Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision 2022 winner is...

COOOK

Featured Posts

Teletubby
10 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Me Murica brian not get what euro'pees do :samanthac:

you had American Song Contest based on the Eurovision Song Contest, hosted by Snoop Dogg and Kelly Clarkson:samanthac:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Debithius
6 minutes ago, COOOK said:

Wars are not "a thing", let's start with that...

Are you sure? Because it's "a thing" that happens everywhere, all the time, let's end it with that.

That's not to takeaway the horrible things Russia is doing but the fact that anyone who say this wasn't majority sympathy votes are lying to themselves.

TimotheeChalamet

We knew it right from the start, but it's totally fine: Eurovision was created to promote cooperation and support between European countries, so it's a powerful message. 

Also, very unpopular opinion given the votes but Spain to me was shockingly bad and generic summer music that deserved bottom 3

retrosexual123

Both Spain and the UK were robbed by Ukraine’s sympathy votes… 

Phantomhive

Ukraine's song was a sure qualifier and it most likely would've done well but let's not act like it wasn't the sympathy votes that pushed it to the top.

8 minutes ago, TimotheeChalamet said:

Also, very unpopular opinion given the votes but Spain to me was shockingly bad and generic summer music that deserved bottom 3

The performance heavily carries the song. If it's going to be purely about quality then Italy had no business winning over France last year.

In I fly on wings of winter.

PartySick
10 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

you had American Song Contest based on the Eurovision Song Contest, hosted by Snoop Dogg and Kelly Clarkson:samanthac:

Is that what American Idol is? :samanthac:

I thought Katy Perry hosted that :samanthac:

đź–¤

KORG

Uk's phoenix rising moment after last year was beautiful.

But eurovision is always making political statements and the Ukraine entry was at least good. Creative.

I'm a big fan of Sheldon Riley who was there for Australia and thought he deserved alot better for vocal alone.

mamo

I wanted Spain to win but I'm happy that Ukraine won! :vegas:

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

KORG
15 minutes ago, AYURO said:

Honestly, if it wasn't for the war and the other countries could have shared some of those insane 400 points Ukraine got, Spain could have won, they got more popular vote than the UK

Um.. what? UK came 2nd. Or are you saying if it wasn't for Ukraine war related votes all those votes would go to Spain? :laughga:

Juanlittlem
1 minute ago, KORG said:

Um.. what? UK came 2nd. Or are you saying if it wasn't for Ukraine war related votes all those votes would go to Spain? :laughga:

UK got 180 points and Spain got 220 so if you give some of those 400 points to UK and Spain probably Spain would've been more benefited and they came 3rd by 7 points.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Corona

I still think they should've made Ukraine participate this year without actually competing, but that idea has its problems, so I don't actually mind them winning.

However, there are some problems with this. I feel very sorry for other contestants as they basically had zero chance of winning. But most importantly, I think some of the Ukraine support has gotten out of hand.

Russia initially launched their damn war citing "nationalism" being prevalent in Ukraine. While it is in fact the truth, they obviously made the problem Ukraine had seem a thousand times bigger than it really was and had absolutely NO right to launch a "special operation" and commit all these horrible atrocities. 

But during today's vote, a presenter from Poland announced Ukraine's 12 points by saying Slava Ukraini while doing a literal nazi salutation gesture. 

I want to make clear that I do not support Russia's actions and I'm not mad that Ukraine won the contest, but supporting Ukraine can be done without actually worsening their "nazi problem", under no circumstances will it ever be appropriate to use such gestures and I am surprised that almost no one is talking about this.

Congratulations to all contestants for putting on a great show and congratulations to Ukraine for their victory, but this little moment darkened everything to me as it shows a very real and a very scary problem. We can be better.

Mocchi
2 minutes ago, KORG said:

The final difference between UK and Spain was only 7 points and Spain got more popular ones. Do the math :billie:

Debithius
12 minutes ago, Phantomhive said:

The performance heavily carries the song. If it's going to be purely about quality then Italy had no business winning over France last year.

Those are two different genres so you can't say the quality of Italy's entry last year didn't hold up to France's entry, you can't compare them.

DelusionalGaga

Who cares if it's only sympathy votes. Ukraine is being destroyed by a war with so many people dying and fleeing. Just let them have this nice moment. 

Juanlittlem
Just now, DelusionalGaga said:

Who cares if it's only sympathy votes. Ukraine is being destroyed by a war with so many people dying and fleeing. Just let them have this nice moment. 

I doubt Ukraine/Ukrainians are celebrating their victory right now. Being in a war Im sure they'll care more about being safe than watching a song contest. But yeah, congrats to them.

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Archived