💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Adele stands by decision to postpone her residency: It wasn’t good enough

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Bolkins

She should of just announced the dates and quietly moved on from this situation rather than bringing it all up again. I know people need answers but as soon as she reschedules people will forgive and forget.

However, the more she talks about it the more people realise there are holes. She was meant to release 30 in 2020, so she had 2 years lead time to plan and execute the roll out - the residency being the crowning jewel of said roll out. It really doesn’t make sense that she cancelled it the day before but whatever.

Just announce the dates girl 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NATAH
32 minutes ago, Admin said:

It’s ignorant because it doesn’t take into account that there’s a million factors that go into making a decision like that, including a whole pandemic. Most people here act like Adele just woke up and said “nah I don’t feel like performing, tell fans it’s cancelled.” Same way people throw tantrums and say that Gaga doesn’t care about her tour because she didn’t tweet the stage or something. Just pure stan nonsense.

i have to disagree, some of these comments make very valid points questioning why the announcement was so late

mother, what must i do?

Emvee

It just really seems like she wanted to buy herself more time before the show. 

For an artist who constantly prides herself on her voice above everything else, she sure did make it seem like this was some super visual show that needed to be revamped. 

It’s 100% just going to be a dark stage with a spotlight on her and a stool 

Not The Real Gaga
1 hour ago, Admin said:

It’s ignorant because it doesn’t take into account that there’s a million factors that go into making a decision like that, including a whole pandemic. Most people here act like Adele just woke up and said “nah I don’t feel like performing, tell fans it’s cancelled.” Same way people throw tantrums and say that Gaga doesn’t care about her tour because she didn’t tweet the stage or something. Just pure stan nonsense.

There are not many valid reasons to cancel a show last-minute, besides illness and factors one can't control.

It's pretty much a given at this point that Adele postponed the whole thing because of "creative differences".

If you only notice that the show isn't coming together like you had envisioned basically on the day of the show itself, you weren't in control to begin with and it's your responsibility. 

She could have shown more effort to plan and create the show in advance. Or she could have made the decision to cancel it earlier.

Admin
1 hour ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

There are not many valid reasons to cancel a show last-minute, besides illness and factors one can't control.

It's pretty much a given at this point that Adele postponed the whole thing because of "creative differences".

If you only notice that the show isn't coming together like you had envisioned basically on the day of the show itself, you weren't in control to begin with and it's your responsibility. 

She could have shown more effort to plan and create the show in advance. Or she could have made the decision to cancel it earlier.

She did say multiple times that some things needed for the show didn’t arrive on time and her whole team was down with Covid. 

It doesn’t change the fact whoever decided to wait until last minute (whether it was Adele herself, or her managers, or the venue) made a mistake, but that doesn’t mean that Adele doesn’t care about people and just decided not to perform like people here are suggesting.

StrawberryBlond
13 hours ago, DiamondHeart326 said:

I know adele is just music, standing and singing but I got a feeling with it being Vegas they probably had some sort of theatrics they were planning on, like even if it is just her singing maybe they had like some cirque du Soleil type **** in mind 🤷🏼‍♂️ it would make sense. I mean showgirls, something,  it's Vegas lol

I highly doubt that. Adele was talking about how she was in full control of the show and she'd not mentioned anything like that, a pool of water that she was going to stand in the middle of was all that was confirmed. Just because it's Vegas doesn't mean it's all razzamatazz. All different artists perform there, including much older ones who only sing ballads, I doubt they have dancing girls and pyrotechnics. I think when you're Adele, you'll have free rein to do just about anything, so if she wants a low key production, I'm sure she would be allowed that. It certainly is the cheapest option. Her tour sales speak for themselves. They show that fans are perfectly fine with low production values. From the rumours swirling, it seems to be that she was the one making demands, not the other way around.

11 hours ago, LadyEnigma said:

i wouldn’t be surprised if she’s struggling to find a venue to book her, she’s probably black listed from  some places just hearing rumors about what REALLY happened with her and the previous venue.

I actually didn't think of that, good point. There's speculation that it'll be at Planet Hollywood but who knows for sure. Yeah, other venues could potentially see her as a huge liability because more cancellations means a loss of investment no matter which way you slice it. All those workers who put together this set still need paid for something that never came to fruition. That's not good for business.

7 hours ago, Emvee said:

It just really seems like she wanted to buy herself more time before the show. 

For an artist who constantly prides herself on her voice above everything else, she sure did make it seem like this was some super visual show that needed to be revamped. 

It’s 100% just going to be a dark stage with a spotlight on her and a stool 

All that had been confirmed was some sort of pool of water she was going to stand in the middle of but apparently she'd said it wasn't big or impressive enough and was more like "a glorified paddling pool." I'm sure most of it was all about backdrops more than anything else. I really can't think of what other kind of high production values we're talking about for a ballad artist who remains on the spot. I wondered if she was buying herself more time too because she didn't feel prepared for the actual singing part but she's taking so long to reschedule that I really don't think it's that. And if this eventual show isn't unlike anything she's ever done, it only serves to make the whole thing look even more suspicious because then what took so long to get ready and couldn't meet such supposedly high standards first time around?

Oriane
6 hours ago, Admin said:

She did say multiple times that some things needed for the show didn’t arrive on time and her whole team was down with Covid. 

It doesn’t change the fact whoever decided to wait until last minute (whether it was Adele herself, or her managers, or the venue) made a mistake, but that doesn’t mean that Adele doesn’t care about people and just decided not to perform like people here are suggesting.

It was a 12-week residency, there's more to it than things not arriving on time and the team having Covid, cancelling all dates wasn't needed.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

salty like sodium
6 hours ago, Admin said:

i literally went to her show in Hyde Park where she refused for fans to come up to the stage with her because she didn't want to catch covid but she also was perfectly fine to make us all pay for expensive tickets that they oversold to force us to be super cramped in a maskless crowd to catch covid. Claiming she cares about people right after that is a bit much imo lol she cares about our money but ultimately as long as we didn't give her covid she honestly did not care if we all caught it at her gig 

Wolf Boy
14 hours ago, LadyEnigma said:

i wouldn’t be surprised if she’s struggling to find a venue to book her, she’s probably black listed from  some places just hearing rumors about what REALLY happened with her and the previous venue.

That’s not how reality works. She will do new shows, they will sell out, she will make millions and life will go on. 

JLoveLamar
14 hours ago, LadyEnigma said:

but how much money would they make if she threw a fit and canceled the whole thing???

They're insured for this. She loses money. They do not. They wouldn't make as much as they stand to make, but it isn't a loss for them. This is what they pay insurance up the ass for. All they need her to do is sign the contract.

Archived