Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you think Gaga should risk touring the Middle East ?

HeyYou

Featured Posts

I think Admin should close this thread. It's going nowhere and instead of talking about GAGA in the Middle East some of you are being racist pretty much :)

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now your being nice? peace and love? lol u been making fun of me the whole time when I never even made fun of you not even once!

Youre opinions bordline anti semitism. How do you expect me to treat you? youre the one who claimed i'm killing women and childrens.

Youre opinions bordline anti semitism. How do you expect me to treat you? youre the one who claimed i'm killing women and childrens.

Ok then dont tell me love & peace.. I told you to not talk about this cause its not going to go anywhere..

He cannot be anti-semite, cause he's an arab. Arabs are semites too.

And not all Jews are semites, cause their origin is from Poland, Russia, Hungary etc, and not Middle East. You can see from the looks. Real Jews (from mother's side) are never blond european looking,

FreePalestine

Ok then dont tell me love & peace.. I told you to not talk about this cause its not going to go anywhere..

Whatever, peace & love

He cannot be anti-semite, cause he's an arab. Arabs are semites too.

And not all Jews are semites, cause their origin is from Poland, Russia, Hungary etc, and not Middle East. You can see from the looks. Real Jews (from mother's side) are never blond european looking,

That's why i wrote "borderline".

All of the Jews are semites. Jews are the descendants of Shem (ש×), the son of Noah. Semitic = Shem.

"Real Jews (from mother's side) are never blond european looking" is a sterotype. My grandparents were born in Iraq, Morroco and Kurdistan - and I'm blond. My nose is just fine.

Whatever, peace & love

That's why i wrote "borderline".

All of the Jews are semites. Jews are the descendants of Shem (ש×), the son of Noah. Semitic = Shem.

"Real Jews (from mother's side) are never blond european looking" is a sterotype. My grandparents were born in Iraq, Morroco and Kurdistan - and I'm blond. My nose is just fine.

I dont even hate jews I only hate the ones who sopport the israelian government.

wiltedbliss

I'm Lebanese and i live in Abu Dhabi(near Dubai) so i really really want her to come here! :cryga:

I think she will never come to Lebanon tho it's too risky...

LEBANON!?!? TOO RISKY!?!? Lebanon is dying for her . Im not living in Lebanon but everyone I know in lebanon wants her there. Just not in these conditions since there is some kind of prob there..

LEBANON!?!? TOO RISKY!?!? Lebanon is dying for her . Im not living in Lebanon but everyone I know in lebanon wants her there. Just not in these conditions since there is some kind of prob there..

Yeah i know! But i meant don't you see all those bombs that explode, those people who kidnap other people on tv? I am lebanese don't worry i'm like you i'm dying for her to come!

K, you don't hate jews.

k

Yeah i know! But i meant don't you see all those bombs that explode, those people who kidnap other people on tv? I am lebanese don't worry i'm like you i'm dying for her to come!

But singers go to Lebanon all the time even in war time and nothing ever happened to them Lebanon is full of entertainment 24/7 in downtown beirut nothing happens only in christian or muslim or shiaa areas. but now is not the right time for her to tour in lebanon or any arabic country anything can happen now.

Sudarshana

I think Gaga is slightly different from other artists who came to Middle Eastern countries, because her most important message is freedom of being who you are. She just can't go to a country that forbids homos-xuality and pretend that she's OK with it.

Nous sommes tous obligés, pour rendre la réalité supportable, d'entretenir en nous quelques petites folies. — Marcel Proust

How about you all take a seat and quit talking out of your asses with things you do not know or understand.

Let the actual Middle Easterner who's been to all stable Middle Eastern countries answer this....question.

First of all

Turkey is not part of the Middle East. It's part of Europe, so stop saying Istanbul. I will also exclude Israel in my discussion because of all the drama.

Also, not all Middle Easterners identify as ARAB as ARAB is a culture not a COUNTRY. I for one do not think myself as an Arab. Also not all Middle Easterners are Muslims. I am a Christian Maronite. Please educate yourselves before answering questions and making yourself look like fools.

Now on to the question

Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, and Oman are not the most stable regions so Lady Gaga would most likely not visit them.

Saudi Arabia has very strict guidelines on hosting entertainment here, and Lady Gaga will most likely not agree to the conditions.

Kuwait, Qatar, and Bahrain are viable candidates, but given their locations and general tourism potential, they are less than ideal locations to visit. Historically, international concerts there do not sell well so most Kuwaitis, Qataris, and Bahraini fans are more than happy (and financially capable) to travel to watch their fave.

If Lady Gaga were to tour the Middle East, the most logical locations would be UAE and Lebanon.

Despite the national strife, Lebanon is no stranger to hosting international acts. Renowned artists from the USA have come here with no incident, most claiming that it is one of their more favorite locations. (see David Guetta, Mariah Carey, etc... ). Lebanon is a highly liberal state thanks to its relations with the West and is THE melting pot of religious faiths and cultures.

Lady Gaga however is infamous for her stance on several social issues that still conflict with the general public here. Ironically, Lebanon probably would be the state most tolerant to Lady Gaga on a fundamental level.

Still, I have no doubts that she would receive a death threat or two ( she has received them even in the USA even so let's not get into that ), but at worst she would get picketed at her concert (Like in the USA). No threat has ever amounted to anything, and Lebanon lacks the extreme religious intolerance of a place like Indonesia. (in both Islam and Christianity)

The main problem with Lebanon is that despite its hefty entertainment budgets, it would most likely not be able to afford Lady Gaga's obscene performance fee. Several high profile acts had initially declared they were coming here, only to cancel because the entertainment companies tasked here were unable to procure the money in time.

This is why many opt to go to the UAE, which is much better off funding for international entertainment acts. UAE has one of the biggest stadiums in the world and is generally safer because of their profit driven culture.

Like Lebanon, there would be some backlash. However, it would only be from Muslim zealots but due to the very high foreign-native ratio there, it would be insignificant.

Also, unlike Lebanon, if Lady Gaga decides to go to Israel, UAE would have no issue hosting her.

So if Lady Gaga were to come to the Middle East, she would most likely visit UAE and maybe Lebanon.

And why did exclude Israel again? What drama? Madonna made 15 million dollars from 2 shows here.

k

But singers go to Lebanon all the time even in war time and nothing ever happened to them Lebanon is full of entertainment 24/7 in downtown beirut nothing happens only in christian or muslim or shiaa areas. but now is not the right time for her to tour in lebanon or any arabic country anything can happen now.

She will not go to Lebanon

/discussion about Lebanon.

Evanescence

And why did exclude Israel again? What drama? Madonna made 15 million dollars from 2 shows here.

I excluded Israel to avoid drama in this discussion. I have no illusions that Gaga would not visit Israel if Interscope wanted her to, but Madonna has always been pro-Israel publicly while Gaga has made no such statement yet. So I won't talk on her behalf.

It's called being mature about the conversation and avoiding potential drama in a thread where I assume most of you do not know a thing about politics besides what you see on TV and family dinners :)

Archived