Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Share your CBT impressions

Bat

Featured Posts

Suuus
5 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

She usually becomes more talkative as the tour progresses. It was the very first show. There are plenty of things that could go wrong, she has always been more “focused” on the show during the beginning of her tours. To be fair, she talked a lot during the piano segment!! She was clearly overwhelmed by getting back on stage!!

Thank you this gives me hope that it might happen when date arrives wich is july 26 

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tinnitus15

I absolutely LOVED this show from what I was able to see through the livestream.Here’re my pros and cons(and I’m not hateful at all)

pros:

-HER BEST INTERLUDES!Like best!Espeically the final one and the one where she was talking(I feel like I was watching a movie tbh)

-her vocals are on another level.I was living for them sooo good

-Chroeo seems a bit chilled down,which fits her,while singing.Absolutely love the Sour candy choreo

-The piano section was the best part for me tbh.The stadium was singing those songs

Cons

-THE WIG.about the wig itslef(cuz it suits her soo f- well).But c’mon we’re talking about tour and they have ONE single wig for the whole show?

-About the stage.It’s amazing and I love it!Its hundred times better during the show.But…what’s the point of having 2 catwalks and use only ONE(I didn’t see her going through both of them) and that’s for going to the piano and be back to the main stage.I think something happened in the end cuz it felt odd.

-Make up,from what I have seen,is great.Good job,Sarah!

I like the set list.I love ARTPOP,but feel like most of you just want ARTPOP in it cuz others are doing the same.About the crowd interaction:it’s Covid and it’s her first show.She hasn’t tour in soo long so it must be stressful for her.I feel like this is the first tour,where she feels FREE on that stage.Like her movements weren’t choreographed every second.
Overal:Second best tour IMO.9/10!All of them did a good job 

Sneaky Oliver

My impressions:

the first two acts were really good and the best from the whole show

the interludes (even thought I didn’t watch them full) are amazing!!!! She’s serving a whole new visual, it’s not like a continuation of the Chromatica album visuals 

Alice and Replay had the best performances of the night and then 911+Sour Candy

Also the ACT 2 outfit is already one of her most GORGEOUS outfits EVER ughhh that was Gaga perfection 

Babylon with all the voguing was so good! The outfit looks quite simple though but I might be wrong judging by the low quality of the video

“negative” impressions:

I think she wasted Free Woman and Enigma walking through the crowd. At some point I expected the catwalks to move or do something t different to take her to b stage, I really wanted to see some choreo for both of these songs 

The piano segment was way too long, either BTW or TEOG needs to get cut 

Stupid Love and ROM felt rushed, the outfit is like the least impressive of them all, there was no intro for ROM it just suddenly started after SL 

Hold My Hand was underwhelming as the last song (as expected) 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

LandonM170

Ok, I thought the show was good however I do have some things to nitpick about:

1) That fact that there was nothing from ARTPOP. Now I understand it with there being nothing from Joanne however I don't get it with ARTPOP as she said Chromatica was ARTPOP's little sister. Also, she really could have just put Applause in there between Stupid Love and ROM.

2) The ballads... I knew this would happen with the fact that she only can release those sad movie songs as singles, but 4 was to many. 

2.1) BTW should have just been the full band version and TEOG should have been the BTWB verison. The piano acoustic of TEOG I am tired of it; she did it with the JWT, and I thought it fit there since she only did 3 piano songs there and only 2 were back-to-back, but damn those piano songs dragged on.

2.2) I get y'all love ARUTW but she didn't need to perform it. Yoü and I would have been a better choice in my opinion because it's up-beat. However, if it is between MR and ARUTW I like both and I wouldn't have cared for which one we got.

3) The boxed stage. No artist should ever do a boxed stage for a stadium tour. I like the stage but like get rid of the roof and walls. You should never had to buy a ticket to see a wall (there wasn't even a screen on the side). I get it said the view would be obstructed, but like you can't see her from there unless she's on the runaway or on the b-stage.

4) I get at the beginning of her tours she doesn't speak that much during her speeches but she barely had an speeches. However, I do think the reason she didn't have many speeches was because the show started late. I am pretty sure the show started like 10-15 minutes late, so maybe that has something to do with it.

NightStar
2 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

I totally agree, I think the countess-like makeup too just made her seem so ethereal and grand. Much more so than ever before. It reminded me a lot of the Scheiße scene in the Fame commercial where she's like the 'star'

And I also felt the same, finally she told a story without the corny literal pantomime of Enigma. It felt so much more elegant, refined and artistic.

I really liked the "ethereal" description, because she obviously looked "otherworldly" before, but when on tours, it always used to carry some "alienist" vibe and she has referred to herself as "aline" in BTWB which was about "a colony in space", but tonight she looked just like a super-confident actor whose story is so powerful it makes you forget the act. And to add to the elegancy and artistic value, there was also a feeling that she respected the audience high enough to treat them with something more mature and less typical than her usual tour - if usual is at all a word that can be used to describe her.   

Tinnitus15

Overall I feel like the Chromatica world is completely different from what we’ve imagined.I expected a sci-fi,alien,cyberpunk vibes from the tour but that’s Gaga and she did the exact opposite from what we’ve imagined.

Sneaky Oliver
3 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

THE WIG.about the wig itslef(cuz it suits her soo f- well).But c’mon we’re talking about tour and they have ONE single wig for the whole show?

I think that was her real hair?! She had short blond hair on the insta live before the show. I was disappointed at first because it wasn’t a pink or purple wig but these wouldn’t fit the dark aesthetics of the show and the blond suits better with the outfits 

In the land of gods and monsters, I was an angel living in the Garden Of Eden

The BPD Monster

The stage is just a cube with screens. I'm really disappointed at that. :saladga: the gave us false hope. Have u seen the Weeknd's or Coldplay's stage?

Meat
Just now, Lanadelduck said:

I absolutely love the wig. 

This. The fresh blunt cut looks stunning and grown up. I’m so glad there are no childish colourful wigs.

lilboyblue

If I were to rearrange it, FINALE would be:

Sine From Above > Rain On Me > Stupid Love 

Then ENCORE would be HMH and then Enigma, and then extend it a bit and make it a curtain call.

Schwerk

I was front row on the right Golden Circle and literally didn't see her. I'm very disappointed at the stage design. 1/4 of the audience could not see her. Everytime she looked in the crowd she looked at a camera.

Even the staircase borders to the catwalk completely obscure the view. I suggest they saw them down asap 

She sounded great, looked amazing on the screen and the interludes are stunning

Have seen her 25+ times in concert  but this was not a fan experience at all

Baby Reaction GIF

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Meat
Just now, The BPD Monster said:

The stage is just a cube with screens. I'm really disappointed at that. :saladga: the gave us false hope. Have u seen the Weeknd's or Coldplay's stage?

And what do you want to do about it? Do The Weeknd and Coldplay serve interludes like Gaga? Do they give you a new outfit after every three songs? Do they give you vocals like that? Of course they need those props to cover up for that lmao 

HeavyMetal Halcyon

I loved loved LOVED the show. Very impressed by the visuals. 

I do miss the texture of the MTV performance and the 1980s, fantasy, labyrinth/dark Crystal vibe, but I still loved it. 

She looked and sounded elevated. 

Chromatica Forever

alsemanche
3 minutes ago, Meat said:

And what do you want to do about it? Do The Weeknd and Coldplay serve interludes like Gaga? Do they give you a new outfit after every three songs? Do they give you vocals like that? Of course they need those props to cover up for that lmao 

What does that have to do with anything? :bear: She can serve all of that on a better stage like she's done in all her previous tours :bear: 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Archived