💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor Swift was cancelled and almost lost her career

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Moonlight on Water
2 hours ago, Chemtrails said:

tbh I wish her career was over at least we'd be free from her boring and uninteresting releases she pushes out every month or two

so true every time she releases she climbs through my window and puts me at gunpoint to make me stream her releases.

she/her

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
phantasmas

I hated her up until she denounced her alt-right, nazi following :interestinga:

Now I'm just indifferent to her :poot:

Lucas
1 hour ago, COOOK said:

The way fans martyrize 2016 Taylor makes me cringe because it brings back memories of the way no one was there for 2013 Gaga. I don't wanna invalidate Taylor's feelings but while she was receiving hate directly from the public for her behavior (wether she was in the right or not), Gaga went through betrayal from her own team and them, fellow artists, press and even fans turned their backs on her all for (in a nutshell) putting out an album- which to me this is worse, especially how much Gaga cares for her art.

Give that a thought because while even the most loved artist/celebrity gets hate publicly on a daily, Gaga had to deal with the people she's surrounded with daily, people who's job is to be with her among many other obvious things..

There's just something egotistical in what Taylor did with her reputation era. One sought revenge... One sought authenticity. Call me out for the bias idc, I just made this comparison because I never liked this glorification of Taylor

Wow what a big load of pxxp you wrote! You don't wanna invalidate Taylor's feelings but you do it, and not only that but her whole story and everything she's been through these past years lol

Gaga went through betrayal of her own team -> Taylor's label & manager bought her masters behind her back, aka STOLE HER ART, and were not even letting Taylor perform her own songs, HER OWN ART, until she publicly exposed them. Isn't Taylor a victim here?

fellow artists, press and even fans turned their backs on her all for (in a nutshell) putting out an album -> for Taylor it was because of the lie of a 40 something years old man for a feud that said man started when Taylor was 19 lmao

fellow artists, press and even fans turned their backs on her all -> Same for Taylor! Everyone started calling her a liar, snake, saying she's the worst artist out there, she has no ass, basic white girl, McDonalds music etc... Everywhere online was just Taylor being trashtalked. Nobody saw Taylor for 1 year, she didn't leave her house and I think she revealed having suicidal thoughts during that time

Gaga had to deal with the people she's surrounded with daily, people who's job is to be with her among many other obvious things.. -> Just like Taylor with her record label and manager with who she worked for 13 years!

There's just something egotistical in what Taylor did with her reputation era. One sought revenge... One sought authenticity. -> I really don't see what's wrong with her wanting the world to know the truth about who she is, what happened to her, and make fun of the media's portrayal of her at the same time.

So what, you wanted Taylor to remain silent and let evil people lie about her and steal her art and cry in her corner? Gaga would be the first to say that women should stand up for themselves, you know it.

What a delusional hater you are :toofunny:

NichuuB
3 minutes ago, Lady JarJar said:

so true every time she releases she climbs through my window and puts me at gunpoint to make me stream her releases.

She's so sick and twisted:udidnt:

Property of @Whale

Roughhouse Dandy

Yeah, uhhhhh. 

She's entitled to feel however she wants to about her treatment a few years back, but the use of the term "cancelled" is getting overused and diluted. I don't recall her concerts ever getting postponed or appearances getting pushed back or anything like that because of public perception. 

They way she was talked about in the media for so long was unfair and vicious. She was targeted and harassed. She was not canceled. I'm worried this is going to turn into "Taylor Swift always plays the victim" again, which won't be good since she's already done her Reputation Era thing. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

COOOK
11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Wow what a big load of poop you wrote!

What a delusional hater you are :toofunny:

What Taylor's doing with her masters and re-recordings is a separate- and rightful- vendetta, a different one than reputation. You know, this is a space for discussion so starting with this disrespect, and then going off about something completely different... give it a thought.

Or not. This childish aggressiveness just further proves my point so thank you for that, and for making us point your way to this forum's exit door :vegas:

27monster27
2 hours ago, voltron92 said:

"In 2016, she was also topped in the magazine list of 100 highest-paid celebrities with over $190 million net worth.  Prior in 2015, she was the youngest woman to be included on the Forbes list of 100 most powerful women."

This isn't an adequate argument. Money doesn't buy happiness. Also, we have to stop putting down rich people who support progressive policies at any time just because they have power. This weakens progressive movements because it fragments people based on their beliefs.

he/him/his

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, SOON said:

over 9+ years of hatred and people still blaming her for being a victim. I dont have any words for y'all

Blaming her for being the victim? Nearly all the blame-like comments here are about her saying she was cancelled when we all know she was never close to be.

It's a trendy narrative now with all the cancel culture backlash so she inserts herself in it but she knows she wasn't cancelled so ofc folks will bounce on it. From her or anyone.

56 minutes ago, NicoB said:

I think people do a lot against her

not enough tho..
i hope that woman goes down in ostracism and drag her fans along with her

voltron92
22 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

This isn't an adequate argument. Money doesn't buy happiness. Also, we have to stop putting down rich people who support progressive policies at any time just because they have power. This weakens progressive movements because it fragments people based on their beliefs.

I never said a word about her being happy or not. I put it there because someone said her career was almost 'over' during 2015/2016 period which makes zero sense. How can someone's career be almost over while being the top paying artist?

Don't get me wrong - just because I am a fan of Gaga doesn't mean that I don't roll my eye every time I see her being extra and out of touch. Taylor is no different.

Bolkins

It was overexposure, people got irritated by her but she wasn’t ever close to being cancelled 

HIM820
2 hours ago, COOOK said:

Gaga has the recognition and praise for her artistry way outside the fandoms... we all feel proud of her in a genuine way. Taylor fans keep a defensive, F you attitude and this makes for a perfect ego boost to both the artist and the fans.. they feed each other like this and that clip of Taylor's graduation shows. :shrug:

Oh come on, this is getting a bit biased. There’s nothing inherently wrong for their reaction to her success. There were obviously people who tried to derail her career, like I’m sure there were people who tried to do the same with Gaga’s. There are tons of people who champion Taylor’s artistry and songwriting outside of her own fandom, just like Gaga’s. Like I said before, that’s why they’re so successful. But to say that Gaga fans haven’t championed her for overcoming her haters is so funny to me. That’s literally a foundation to tons of fanbases and I see it on here constantly. But that’s not genuine? Um…

NichuuB
39 minutes ago, Luk said:

not enough tho..
i hope that woman goes down in ostracism and drag her fans along with her

unfortunately her fans are lunatically obsessed with her

Property of @Whale

• Admin locked this topic

Archived