đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Would This Be a Cool Concept for an Album Rollout?

CommonWhiteGirl

Featured Posts

CommonWhiteGirl

So, I've had this idea in my head ever since Chromatica came out and I'm kinda wondering if this would be a cool idea or a total flop. 

Gaga's toyed around with the idea of releasing a music video for each song on an album and I'm sure plenty of other artists have thought about it or have actually done it (I'm not sure and I'm too lazy to look it up).Chromatica is the perfect example because it is split into 3 distinct sections and it tells a story as you listen to the album in order. 

Now, my thought process is this... YouTube is the single biggest music video streaming platform in the world, BUT they don't actually pay the artists to make the music videos and then release them, in fact the opposite is true where the artist makes the music video and then uploads it to YouTube, where they then get paid.  Well... what if a major streaming service like Netflix were to offer an artist (like Gaga) an insane amount of money to put together a mini-series of sorts where each music video for each song is considered an "episode." If the album is split into 3 parts (like Chromatica), they release part 1, then wait a week to release part 2, then wait another week to release part 3... or something like that. This would split the album into digestible parts for the GP because only a stan will watch a straight hour of one artist's music videos. The down side to this is that only people with Netflix accounts can technically access the videos, but it would essentially guarantee the highest quality music videos and it's something no one has done before. I think that if done right with a really artistic album like Chromatica, it could end up really cool. 

Cool idea but I think it’s kind of already happening? Kacey Musgraves released Star Crossed last year with a film on Paramount+, and Beyonce released Lemonade with a film on HBO. 

huttont

I could see this becoming a thing. Short films for music artists have been popping up on streaming services like Halseys and Kacey Musgraves. It’s an interesting idea. Unfortunately, I feel like music videos just aren’t really in rn and streaming numbers are more important. Maybe it’s just bc im getting older but music videos just don’t do it for me anymore.

The Fame

Although a unique idea, I think it would be kinda clunky for an album rollout. Rolling out one song/episode a week for a typical 12 song album would take a quarter of a year to release something that would otherwise roll out in a day.

I also kinda feel like it's not anyone's job to make music digestible for someone else? If someone is interested in an album they're more likely to just listen to it on their phone while driving to work or doing chores at home or something, and it would take less time then sitting down and dedicating themselves to watching a several part series. 

It's still an interesting concept, but maybe not for the release.

BlingNotTheMusic

I'm so ready for more visuals from Gagz. She has some of the best videos ever and is such a performance artist, I miss her passion for creating that experience for an album...

Thats too risky and wont be approved imo esp if the ratings are low.

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

pop a 911

Didn’t Netflix do this with Dolly PartonMV5BMzlkZGUyMGEtN2QxNC00M2M4LWFiZDMtNzFl

i’m not real, i’m theatre

CommonWhiteGirl
3 hours ago, The Fame said:

Although a unique idea, I think it would be kinda clunky for an album rollout. Rolling out one song/episode a week for a typical 12 song album would take a quarter of a year to release something that would otherwise roll out in a day.

I also kinda feel like it's not anyone's job to make music digestible for someone else? If someone is interested in an album they're more likely to just listen to it on their phone while driving to work or doing chores at home or something, and it would take less time then sitting down and dedicating themselves to watching a several part series. 

It's still an interesting concept, but maybe not for the release.

Not 1 song a week, but 1 part of the album a week. Like, Chromatica has 3 parts so you release 1 part a week for 3 weeks. 

CommonWhiteGirl
30 minutes ago, POP A 911 said:

Didn’t Netflix do this with Dolly PartonMV5BMzlkZGUyMGEtN2QxNC00M2M4LWFiZDMtNzFl

She did this with previously released songs, but I think she did release one new song in there somewhere. 

Chesescake

Oh so it's basically like Daft Punk, but with streaming service?

Why not?

alcohol partying GIF

Queen Gloria

Not low budget, tho. It would be awesome. But not unless it was like a fully fleshed out sci-fi movie about Chromatica. Ugh. Now I'm imagining an 80s sci-fi style Chromatica movie. Bruh. That's what the tour backdrops should look like. Scenes from some worn out old vhs 80s sci fi movie.

Imagine the 'Chromatica movie' looking like this tho. :giveup:

Or some weird late night underground anime sh*t like Peter Chung's Aeon Flux.

Omg.

Haiydar

I love chromatica but this whole idea of this kindness punks and coloured tribes is soo tacky. She needs to do a horror inspired album with Dark, eerie sounds and dive into some high fashion medieval couture. Then have some music videos in castles, caves, dungeons and forests. 

Archived