Going for my toy to feel the

VIBRATION

Im building my own SENSATION

tumblr-maj1zv-Ozdv1rdulc7o1-250.gif

Not EVACUATION gowrl :sharon:

I feel personally attacked :bear:

Sunny21
15 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

But TTH isn’t a chart with a #1 position. It’s a promo list. I imagine getting the top spot is negotiated not based on user demand. 

Well, Stupid Love was #1 on Spotify's TTH AND New Music Friday, and Apple Music's New Music Daily AND Today's Hits, on Friday, Feb 28, 2020, the day it was released. 🙂

Gaga was on the cover of apple.com. Not to mention prime-time network TV ads for Stupid Love/Shot on iPhone.

Stupid Love wouldn't have debuted at #5 otherwise... It was leaked in full over a month before release.

she/her/hers

jeremiahsaint1000
1 hour ago, elijahfan said:

Or maybe you're just not very knowledgable regarding the history of house music and the construction of house songs...? :oops:

Also, don't act like you're not fully aware Gaga has used atypical repetitions her entire career. Don't disrespect your own intelligence.

oh stfu duke dumont, larry heard, todd terry, green velvet are all pioneers of house that i listen to and have seen live 

stop acting like beyonce grabbing a basic ass house sample is revolutionary in any type of way. 

you should be the one who needs to get your ears cleaned and your head checked for thinking this is groundbreaking in any way. 

Flawless
1 hour ago, Sunny21 said:

"ALL music is BLACK music. That's just a fact." - Lady Gaga

Gaga said the sound of Chromatica was inspired by BLACK, queer house innovators like Frankie Knuckles.

hmmm...why you quoted me? 

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Sunny21
15 hours ago, OhHenny2020 said:

I agree, I’m excited for what’s next! I think this is just an intro and it’s a good one, production is on point, I will say that

15 hours ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

I kinda hope she goes through each decade of black dance music on this album, almost like a history lesson. 

I agree, especially since this is "Act I." I'm guessing... Black music in history / Black history in music... thus the album title, Renaissance.

she/her/hers

I read this comment and now it's all I can think about :deadbanana:

"It’s like you’re listening to Anna Wintour in the Taco Bell drive thru and big Freedia is the person taking the order. And at one point you drive off but can still here her in the background" 

Roughhouse Dandy
57 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

It was what I expected and not at the same time. The beat is pure 90's house, this is what I predicted. But the lyrics and the other stylistic choices were unexpected. My favourite parts are the Big Freedia elements at the beginning, middle and end. I thought it really lifted a song which just stays the same the way through. Is the lyrics really "break, break, break, break, etc" though? Because to me, it just sounded like "yaka yaka yaka" (swear I've heard this exact sound elsewhere but can't place it) and assumed it was just a sound rathet than a word and it wasn't till I saw an unofficial lyric video that I even found out there was a word here and not just a sound effect. Am I missing something? Is this a phrase used in this genre that I'm unaware of? I'm not surprised there's apparently a Show Me Love sample, it was the first song I thought of when listening to it. I think there should be a seizure warning for the video, by the way. I don't even have epilepsy and I thought that was a bit much.

I'm not a house music fan, so this isn't my thing. But I appreciate that she's trying something so different from what she's done before and still made it seem like a Beyonce song.

The "yaka yaka yaka" thing is a commonly used adlib in bounce music that Big Freedia popularized. She's used it in a few of her songs and others have borrowed it as well 💃🏽

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

Judas Oyster

Isn't it weird it didn't come with a music video? To be Beyoncé and first single after 6 years?

Makes me thing a bigger single is soon to come, and that this first song is promotional.

My thoughts: I love dance, but I always get tired of repeating sounds like in this song. Could have cut the song shorter even if normal old school dance songs are usually long. As repetetive as it was, it didn't build up to something special like progressive dance songs. Then there is no need to extend the repetitiveness because it just serves against the purpose. The hook is good with the beat together, and would be nice on the club. Since B is going the trendy dance route although a little late, I compare this to Dua Lipa, and the latter wins.

EvilBunny
7 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

Isn't it weird it didn't come with a music video? To be Beyoncé and first single after 6 years?

Makes me thing a bigger single is soon to come, and that this first song is promotional.

My thoughts: I love dance, but I always get tired of repeating sounds like in this song. Could have cut the song shorter even if normal old school dance songs are usually long. As repetetive as it was, it didn't build up to something special like progressive dance songs. Then there is no need to extend the repetitiveness because it just serves against the purpose. The hook is good with the beat together, and would be nice on the club. Since B is going the trendy dance route although a little late, I compare this to Dua Lipa, and the latter wins.

Habla mesmo! This song screams supermarket halls for me. U know that song that keeps playing on the background while ur picking food for your cat or buying chicken nuggets? Thats Break My Soul for me.  

10 minutes ago, Judas Oyster said:

Was wondering that as well, perhaps it's coming later? 

Debithius
16 hours ago, 3l3ctrar3x said:

It may not be deep to you, but it means something way more to the black community, especially to the black queer community. This is literally them reclaiming a genre that was taken away and profited by their white counterparts without getting any acknowledgement or credit over these past decades.

So yes, I am being condescending and kinda bitchy about it, because it doesn’t seem like a lot of people on here want to educate themselves on these serious issues.

So anyone who isn't black should be forced to like a song that obviously isn't that good?

It's literally recycled trash pop. If you want our money, release a good song first. Get over yourself. Your issue is throwing the word racism around and then get annoyed or bitchy when people don't take you seriously or call you out for being a massive bigot and justifiedly so.

This isn't the time or place for you to bully people. You if somebody is racist, using somebody's race to discredit their catalogue.

Also what's this thing about all type of music being created by black people? All the popular sounds? Yes of course. But I am pretty sure they didn't come up with traditional European folk music amongst many other different type of traditional sounds in Europe or Asia.

GoldenPonyboy
2 hours ago, Sunny21 said:

"ALL music is BLACK music. That's just a fact." - Lady Gaga

Gaga said the sound of Chromatica was inspired by BLACK, queer house innovators like Frankie Knuckles.

Obviously. No one is saying she came up with house music. Pop music is about mashing genres, its about taking whats okd and making it new. Like how in the early 2000s kelly clarkson was making rock inspired music, no one was saying she invented it. All i was saying is house music is resurfacing two years after chromatica. Might be a coincidence. I think its not. 

holy scheisse
1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

I feel like the second single is often the true show stopper. 

blinding lights, rain on me, etc. 

Archived