💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Musicals are not always bright and funny

Meat

Featured Posts

Meat
Just now, dojo said:

well yes but that's the thing about the joker sis, he sings and he dances trough his pain and this time is not only about him but the good ol sis harley that is bats*** crazy LOVES to put on a proper SHOW, yassss

Well then let's glue on our wigs tight because they're about to be snatchedT :pole:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meat
3 minutes ago, Reality said:

Because the first movie was “dark” and “edgy”, so it’s expected that the sequel keep that same tone.

Which it will.

Starmie25

There's many batshit musicals that are extremely dark - Sweeney Todd, The Hunchback of Notre Dame

tyler k

most good musicals are not sunshine & unicorns haha

even the original Into the Woods (act two specifically) is pretty damn dark.

Hair, Cabaret, Spring Awakening, The Color Purple, and A Chorus Line [basically all my fave musicals lol] are all pretty dark and serious at their core and have happy moments sure- but are more about the human experience, 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Chlorine Sevigny

It’s not that hard to figure out the musical numbers will play into the psychosis of the characters. 

What I think is bothering people subconsciously is that Gaga is returning to music as if it’s a crutch. 2 of her 3 major films will be music related. 

Reality
31 minutes ago, Meat said:

Which it will.

I'm not saying that it won't

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

Reginald

:giveup: If this is anything like Sweeney Todd, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Repo, or Little Shop of Horrors I'm going to stan so hard :tony: :bradley: This almost sounds too good to be true. 

The Z
2 hours ago, Meat said:

What part of ASIB is "broadway caricaturesqué be bop signature" to you? :oprah: They never said it's a traditional broadway musical, it might very well have a few songs and thats it. 

Edit: just understood the end of your comment lol

AbhainnTirim

Yes 100%. My favourite musical of all time is “Blood Brothers” by Willy Russell, and lmao it’s so depressing. It’s the type of thing I listen to when I’m sad to get more sad to be happier later on, if you get me

tomdsgn

People on this site are absolutely crazy

”it will have comedy tones”

Have you seen the original Joker? The only person who found anything funny was Joker, because he was batshit crazy. That film was intense. No comedy tones in sight. 

Meat
2 hours ago, Frank Potion said:

It’s not that hard to figure out the musical numbers will play into the psychosis of the characters. 

What I think is bothering people subconsciously is that Gaga is returning to music as if it’s a crutch. 2 of her 3 major films will be music related. 

I get your point but most of Liza Minnelli and Judy Garland's roles were also musicals yet that never seemed to affect their credibility as actors.

tomdsgn
1 hour ago, Reginald said:

:giveup: If this is anything like Sweeney Todd, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Repo, or Little Shop of Horrors I'm going to stan so hard :tony: :bradley: This almost sounds too good to be true. 

Sweeney Todd is really the best we could hope for if they’re going for the musical route. Dark, twisted tragic. And that power dynamic between Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. Damn. 

27monster27

I did Fiddler on the Roof in high school and yes, musicals 100% are not always upbeat and happy.

he/him/his

Archived