society

Macron suggested Ukraine give up some of its sovereignty

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

According to Zelensky, Macron’s attempts to find an “off-ramp” for Russia are futile. Until Russia realizes it needs an out, it won’t be looking for reasonable ways to end the war.

“Maybe, Emmanuel (Macron) knows more (than I do); I know he wanted to achieve something by mediating between us (Ukraine and Russia), but he failed; failed not because of our position, but Russia’s,” said Zelensky.

“It’s inappropriate for world leaders to suggest I should make certain sacrifices in terms of Ukraine’s sovereignty, in order to allow Putin to save face.”

The president added that Ukraine “isn’t prepared to save someone’s something by ceding territory.”

“I think it’s completely unjustified; it’s a waste of time,” Zelensky said.

source

Reveals when?? Results when?? Do we have all submissions?? Do we have all votes?? Am I winning??
  • Shook 5
  • Sad 5
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benji

• Gov Hooka

• Guillaume Hamon

• LoliLux

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We discuss general news all the time here??? Not like our discussions on here are gonna impact anything positively or negatively  

Wowie, he is garbage.. this ain’t new. I’m not shocked he would suggest something so stupid.    All he wanted was to be the guy who managed to negotiate the end of the way for his own ego. He d

Sure. Lets bring this discussion to GGD which isn‘t known for being highly messy at all… what should go wrong? 

Wowie, he is garbage.. this ain’t new. I’m not shocked he would suggest something so stupid. 

All he wanted was to be the guy who managed to negotiate the end of the way for his own ego. He doesn’t care about the people at all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
AnnaNicoleSmith
2 minutes ago, Nathan said:

All he wanted was to be the guy who managed to negotiate the end of the way for his own ego. He doesn’t care about the people at all.

This. Felt it from the start. He wants to be seen as the guy in history who stopped a conflict. Pure ego and narcissism

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, gypsy Hero said:

Sure. Lets bring this discussion to GGD which isn‘t known for being highly messy at all… what should go wrong? 

We discuss general news all the time here???

Not like our discussions on here are gonna impact anything positively or negatively  :ladyhaha:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 5
Regina George
1 hour ago, gypsy Hero said:

Sorry but.. what? Are we not allowed to discuss this? Especially us that live in Europe and we have people from Ukraine too.. Give me a break

• Like 4
AnnaNicoleSmith
18 minutes ago, insight said:

I'm sure Putin's FSB has dirt on Macron and the poor french fellow is struggling.

like he's gay? that rumor has been debunked long time ago but who knows if macron sees it as something to be ashamed of and hide

Edited by AnnaNicoleSmith
voltron92
48 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

We discuss general news all the time here???

Not like our discussions on here are gonna impact anything positively or negatively  :ladyhaha:

ARTPOP act 2 petition got thousands of signatures :interestinga:

nicki minaj miley whats good GIF

Edited by voltron92
  • LMAO 4
2 hours ago, Regina George said:

Sorry but.. what? Are we not allowed to discuss this? Especially us that live in Europe and we have people from Ukraine too.. Give me a break

The other day a discussion really got out of hand imo and i‘m a little worried people take these kind of topics as a platform to promote their more or less narrowed points of views, hurting those who actually would need the help. 
I live in Berlin, i pass Hauptbahnhof 5 days a week, my sister is a teacher and my University gets more and more Ukraines. I‘m well aware whats happening and I‘m also for discussing the topic BUT ggd has a tendency to get messy (we all know it) and I‘m not sure its the right place to discuss, thats all. 
I‘m sorry if it came across any other way than what i had intended. It didn‘t came from a point of silencing more of a place of concern. 

• Like 2
Not The Real Gaga

I mean, I don't think Macron's suggestion is that weird. I've seen multiple commentators saying the same thing.

This war has been a failure for Putin, given his original plans, but he has still done so much damage and hurt so many families. 

If he is able to sell this 'war' as a win in Russia by getting control over some territory (probably refering to the parts that are already Russian-minded), he might be willing to stop fighting.

He wants to win. 

You don't want him to go even further by increasing the Russian force or even worse.

So, I get where Macron is coming from. I think it makes sense.

But I also understand and respect Zelensky's perspective after seeing the horrors that have been done by Russia to his country and people. 

Edited by Not The Real Gaga
  • Like 8