đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Katy Perry dragging Sky Ferreira

weed

Featured Posts

elijahfan
2 minutes ago, Thotiano said:

and levitating 8m? barely two years old? the impact that none of the other had. 

and it is the most successful song of this century according to billboard i will find the source.

It is the longest-charting female song, yes (meaning it actually had more time to reach those numbers than any other song). But in terms of sales, it's nowhere near the top. As a matter of fact, it's not even Dua's most successful single.

It doesn't take away from her success, but going back to my initial post, let's not exaggerate things.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dojo
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

It is the longest-charting female song, yes. But in terms of sales, it's nowhere near the top. As a matter of fact, it's not even Dua's most successful single.

It doesn't take away from her success, but going back to my initial post, let's not exaggerate things.

but you were comparing her to Britney? and she almost there to Britney's most successful single from many decades ago.

i know @Meat is annoying and messy asf but they were right, maybe Dua is the new britney spears 

elijahfan
7 minutes ago, Thotiano said:

but you were comparing her to Britney? and she almost there to Britney's most successful single from many decades ago.

i know @Meat is annoying and messy asf but they were right, maybe Dua is the new britney spears 

I mean, selling 10M physical copies back in 1998 is hardly comparable to today's numbers that are mainly influenced by streaming, but technically yes she's not far behind. But Dua's rise to fame, though impressive, is a far cry from the fan and media obsession Britney generated back in the days. Beyond numbers, I don't really see any clear comparison between the two, except for the mere fact that they're both successful pop singers. A lot of other female singers have comparable numbers, and we're not calling them the new Britneys simply because of this.

Dojo
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I mean, selling 10M physical copies back in 1998 is hardly comparable to today's numbers that are mainly influenced by streaming, but technically yes she's not far behind. But Dua's rise to fame, though impressive, is a far cry from the fan and media obsession Britney generated back in the days. Beyond numbers, I don't really see any clear comparison between the two, except for the mere fact that they're both successful pop singers. A lot of other female singers have comparable numbers, and we're not calling them the new Britneys simply because of this.

well i was calling addison rae the new britney :air:

at least Dua is more up there me thinks :fatcat:

Dojo
Just now, Meat said:

giphy.gif

look what you made me do!

i am not going down that dua - britney rabbit hole again :bradley: i promise myself.

Meat
23 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

FYI, about the other girlies, Taylor Swift's 'Love Story' sold 18M copies, Gaga's up there with 'Poker Face' and 14M singles sold, while Britney's 'Baby One More Time' sold 10M. 'Bad Romance' sold 12M, 'Shallow' 10.2M.

This is a bit inaccurate actually. You’re counting SPS for Rihanna and Taylor but pure sales for Gaga and Britney. The best selling female single of all time is Rolling in the Deep and #2 is Poker Face :party:

elijahfan
5 minutes ago, Meat said:

This is a bit inaccurate actually. You’re counting SPS for Rihanna and Taylor but pure sales for Gaga and Britney. The best selling female single of all time is Rolling in the Deep and #2 is Poker Face :party:

I got those numbers from a list that I believed included SPS. The only one I knew was pure sales only was Britney because Baby One More Time came out long before streaming was even a thing.

Dojo
1 minute ago, elijahfan said:

I got those numbers from a list that I believed included SPS. The only one I knew was pure sales only was Britney because Baby One More Time came out long before streaming was even a thing.

omg you were misleading me on purpose then! i knew something was fishy! 

elijahfan
10 minutes ago, Thotiano said:

omg you were misleading me on purpose then! i knew something was fishy! 

I didn't mislead anyone, I pointed it out to you above that selling 10M copies in 1998 wasn't the same as today because of streaming. The numbers I found for Levitating were SPS. If anything, it's only signaling that Britney's numbers were more impactful at the time, thus reinforcing my initial point.

Archived