đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

The Chromatica Ball Opening Night

Pop Music

Featured Posts

Free My Mind
16 hours ago, rafaelgherardi said:

I just saw the setlist on YouTube and it says on there that LoveGame contains elements of John Wayne and I went on YouTube right away to check it and there really is lol a 2-3 second guitar element, but it's there :huntyga: so technically Joanne wasn't left out of the show hahaha am I delulu or do you guys think it was really intentional?

you can hear it at 01:43

This has been included in live performances of LoveGame since the Joanne era

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewUsername

So my two cents after having experienced this amazing show on Sunday!:
- I loved it, I don't remember ever crying at the beginning of a show, but I did now. I was so happy that it was finally happening, after two years of waiting and having not seen Gaga live since JWT.
- The interludes are the best she's ever had + the overall show is visually VERY strong, I think her strongest yet. In a way, it looked the 'most professional' yet.
 The way it was filmed was very beautiful, she took a page out of Beyoncé's book.
- The end of the intro, when she looks into the camera, there were so many emotions in it! How do y'all interpret it. For me it was a mix of "mischievous" and "you know this is a hard album, this is so personal" and "we're finally here, after all the pain, both of the album and COVID and rescheduling", something like that. Anyway, it was very strong, both perfectly acted and genuine and I felt it in my core!
- Love that she included ARUTW, Shallow and HMH. Pleasantly surprised that she's singing Monster again!
- So cool to experience an opening night show, with no spoilers and hearing so many songs for the first time live!
- The outfit for Alice :giveup: 
- Her vocals were the strongest for HMH
- The storyline was strong in the beginning

Now my small critiques:
- Indeed, for Gaga's standards, there was a lot less of interaction. I had a feeling that (perfectly normal), she was nervous for the first show. Her keeping the -nevertheless cool- mask on that long during the piano section didn't help either :/
- Because of the shorter interactions, the show was 1h54. Still long, but she usually has 2h+. Will probably be longer for the next shows?
- No Plastic Doll????
- The piano - then normal BTW - then piano again felt a bit strange

- Sad to see no keytar this tour :(
- Lack of the Chromatica symbol

- Did I miss her iconic boots or does she really not have them this time?

Overall, I loved the show a lot and I'm sure that it will improve with her interacting more again when she feels a bit more at ease and 'knows' the show. I'm seeing the Paris show as well and I feel like then it'll confirm to me that TCB tops JWT and takes the second spot of my favorite Gaga tours, right after the Monster Ball 2.0, which seems to be unbeatable to me :p

EDIT: oh yeah, the fire was HOT! Don't know how, but hottest fire I've experienced at a concert. Maybe because they were huge.

rafaelgherardi
11 hours ago, Free My Mind said:

This has been included in live performances of LoveGame since the Joanne era

16 hours ago, mdance4life said:

She added that little guitar riff during both Joanne World Tour as well as Enigma. I always really enjoyed that subtle but effective moment with the music! 

I didn't remember that! I just watched two videos from the Joanne Tour but didn't hear it, but watched an Enigma video too and there it was! so cool

HMLover

1,000 doves piano version and Fun Tonight (half acoustic half studio like BTW) added to set list between ARUTW and Enigma. 

• 2 months later...
Anveeroy
On 7/17/2022 at 12:56 PM, Joe N said:

It’s annoying how she really had killer production this time but no motivation to serve a setlist that goes beyond her 2008-2011 singles.

Disagree!!

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

TortureMeOnReplay
31 minutes ago, Anveeroy said:

Disagree!!

To be fair, not a single song from ARTPOP was performed. I can understand why that'd be based on the "vibe" other than Applause or GUY. Joanne was also overlooked entirely aside from Angel Down, even though John Wayne, Dancin In Circles, or Perfect Illusion could have all been easily worked in. So that really just leaves us with the album the tour was named after, ASIB, and the 3 year span of TF to BTW. But she ignored a 4 year span of her career and nearly 1/3 of her solo studio discography. 

Archived