MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

lgbt

Hillary Clinton's advice for democrats 2024 election

dojo

Featured Posts

am i understanding this right? she gave an interview and she said that focusing on the trans agenda, defund and basically other activist causes could cause democrats the 2024 election? 

i can't find the actual interview or article.

Edited by dojo
  • LMAO 2

I'm on data so I can't whatch video.

Knowing Hilary there's probably at least some degree of logic to whatever she's saying but then it insensitively slaps the community in question across the face by putting them in the back burner...

• Like 1
ThisGuyTony

It doesn’t make sense.

Republicans are always introducing anti-trans/anti-LGBTQ bills but you never hear any Democrats proposing bills protecting the rights of those groups. 

It is an issue worth fighting for.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
Lanadelduck
11 minutes ago, dojo said:

am i understanding this right? she gave an interview and she said that focusing on the trans agenda, defund and basically other activist causes could cause democrats the 2024 election? 

i can't find the actual interview or article.

This is a click bait headline. And wrong and out of context. She was saying we have to focus on main issues to win the election so that the other party doesn’t win and continue to strip our rights away. And you’re not going to get the majority of voters by making those issues the center of your platform. 

she’s not saying to not support or continue to support trans people. She’s saying dems need to win to be able to continue to protect trans ppl 

Edited by Lanadelduck
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 5

Maybe I’m just full of delusion, but we need a YOUNG candidate who can focus on many issues that are important to address across all generations. A people’s president. This idea that candidates must hyper focus on limited issues hurts our nation in the long run.

Been a cuff touple, a puff bupple, a tough couple of years.
  • Like 7
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

It doesn’t make sense.

Republicans are always introducing anti-trans/anti-LGBTQ bills but you never hear any Democrats proposing bills protecting the rights of those groups. 

It is an issue worth fighting for.

mte!

trying to dissect her words i think she is saying that those issues are important but it shouldn't be the top priority for democrats and the upcoming election?

someone help! 

Pennywise

I mean, it wouldn't be surprising considering dems are like

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4jWhdW7RZlh2bPtCsEuf

It's just this with trans people instead this time, lol. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 2
bionic

Surprise surprise, Hillary's comments in the actual article are slightly more nuanced:

https://www.ft.com/content/2e667c3f-954d-49fa-8024-2c869789e32f

She doesn't comment on trans rights at all (the author assumes Hillary supports their own statement that Dems are too embroiled in issues effecting small groups like trans rights because Hillary says the Dems need to do whatever it takes to win the next election) and gives a realistic view on 'defunding' the police (we need police but money should be spent sensibly)

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4
10 minutes ago, Lanadelduck said:

This is a click bait headline. And wrong and out of context. She was saying we have to focus on main issues to win the election so that the other party doesn’t win and continue to strip our rights away. And you’re not going to get the majority of voters by making those issues the center of your platform. 

she’s not saying to not support or continue to support trans people. She’s saying dems need to win to be able to continue to protect trans ppl 

i DID asked in the OP for someone to help me understand her words properly. 

Basically you are saying the same thing i wrote in the op but with different words.

That those causes shouldn't be the TOP priority to win.

Edited by dojo
3 minutes ago, bionic said:

Surprise surprise, Hillary's comments in the actual article are slightly more nuanced:

https://www.ft.com/content/2e667c3f-954d-49fa-8024-2c869789e32f

She doesn't comment on trans rights at all (the author assumes Hillary supports their own statement that Dems are too embroiled in issues effecting small groups like trans rights because Hillary says the Dems need to do whatever it takes to win the next election) and gives a realistic view on 'defunding' the police (we need police but money should be spent sensibly)

3 minutes ago, Lanadelduck said:

And New York post is plainly pro republican 

i saw it on twitter and run to youtube to look for the interview and there's very few videos, so there's that. 

the following months are going to be so stressing!

• Like 1
  • dojo changed the title to Hillary Clinton's advice for democrats 2024 election
Lanadelduck

Basically you are saying the same thing i wrote in the op but with different words.

Not blaming you. Blaming NYP 

Lanadelduck

I think it’s more about how are they going to sell their platform to moderates. What should they be stumping 

• Like 1
bionic
1 minute ago, Lanadelduck said:

I think it’s more about how are they going to sell their platform to moderates. What should they be stumping 

I think the journalist's perspective is that people in general know Dems 'support' LGBT+ and other minority issues, but moderate voters, swing voters etc who by and large are not within these groups want to know what the Dems will do for them, they want to know the bigger picture.

I suppose really you could blame journalists in general for focussing so much on Dems reacting to trans issues (for example) but culture wars bring in clicks and articles about the subtleties of tax brackets doesn't, so :shrug: 

buy bionic