MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Mass Shooting at Buffalo Market

Featured Posts

Daenerys
Posted (edited)

"A gunman sporting a rifle and body armor opened fire in a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, killing at least 10 people before being taken into custody Saturday afternoon, law enforcement officials told The Associated Press.

Details on the number of additional people shot at the Tops Friendly Market and their conditions weren’t immediately available. The two officials were not permitted to speak publicly on the matter and did so on the condition of anonymity.

Investigators believe the man may have been livestreaming the shooting and were looking into whether he had posted a manifesto online, the official said. The official cautioned the investigation was in its preliminary stages and that authorities hadn’t yet discerned a clear motive, but were investigating whether the shooting was racially motivated."

https://apnews.com/article/buffalo-supermarket-shooting-442c6d97a073f39f99d006dbba40f64b?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

Edited by Daenerys
Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 20
Reginald

The fact that grocery store mass murder is becoming commonplace and as normalized as school shootings (which in itself is absolutely horrifying). Can't even buy groceries in America without worrying about being killed in cold blood. 

• Like 5
PartySick

@NATAH see? :bear:

I read the title and remained unphased. This truly is a sickness in the US and it's gotten so normalized we don't even flinch :smh:

And all at once, you're all I want 💚
  • Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Sad 4
Daenerys
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I read the title and remained unphased. This truly is a sickness in the US and it's gotten so normalized we don't even flinch :smh:

Truly sad. I posted it and thought nothing other than, “another event in America that will eventually die out after two days.” 

As terrible as that sounds, it’s crazy how this has become a norm for most of us here in the US 

Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Lona Delery

guess im gonna take out life insurance for my upcoming US trip :neyde: sick and twisted whats happening smh

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
KillerMonster

Why am I not surprised? This is the norm in America. :saladga:

RIP to the poor innocent people.

Don’t play with me, it just hurts me.
NATAH
27 minutes ago, PartySick said:

seeing my own shooting, britney losing her baby and now a mass shooting :cyanlights:

the doom thoughts are startin to set in :cyanlights:

mother, what must i do?
  • Sad 2
CommonWhiteGirl

But we need to regulate women's bodies... 

• Like 6
Brainiac
Posted (edited)

Law enforcement is now describing it as a racially motivated hate crime.

Edited by Brainiac
  • Sad 3
Fresco
1 hour ago, KillerMonster said:

Why am I not surprised? This is the norm in America. :saladga:

RIP to the poor innocent people.

Though I agree mass shootings are too common in America, they are far from the norm.  The vast majority of Americans go to the grocery store without any concern about any kind of violence, no assualt, no shootings. America is large and these kinds of events tend to take over the news cycle.  

Though I don't doubt what PartySick describes in Florida, it's not like that anywhere that I have lived. I do stick to suburban areas tho instead of inner cities of large cities.  

Daenerys
Posted (edited)

May as well put this here. 

there’s an active shooting happening at Grand Central Market in Los Angeles right now. 

Edited by Daenerys
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 2
PartySick
11 minutes ago, Fresco said:

Though I agree mass shootings are too common in America, they are far from the norm.  The vast majority of Americans go to the grocery store without any concern about any kind of violence, no assualt, no shootings. America is large and these kinds of events tend to take over the news cycle.  

Though I don't doubt what PartySick describes in Florida, it's not like that anywhere that I have lived. I do stick to suburban areas tho instead of inner cities of large cities.  

Maybe not mass shootings like this one but gun crimes are definitely a daily thing and so extremely common that it gets a "just another day" attitude from a lot of Americans :bradley:

And all at once, you're all I want 💚
  • Like 1
Daenerys

I’m not going to post it but the manifesto is disturbing and disgusting. 

He wrote his entire plan for the day including shooting people on the street. 

May he spend the rest of his days suffering and when his time comes, he rots in hell. 

• Shook 1
  • Thanks 1
Fresco
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Maybe not mass shootings like this one but gun crimes are definitely a daily thing and so extremely common that it gets a "just another day" attitude from a lot of Americans :bradley:

There are differences in neighborhoods. Some have neighborhood watch, everyone has multiple cameras and if something gets stolen, the police get video and witness testimony from multiple sources. Other neighborhoods, nobody sees anything and the residents let the gangs run things and don't expect the police to do anything, and nobody rats to the police. Some neighborhoods, criminals are rats to be rid of, jailed (again and again if needed). Some neighborhoods, rats are the innocent citizens that report crimes. Gun crimes aren't universal, imo. Be safe though, you gotta know your neighborhood.

iku iku iku

A person losing their life to senseless gun violence is one too many. Wtf is going on with this world. 

• Thanks 1