šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Share your CBT impressions

Bat

Featured Posts

GregJA

From what Iā€™ve seen it looks good.

I wouldnā€™t say her best, but maybe that will change if she releases a DVD and I can see the whole thing in 4K. But so far I was more interested watching than Joanne thatā€™s for sureā€¦Ā 

I just wish she sang Babylon Haus labs cause thatĀ would hit so hard liveĀ :messga:

Mr. No Award Winner 2020

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Bear in mind that I've only heard about this show and viewed the setlist, not watched videos or anything. From what I understand, she isn't focusing on speeches now? I think it's just because she's got a bit tired of all that after doing it so much in her early days. It's really exhausting to do that night after night on tour with 100 or so dates. As if singing, dancing and costume changes isn't enough, you have to do a lot of speaking too and I think she feels she's done enough of it now. We needed it more back in the days when she had so many young fans who were in need of support and guidance but now most of us are older and self-assured. She didn't do much talking at the Joanne tour either. And as for the setlist disappointing many, I'd say a lot of it comes down to the fact that this entire era was originally conceived in a pre-pandemic time. Since then, plans have changed. I have complete faith that the next album won't disappoint in all its regards as she'll have free rein to do exactly what she wants without restrictions this time. Just accept the fact that we're very lucky to even get this tour after all this time. So many artists who had to cancel tour plans eventually threw in the towel and just said their 2020 album isn't having a tour. Lord knows plenty of artists didn't even tour with every album before the pandemic. Gaga gives us a tour with every album and that's rare and something we should be grateful for.

ConnorFilm

I think some people are disappointed because Chromatica has had so many different concepts. An alien planet with tribes (SL), a dystopian future (ROM), a concept of it all being in her head (911), dancing through pain and hardship via dance (the tour). I wonder if the concept would have been more easily defined if COVID had not happened. The fanzine insert in the vinyl last year showed how far along they went with the planet concept by naming bays and geographic areas of a landmass. The idea of this album has never been clearly defined.Ā Itā€™s been two years, so Iā€™m sure thatā€™s why this is different than what we expected. To be honest tho, the bright, campy vibes of SL would have gotten old fast. This looks like a mix between TMB and the BTWB.Ā Iā€™m satisfied with the direction. I think we would have gotten a more singular, concrete vision for the album had COVID never happened. I bet the tour in 2020 would have been pink and very light.

Twitter: @ConnorBehrens/Instagram: @ConnorBehrens

MelbHawker

Honestly, the Babylon performance is stunning. Outfit, choreo, vocals - perfection. I want a music video so badly now.Ā 

Edonis

Sans the lack of pink and green that we saw all over the original album campaign, much of the actual art of the record (and 2 of 3 videos) had those dark and atmospheric aesthetics so I think it fits.Ā 

Maybe it's for a different conversation/thread but I feel like so many focused on the hyper-colorful and galactic-visuals of Stupid Love as it was the introduction to the era that a lot of the other stuff was overlooked. I'm glad to tour focused on the darker theme andĀ message of the record (and maybe we'll get some more tracks incorporated in it as well).Ā 

Alfonso
3 hours ago, Donatellah said:

Just because she released more than 5 albums doesn't mean she's only able to play tracks of few eras. She could've swap 1 out of the 4 TFM tracks for at least ONE of ARTPOP (Applause, obviously, or Venus, but sadly that one is not realistic), or even for one of Joanne that is not Million Reasons. That setlost is disappointing because they wanted it to be like that.Ā 

By the way, didn't DJWS admit Venus was Gaga's sad anthem? ARTPOP for sure was a traumatic period for Gaga's life, but Venus, apart of matching better than certain tracks of that setlost, it's a therapeutic track for Gaga.Ā 

And for those who think both ARTPOP and Joanne don't fit on Chromatica's aesthetic or whatever, so does LoveGame (for instance). :)

Exactly my thoughts! People arenā€™t getting the point and theyā€™re kidding themselves by saying that she has too many hits or that she canā€™t perform everything, when the truth is that they could do a lot but at the end they just do what they want to do (I would like to think Gagaā€™s not the only making these choices, but then again, who is it, I just think itā€™s kindaĀ frustrating how it keeps happening)

How can you explain an anthem (for both Gaga and fans) like Marry The Night hasnā€™t been included in a tour since BTWB yet she keeps singingĀ it in private weddings but excludes it in her proper shows (she literally just performed it). Same goes with ARTPOP. Like whatā€™s happening. If there is someone else pushing the hits they can do remixes, mashups, medleys.. the possibilities are endless.. even then, in this case the album is superĀ short and she couldā€™ve easily have done but it feels like she didnā€™t even wanted toĀ 

I love every song sheā€™s singing, but there are so many more, <2011 eras can take a step back (monster is literally the same as the MTB)

2 hours ago, Seringai said:

I believe the setlist representsĀ whatĀ she has been through during her career

1. Act 1 : Bad romance , Just danceĀ and Pokerface were the songs that make her famous and reach the fame status

2. Act 2 : Alice Replay and Monster, represent her trauma and herĀ mental scarsĀ after she reach the fame status. How she wasĀ being treated as money maker in the Industries.Ā 
Ā 

3. Act 3 : 911, SC, TelephoneĀ and Lovegame - she copes out the problem by consumingĀ drugs, alcoholĀ and possibly sex.

Ā 

4. Act 4: Her most important phase: Her battle to be free - Babylon. She becomes free from addiction and rebirth again (born this way)

Ā 

5. Act 5: She finally reachedĀ her glory (achieving her dreams to be an actress, musician) but her trauma were still lingering

Ā 

6. Act 6: Stupid love and Rain on me - This one I still dont understand - But I think this is about accepting those past trauma and rather moving onĀ 

Hold my hand just an addition?

ItĀ may sounds reaching too much, butĀ I recalledĀ someone postedĀ similar thingĀ in the other thread.

On the other hand I do wishĀ she can replaceĀ Lovegame to sexxdreams and Telephone to Dancing in the circle which is sounds more coherent to her ideas of ā€œhealing experienceā€.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sexxx dreams and dancing in circles would be fire!!Ā 

aaronf4242
1 hour ago, Julia Fox said:

Ā 

did u really collapsed?Ā 

Yes. Got taken to medical. I missed from Babylon to Enigma.Ā 

PawsUpJago

A lot of people complaining about the setlist, but for me the looks really were non existent after the first half to me, which sucked for me, she's had far worse looks on tour in the past for sure but it was as if her tour outfits got lost in transit and they jsut chucked some stuff on her, it didn't feel special to me at all, very much an afterthought, this was really the only thing that bummed me out though besides the awkward choice to end with Hold My Hand.Ā 

Am hoping some better looks are served in the 2nd half in other shows, she legit just wore a plain latex one piece for 50% of the show it felt like šŸ˜–

badfaith

The biggest con for me was the stage.Ā Having two runways were so dumb lmfao, maybe it's for the symmetry idk? But she could have literally only had a single stage and nothing would change. Or maybe even have them form a diamond or something to connect them.

The stage also feels very empty. If it's because of the brutalist style then I wish we had more dancers to fill up the space. We can't even see them sometimes lol.

Lastly, IĀ actually love the hair, but the outfits do need a little more variation.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

LaLuna

I just watched Alice and my God I want to cry. I really thought I'd be fine with missing out on the tour, but now I'm not sure. It looks incredible, and she sounds SO good. I skipped the Joanne tour without a second thought, but I hate that I won't be going to TCB, especially knowing that it'll probably improve over time. I'm not saying we can't have critiques but I think we should be grateful Gaga is touring at all. I'll be waiting for more videos, because I need to see as much of it as I can.

badfaith

Also, did Gaga really have no heels on? I read somewhere that she had flats on (im not judging lol). I'm kinda curious what came up cause all the choreo seems pretty subdued too.

Plastic Flower

I find it funny when people complain about the lack of ARTPOP songs. She isn't obligated to perform them. She NEVER teased anything about it.Ā 

We should be grateful that she's actually doing this tour.Ā 

Drop it

MonsterPug

I guess I only have myself to blame. I worked up this tour so much in my head. The fact that sheā€™s lying down for Alice and Free woman is performed Ā through the crowd. I expected more. The set list is okay.Ā 
Ā On a positive note, GagaĀ Ā looked amazing. Danced amazing. Sang amazing. The outfits are amazing. Choreo is amazing. And she performed ENIGMA exactly how I imagined it would be. Overall itā€™s a solid tour.Ā 
it did feel somewhat empty and needing more. But overall itā€™s good.Ā 

G U C C I
16 minutes ago, badfaith said:

Also, did Gaga really have no heels on? I read somewhere that she had flats on (im not judging lol). I'm kinda curious what came up cause all the choreo seems pretty subdued too.

Yes she had on flat thigh high boots the majority of the show. They were similar to military boots on the bottom and then thigh high leather.Ā 

Seringai
2 hours ago, rinasawachanta said:

I want to add a few things: I think the show has changed a lot in these two years, and for the better. I'm sure it was originally going to fit better with the aesthetics of the album (VMAs performance style), but you have to think that it's been TWO YEARS since then. I think this radical change speaks volumes about Gaga's artistic integrity, and her commitment to her art and vision. I think that precisely because of the time that has passed since then, she didn't do a tour exclusively focused on Chromatica, but expanded it to other albums/songs and made decisions like opening with Bad Romance (which I think is risky but very interesting and came out phenomenal). For the same reason, I think she opted for a look that is not obviously Chromatica-inspired (everyone expected a pink wig) but something more Gaga, in tune with the tour proposal (which I think should be thought of as something "isolated", not a direct detachment from the album). I think such a tour helps to cement her as a mature performer and revitalizes her a lot.

I didn't mention anything about his vocals and dancing because they were really excellent, as always!Ā So I don't have much to comment on that.Ā 

I Agree, I think she moved forwardĀ to more organic approach - less props - less wigs - less dancing. I think she wants us to focus on her more. To show all of her fans that she is now an adult- she wants to be respected for her talent and journey andĀ not for the gimmicks. I notice how she has been doing this since Superbowl performance (only one stage and people focus on her more). Maybe for some people this is a downgrade- but for me personally, as a fan since 2009, this is a major development. I saw her as I saw myself growingĀ andĀ wantedĀ to respected in a field where I am good at. At this point, she doesĀ not need any gimmick/ meat dress/ vomits / skycrapper heels to be known as lady gaga. I am proud of her.

Archived