💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga method acting as Harley Quinn opposite Joaquin Phoenix...

Bradley

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea how she will approach this. Ally was girl-next-door-ish. Patrizia was an actual person, but this would be something else. Anyway, hope she goes ahead wiih it. 

LateToCult

When she Millies f-words on stage at the Chromatica Ball to get into character. :firega:

Helxig
16 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

Gaga method acts because she knows no other way. She stayed in the vessel for days before performing at the Grammys in 2011.

She even said in that long zoom interview with other actors that she needs to learn a healthier way of acting

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Bolkins

Now I’ve sat with the idea, I think it could be the role of Gaga’s career (so far). However, I think she needs to be comfortable with being imperfect and to not give a **** about how she’s perceived publicly. Joaquin is the opposite in nature, he does not care at all and it could be a weird juxtaposition if she doesn’t find the balance. 

Suspiria
19 hours ago, Fanta said:

I am just not ready for another press tour disaster after the HoG experience. I loved the ASIB press tour, the execution was a complete success. There's no nicer way to say this, but I hope she checks the pretentiousness at the door before she gives her interviews.

Even as a fan, I personally found it overbearing how she was trying to sell her acting in interviews instead of letting the work speak for itself.

Personally I feel the opposite. I found ASIB promo insufferable, she was just unbearably modest and unconfident. She was just on autopilot, crying and saying the same stuff about how she's nothing without Bradley.

She's literally Lady Gaga, an incredibly accomplished artist who works hard for her roles. With HoG it felt like she was owning that and being proud of the work she did and the artist she is.

She's also an entertainer, and the HoG promo felt like she was taking it as another opportunity to entertain us.

Fanta
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Personally I feel the opposite. I found ASIB promo insufferable, she was just unbearably modest and unconfident. She was just on autopilot, crying and saying the same stuff about how she's nothing without Bradley.

She's literally Lady Gaga, an incredibly accomplished artist who works hard for her roles. With HoG it felt like she was owning that and being proud of the work she did and the artist she is.

She's also an entertainer, and the HoG promo felt like she was taking it as another opportunity to entertain us.

At least it was genuine though, the overflow of emotions during the ASIB press run. She always wanted to be an actress and she got raving reviews for both her singing and acting, I can only imagine how grateful she must have felt - especially since it was her first starring role. That is why I don't fault her for how she went about it.

I still remember with the HoG interviews how there was so much tension and awkwardness, and that is not taking into account the exaggerations and the monologues. Then again, that is my personal perception. Overall though, I think the HoG press run left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths because the movie didn't measure up to the hype anyway.

NATAH
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

honestly! if you've seen one ASIB interview, you've already seen them all :yennefer: she was GLUED to that oscars script

mother, what must i do?

Sunny21
23 hours ago, Fanta said:

I loved the ASIB press tour, the execution was a complete success.

Really?? Gaga gave Bradley ALL THE CREDIT on the ASIB press tour... She was a shadow of herself.

It was frustrating, especially for female fans (and female journalists), wondering what's going on with Lady Gaga... Now we know.

Gaga told Oprah in Jan 2020 that she was severely DEPRESSED for 2 years and had to be watched in case she tried to hurt herself. She did win an Oscar, however.  

She'd kept her psychotic break and depression a secret, until she finally decided to talk about it. Secrets made her sick, she said.  

Why does Lady Gaga keep giving Bradley Cooper credit for all her work in A Star Is Born?
https://www.image.ie/editorial/why-does-lady-gaga-keep-giving-bradley-cooper-credit-for-all-her-work-in-a-star-is-born-film-138985

Lady Gaga Needs to Stop Giving Bradley Cooper All the Credit for A Star Is Born

https://www.instyle.com/reviews-coverage/movies/lady-gaga-thanking-bradley-cooper

she/her/hers

Sunny21
On 6/14/2022 at 6:34 AM, dojo said:

am i the only one that thinks Gaga trolls and exaggerates her method acting?

honestly i am not even that convinced she really method acts.

Gaga studied method acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre & Film Institute for 10 years.

HoG is her second movie, her FIRST playing a real person. It's exciting for her. 

Strasberg's Method focuses on the psychological aspects of the actor's own real-life experiences to temporarily "become" the character they are portraying. 

Gaga said she LIVED AS Patrizia for the entirety of filming... as corroborated by ADAM, CAMILLE, SALMA, JARED, and RIDLEY.  

Adam and Salma teased her about it. Camille said Gaga would not speak to her as their characters were rivals. Jared said they both stayed in character. 

Ridley said he thought Gaga actually has an Italian accent, "because she was so IN CHARACTER every minute of the day I saw her. Even socially, she was right in character. So I thought, I think this has always been her. But it wasn’t." 😂

Why would her director and co-stars LIE for her? 

Why is it so hard for some of her "fans" to believe... that she was in character the whole time? That she was telling the TRUTH??

So you don't like her acting, but why accuse her of LYING?? Not just Gaga, but her director and co-stars, who lied for her, right? 

Then again, you criticize Gaga in every thread. You don't need no reason, lol.

she/her/hers

Ladle Ghoulash
On 6/14/2022 at 9:34 AM, dojo said:

am i the only one that thinks Gaga trolls and exaggerates her method acting?

honestly i am not even that convinced she really method acts.

i am 100% sure she is well aware of how well it played during ASIB to say weird things during press tour and now she is just trying to be eccentric just to make people talk and create buzz. 

she will be fineeee.

She literally studied Stanislavsky at Circle in the Square and has talked about using 'sense memory' (which is a key component of the Method) as early as 2008. 

Ladle Ghoulash
12 hours ago, Galagala said:

I hate her whole award campaign. Very annoying and pretentious...

Tbh I'd rather listen to an actor talk about acting than tabloid bullshit 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fanta
2 hours ago, Sunny21 said:

Really?? Gaga gave Bradley ALL THE CREDIT on the ASIB press tour... She was a shadow of herself.

It was frustrating, especially for female fans (and female journalists), wondering what's going on with Lady Gaga... Now we know.

Gaga told Oprah in Jan 2020 that she was severely DEPRESSED for 2 years and had to be watched in case she tried to hurt herself. She did win an Oscar, however.  

She'd kept her psychotic break and depression a secret, until she finally decided to talk about it. Secrets made her sick, she said.  

Why does Lady Gaga keep giving Bradley Cooper credit for all her work in A Star Is Born?
https://www.image.ie/editorial/why-does-lady-gaga-keep-giving-bradley-cooper-credit-for-all-her-work-in-a-star-is-born-film-138985

Lady Gaga Needs to Stop Giving Bradley Cooper All the Credit for A Star Is Born

https://www.instyle.com/reviews-coverage/movies/lady-gaga-thanking-bradley-cooper

How we personally feel about what she said is one thing, but I still believe the press run for ASIB was an absolute success. Her vulnerability during the promo tour wasn't an achilles heel, it's what made her shine through IMO.

Archived