Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

'The Ellen DeGeneres Show' has officially ended

COOOK

Featured Posts

Dojo

was it really because she got cancelled or because the public outgrew it organically?

alecks
19 minutes ago, Thotiano said:

was it really because she got cancelled or because the public outgrew it organically?

I think a bit of both tbh

Robinladen

Even if it all ended on a sour note, Ellen is still a trailblazing LGBTQ+ icon and lots of fun moments happened on the show. :applause:

SKANK

In the near future, when our culture has finished jeering the downfall of another powerful woman, we will be able to more honestly reflect on the immeasurable effect this talk show had in normalizing queerness for middle America.

After a long isolating day of being the only gay kid at school, this show felt like a life raft. I will forever be grateful for her and this show. Thank's Ellen. :vegas:

Borisapillar

Why do I feel like this show “officially ended” like 17 times :partysick:

Lucas

I know there was a lot of drama about Ellen these past years but the show still offered a lot of memorable and funny moments. Kinda sad it's ending

Not The Real Gaga
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I know there was a lot of drama about Ellen these past years but the show still offered a lot of memorable and funny moments. Kinda sad it's ending

It was a fun and good show despite the **** that went down behind the scenes. Ellen was great as a host and is still an icon.

Lucas
Just now, Not The Real Gaga said:

It was a fun and good show despite the **** that went down behind the scenes. Ellen was great as a host and is still an icon.

100% agreed! Do we know if she is retiring or will she be working on some new projects?

beli8

So bittersweet to see it come to an end. I remember when it first started. Queerness was still a pretty taboo topic on TV. I didnt even know I was gay yet, but I always loved and admired her as one of the pioneers to help the message of acceptance. Even before the show, I was a big fan of her stand up routine and acting. So to have her on tv every week day, just having fun with her guests and the audience, was so much fun! Whatever went on these last few years, I hope was not anything intentional on her part (it just doesnt seem like it would have been) nor from anyone on her team. And if anyone was at fault I hope they've learned a lesson and have grown. I think she's just ready to move on to other things though after having done this for so long. Its hard to let something so familiar like this go but I imagine she's also looking forward to new opportunities, and to resting/relaxing!

One of my all time favorite moments on her show was Kristen Bell and the sloth lol I always go back to watch it, and I quote so much of it in my daily life ha:

Archived