💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna/GaGa 2012 rivalry declared a "miss"

Silver Keith

Featured Posts

Redstreak

I was reading the other hit/misses and Taylor's was a hit. But of course the media had to squeeze this in at the bottom of her paragraph about album sales.

the best debut in a decade, her second consecutive album to hit platinum in its first week, and noteworthy for both massive digital sales and avoidance of deep discounting to drive units.

The hypocrisy. Let's completely forget that she gave away a free cd with pizza.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LavenderLamborghin

Gaga knows when to stay quiet. She handled it well, while Madonna just looked stupid.

This. :coffee:

I don't even consider it much of a rivalry since it was just Madonna taking cheap shots at Gaga while Gaga ignored it (with the exception of one vague speech at the BTWB).

giskardsb

I think Madonna was trying hard to show everyone who the "Queen" is.

she could have started by releasing a decent album.

A feud is "a bitter, often prolonged quarrel or state of enmity, especially such a state of hostilities between two families or clans".

I don't even consider it a feud, because the hated/anger/jealous/whatever that Madonna has shown isn't requited. Gaga has never returned the hostility by belittling Madonna's music, talent or credibility. It's just an ongoing, immature and boring tirade from Madonna.

I've adored Madonna longer than I have Gaga but it was hard to watch.

dfghuer5

Gaga knows when to stay quiet. She handled it well, while Madonna just looked stupid.

She has learnt to never start a **** storm :3

PopBitch

Except for the beginning when she had a right to comment when asked and I found the sample of Born This Way cute in the tour, the rest of the comments that came later just come off looking like she is threatened by Gaga and being meanspirited, which is very surprising. It was beneath Madonna and got old.

I still think it was made on purpose. They both needed publicity. Madge for new album after 4 year break, Gaga for herself.

And I still don't get that quarrel, I mean, Hung Up sampled music from ABBA's Gimme Gimme Gimme and it's not considered a copy, but BTW is considered a copy, despite having totally different lyrics and similar meaning. Why can't we just say BTW sampled EY?

Hot Space

It terms of what media would've wanted from it, it was a miss. The media would've wanted a claws out b---h fight between the two filled with scandal , shade and outrageous insults. What they got was Madonna continually talking about Gaga and no response from Gaga. Not the explosive shoking fight they wanted.

Exactly. :smh:

Archived