000 Doves :cryga:

zerojk

Ok... it was far from perfect but honestly I LOVED it

it truly feels like a premium version of TMBT and I'm living for it

i really don't understand why y'all are trashing it,

didn't like the setlist? Ma'am, there is a point in every artist career where you have so MANY songs that decisions have to be made, she cannot satisfy everyone's santa's letter, we have to grow up

you feel like it doesn't line up with the chromatica aesthetic? Honestly what were you expecting? Pink plastic boots and a cheap cardboard "planet" scenary? Or the tribe thing? She's truly delivering quality in every minute of the show, the outfits, the interludes, her energy and voice

just enjoy what she's giving to us because god knows why we will be able to see again THIS Lady Gaga

honestly my second fav tour next to monsterball 

my only complains....

The Edge Of Glory is one of her best produced songs and I'm tired of her almost always performing it on the piano, It makes no justice to one of her best songs

The ending song felt so anticlimatic and a bit cringy in the way that those "claws" felt so forced and out of place for a song like that

can't wait to see her in Houston

Lanadelduck

I have never been so hyped. DarkGa is amongst us.  Burn me to the ground. 

AND BABYLON. She ATE IT. 

From twitter: “rent was DUE and she paid 5 years in advance”

zerojk
4 minutes ago, CosmixSunshine said:

My only confusion with this tour is the dark aesthetic. I don't see Chromatica as a dark album, so seeing the costumes, the stage and everything just dark, which is different to the Chromatica Era that had more space and planet themes and with Pink with Green colors. 

Im also sad she left out 1000 Doves :cryga:

Don't think so, the album cover + the booklet photoshoot match perfectly with the show aesthetic imo

tylertremallose

i just realized the intro to bad romance uses a similar, if not same, intro to the music video 

Shipper

Other pop girlies can do colorful, alien, and cutesy aethetic but Gaga is unparalleled when it comed to the dark grungy monster vibes. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

Ive always been team MetalGa and rockGa and just having this whole dark side of Chromatica for the concert is just amazing. Also, i did not hype myself like some others here did. I jumped off the hype train when it ruined so many experiences for me. I learned to let it be and to not overthink so I can be surprised for what it is. I feel so much more happier in terms of Gaga performances and in life in general when I stopped overthinking things.

The metal beat to 911 is living rent free in my head and it gave me shivers. REPLAY made me feel so euphoric. This tour is amazing and I cant wait to see it for myself. Im going alone! 

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

HEARTSTOP

Positives:

- Surprisingly nice choreo

- Strong setlist

- Wonderful visuals

- Gorgeous outfits

- Amazing vocals

- Acting???

Negatives:

- Basically no talking with the monsters

- Bad entrance organization (might just be this specific venue)

- No songs from either Joanne or ARTPOP (or C2C/LFS)

- Main stage was too low! It was super hard to see anything from behind the 4th standing row

- Awful choice for encore song

Suggestions:

- If she really wants to perform Hold My Hand, put it in the acoustic section, and maybe do Enigma at the end. Everyone was going insane during Enigma, that would be a good feeling to leave with. Instead, most were just slightly confused, especially with the fire that kept burning after she was gone and had to be put out by staff?

- At least acknowledge ARTPOP and Joanne's existance

-Talk a bit more to the crowd, we were there standing for hours and hours, thirsty for you...

Overall:

Amazing experience as usual, although I like smaller venues in general. A bit disappointed by the height of the stage and "coldness" that's so unlike all her previous tours.

IDGAF

withjudas
1 hour ago, ConnorFilm said:

I think some people are disappointed because Chromatica has had so many different concepts. An alien planet with tribes (SL), a dystopian future (ROM), a concept of it all being in her head (911), dancing through pain and hardship via dance (the tour). I wonder if the concept would have been more easily defined if COVID had not happened. The fanzine insert in the vinyl last year showed how far along they went with the planet concept by naming bays and geographic areas of a landmass. The idea of this album has never been clearly defined. It’s been two years, so I’m sure that’s why this is different than what we expected. To be honest tho, the bright, campy vibes of SL would have gotten old fast. This looks like a mix between TMB and the BTWB. I’m satisfied with the direction. I think we would have gotten a more singular, concrete vision for the album had COVID never happened. I bet the tour in 2020 would have been pink and very light.

This exactly. None of the concepts are bad. They are all super creative. But when a concept changes over time it makes it confusing and hard to believe it’s a single body of work 

Miel
4 hours ago, KleinGa said:

The colored wig and colored costume would feel very out of place with the theme and what she's going for. 

Huh. That makes sense.

Maybe I'm not fully on board with the theme as of yet? I just found the blonde and black leather kind of beige. Maybe if there were more textures to them? I don't know yet. But I don't necessarily dislike it.

3 points in and ready for more

LG666
4 hours ago, DiMon said:

Was Alice the new paper gangstar? I wish at least the dancers were dancing it, but I didn’t see any from the videos, just at the end. Maybe they couldn’t sort out some coreo, but it didn’t feel like an elevated plataform added much for that song. I’m glad she performed it at least:hor:

Alice was performance art

Lanadelduck
6 hours ago, Meat said:

And what do you want to do about it? Do The Weeknd and Coldplay serve interludes like Gaga? Do they give you a new outfit after every three songs? Do they give you vocals like that? Of course they need those props to cover up for that lmao 

Totally agree. She’s got the talent don’t need the splits. 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
7 hours ago, Miel said:

First impressions, no critical thinking or marinating! lol

[What I liked]

- Her performanceship is better than ever! Absolutely incredible vocals, her dancing in conjunction with the singing is really good, and even her piano playing was cleaner than usual. Didn't expect anything less, and she still knocked it out of the park.

- I actually really loved the Shallow/ARUTW/The Edge of Glory ballad section. It sounded really, really good, and it was a great set up for ENIGMA.

- The interlude videos are also really well shot. Gorgeous visuals, great musical ambience, and the ending shot of the opener where she sheds that single tear was really haunting.

- I love the stage design itself. The utilizing the huge wall space for intense video lighting, on a large brutalist stagescape, was a great idea.

- Her makeup and hair looked really good. I can't say that I'm a big fan of the plain blonde for a CHROMATICA tour, but it was styled really well and looked good. Her face looked incredible, too!

[What I didn't like as much]

- The setlist felt really, really random. I think opening with her "biggest hits" was a strange choice. Maybe it was to get them out of the way, but I feel like that really took away from the Chromatica emphasis. Did not like that at all. I feel like the placement of certain songs was really weird, too.

- The overall utilization of the stage felt... uncooked. There were two runways, but did she use them that much? And the B-stage had great moments (Free Woman into BTW was pretty cool), but I feel like she could have spent more time there, to interact further with the back half of the stadium.

- The outfits and styling were... well. If she could move well in them, I'm grateful. But even splashes of color, instead of three black latex/leather outfits would have been nice. Hell, would it hurt to wear a colored wig? jskdjksjdksd

- That Hold My Hand performance was kind of underwhelming lol at least perform it on the B-stage piano? She did that for Million Reasons on the last tour, and I think utilizing that center/far space was a fantastic idea.

Sis literally jumped over fire yet it was “underwhelming”? 💀 

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY
9 minutes ago, LG666 said:

Alice was performance art

It was but I need someone to interview her about this your and ask about the decision not to open with it … I was gagging at my TV (sharing from the IG livestream from my iPhone). 

Archived