charts

HMH Rises To All Time High In Spotify

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy

Maybe hope for a moderate stream hit is possible after all :bradley:

Also why is it not even top 200 in the biggest market USA? :deadbanana:

Levine

Yeah still out of the top 200 of USA is bad, I don't know why. It's doing relativelly well on iTunes and on radio.

Economy
5 minutes ago, Levine said:

Yeah still out of the top 200 of USA is bad, I don't know why. It's doing relativelly well on iTunes and on radio.

I mean iTunes really means squat at this point if we're gonna be honest

But yeah it's doing decent on radio and not too bad on YouTube.

I guess older adults are really vibing to the song a lot more than younger ones. Not surprised given the 80s feel and vibe of the song

I actually love the track so much. I'm quite shocked at how poorly it's done on streaming so far I didn't expect that at all 

Levine

I kinda expected it, I mean it's summer and we're talking about a ballad. And it's a good ballad, but coming from the same woman who did masterpieces like ARUTW/Shallow etc maybe the GP expected more, I don't know.

It sits at #129 here in Italy and it's like the only ballad in the top 200 lmao 

Economy
Just now, Levine said:

I kinda expected it, I mean it's summer and we're talking about a ballad. And it's a good ballad, but coming from the same woman who did masterpieces like ARUTW/Shallow etc maybe the GP expected more, I don't know.

It sits at #129 here in Italy and it's like the only ballad in the top 200 lmao 

Personally this is my fav single from her in a very long time. I'm surprised it's not meeting some people's expectations tbh but I guess there's no accounting for taste :sweat:

I'm actually blown away by the song... I had it in constant repeat for like a week when it came out :ladyhaha:

tyler k
1 hour ago, Economy said:

I actually love the track so much. I'm quite shocked at how poorly it's done on streaming so far I didn't expect that at all 

should we blame Spotify playlisting for being SHITE!!

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Economy
7 minutes ago, tmo13 said:

should we blame Spotify playlisting for being SHITE!!

To be fair, if there was no playola involved and they kept integrity to only put the bigger hits on the hit playlists, HMH still wouldn't be there now :flop:

Gaby15
5 hours ago, Economy said:

https://kworb.net/spotify/country/ca_daily.html

It has reached #101 in my Country (all time high) and more importantly #132 Globally also an all time high if I'm not mistaken

HMH also finally passed the 1 Million daily global streams yesterday globally

it peaked #119 WW when released

Gaby15
1 minute ago, Gaby15 said:

it peaked #119 WW when released

and it was #80 in Canada

Sunny21
4 hours ago, Levine said:

And it's a good ballad, but coming from the same woman who did masterpieces like ARUTW/Shallow etc maybe the GP expected more, I don't know.

Billboard 100 (week of movie release) 
#5 Shallow (#28 before movie release, #1 after Oscar performance)
#36 I'll Never Love Again 
#41 Always Remember Us This Way 
#63 Is That Alright? 
#93 Maybe It's Time

Billboard 200 (week of movie release) 
#1 ASIB 

FYI, multiple songs hit the Hot 100 when ASIB hit the theaters... because ASIB is a LADY GAGA MOVIE. She's the female lead! 

Like I said weeks ago when HMH was released, HMH is NOT Shallow 2.0, because Top Gun: Maverick is NOT A Star Is Born 2.0! 🤔

Gaga became a movie star seemingly overnight. The audience LOVED her, loved the movie, and the songs she sang DURING the movie. They bought the soundtrack and watched the music videos. Just read the 2018 comments on youtube.

she/her/hers

Sunny21

Personally this is my fav single from her in a very long time. I'm surprised it's not meeting some people's expectations tbh but I guess there's no accounting for taste :sweat:

I'm actually blown away by the song... I had it in constant repeat for like a week when it came out :ladyhaha:

5 hours ago, Levine said:

Like I said last month when HMH was released, Top Gun: Maverick is NOT Gaga's movie, and she wouldn't be doing promo with the cast.

People watching TGM may NOT even notice HMH, because it doesn't play DURING a hot and sexy love scene (Tom is 59), or the highly anticipated hot and sexy beach football scene, for that matter. 

HMH plays before and during the end credits... when the audience is getting ready to leave. It's a movie theater, not Netflix or Disney+! 

Top Gun: Maverick is NOT Top Gun, either. The love story in the sequel is muted, not hot and sexy like the 1986 original. New romantic scenes between Tom and Kelly (then in their 20s) were filmed to feature the love song written for Top Gun!

If we're being honest... Would love songs like My Heart Will Go On be so popular... IF the doomed lovers in Titanic were in their FIFTIES?? 🙂

she/her/hers

Archived