About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Joe Rogan: Trump an existential threat to our democracy

Featured Posts

Dennis

Should we uncancel him? It was honestly very courageous of him to say this considering 99% of his listeners are trump supporters.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/3546594-rogan-says-hes-passed-on-opportunities-to-have-trump-on-podcast/

“By the way, I’m not a Trump supporter in any way, shape or form. I’ve had the opportunity to have him on my show more than once — I’ve said no, every time. I don’t want to help him,” Rogan said on the podcast episode, according to Mediaite. “I’m not interested in helping him.”

“When people look back historically about the division in this country, he’s such a polarizing figure that so many people felt like they could abandon their own ethics and morals and principles just to attack him and anybody who supports him because he is an existential threat to democracy itself,” Rogan said.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 7
WheresMy911Alice

Trash calling out trash imo :partysick:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7
alecks
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Dennis said:

“When people look back historically about the division in this country, he’s such a polarizing figure that so many people felt like they could abandon their own ethics and morals and principles just to attack him and anybody who supports him because he is an existential threat to democracy itself,” Rogan said.

That's not exactly a denouncement of Trump though... That's an attempt to put the blame on democrats for feeling like they could "abandon their own ethics" just to attack him because they don't like what he's saying. He's dismissing what Trump stood for and making it sound trivial that dems thought he was some existential threat to democracy, and that he didn't want to have him on because the thinks the liberals couldn't handle it lol. As if Trumpers weren't literally gunning liberals down in the streets...

Edited by alecks
spelling
  • Like 1
Dennis
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, alecks said:

That's not exactly a denouncement of Trump though... That's an attempt to put the blame on democrats for feeling like they could "abandon their own ethics" just to attack him because they don't like what he's saying. He's dismissing what Trump stood for and making it sound trivial that dems thought he was some existential threat to democracy, and that he didn't want to have him on because the thinks the liberals couldn't handle it lol. As if Trumpers weren't literally gunning liberals down in the streets...

I don't think that's what he means. Because he also said that he doesn't want to be part of "rehabilitating his image". What he was saying is that he is such an existential threat to our democracy that even people attacking him feel like it's worth abandoning their ethics for. It's clear he doesn't like him. There's no reason to question it.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1
LaLa

wow brave of him to say this in... 2022. Where was this energy in 2016 :yennefer:

• Like 6
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 5
Reginald

Now withdraw support for DeSantis :huntyga: 

Million Dollar Baby
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
SevenWonder

1. Either invite everyone on your show (in the name of free speech!) or don't. The minute you allow some questionable people on in the name of "free speech" and don't allow other questionable people on because you want to shut them down... you prove yourself to be a total fraud and hypocrite.

2. He wants DeSicko. Who is like Trump, only smarter and less obvious psychotic. So...

alecks
6 minutes ago, Dennis said:

I don't think that's what he means. Because he also said that he doesn't want to be part of "rehabilitating his image". What he was saying is that he is such an existential threat to our democracy that even people attacking him feel like it's worth abandoning their ethics for. It's clear he doesn't like him. There's no reason to question it.

The way he tiptoed around putting blame on Trump's supporters/beliefs is the icky part - because he knows that his supporters are such a large part of his audience. He carefully worded his statement in a pointed way to say people were abandoning their ethics and morals to attack Trump and his supporters, implying that is the issue he's trying to avoid and what's inflammatory.

He could have easily thrown a "both sides" in there but didn't. He may not like Trump, and even said he didn't want to help him, but he's also specifically not mentioning the dangerous and hateful actions of MAGA supporters and implying it's the opposition that would be the issue. He is specifically not rebuking him or denouncing his primarily MAGA audience.

If he think's Trump's messaging is harmful to the nation and wanted to renounce it, he could have said exactly that. He's a podcaster and understands how to put words together. He could easily have said along the lines of "When people look back historically about the division in this country, he’s such a polarizing figure that so many people abandoned their own ethics and morals and principles just to align with him in pushing racist and violent rhetoric, attacking anybody who opposes him, because he is an existential threat to democracy itself.” But he didn't say that at all.

Rogan fans who support Trump will read this, say "why the hell not?!" at his statement about not wanting to interview Trump, followed by an "oh ok, he's still on our side" when they get to the part about how nasty his opposition is. It's a dogwhistle. 

• Thanks 1
Dennis
5 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

1. Either invite everyone on your show (in the name of free speech!) or don't. The minute you allow some questionable people on in the name of "free speech" and don't allow other questionable people on because you want to shut them down... you prove yourself to be a total fraud and hypocrite.

2. He wants DeSicko. Who is like Trump, only smarter and less obvious psychotic. So...

In any case, a civil war in the GOP between DeSantis and Trump would be great for us

SevenWonder
4 minutes ago, Dennis said:

In any case, a civil war in the GOP between DeSantis and Trump would be great for us

For sure.

I just can't decide who will be worse between those two monsters. 

jeremiahsaint1000

if trump wins in 2024 if somehow he evades being sent to prison, 

it will be the end of american democracy. he will destroy our country and our environment in ways no president has ever done before

Dojo

Trump will not even run in 2024 :ladyhaha:

rest assured he now belongs in the past 

• Like 1
Economy
1 hour ago, alecks said:

Uhhhhhhh. I think it's more in between than that :laughga:

He may be criticizing democrats a little for jumping on him almost insinuating like they were exagerating

But his overall statement still clearly points to Trump being a problem on his own, not a problem only cuz liberals can't handle him

I dunno to me seems very clear, not sure how u got the interpretation that the entire quote was a blame shift to Democrats :huh:

Economy
58 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Trump will not even run in 2024 :ladyhaha:

rest assured he now belongs in the past 

I'd definitely hope America would be wiser this time around :laughga:

• Thanks 1
Serial Chiller

Honey not supporting Trump nets you +0.0005 points in the being a decent human being scale. 

Not enough for a badge. 

• Like 4