Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna/GaGa 2012 rivalry declared a "miss"

Silver Keith

Featured Posts

Silver Keith

2w20zo2.jpg

Madonnavs. Lady Gaga

Miss: Lady Gaga's musical debt to Madonna was never doubted, least of all by Gaga herself, and the two dance pop divas made light of any rivalry with their "SNL" catfights. But as the Material Girl resumed courting fans and headlines for her 2012 "MDNA" album and tour, she took digs at the "Fame Monster" songstress, mocking "Born This Way" as a retread of her 1989 hit "Express Yourself" with an onstage mashup and offstage interview snippets dismissing Gaga's hit as "reductive." Gaga lashed back with her own onstage diatribe, telling fans, "I don't want to be your f---ing queen; I want to be your friend." Score: 0-0.

http://music.msn.com/music/year-in-review/hits-and-misses/?ocid=ent_hotspots&photoidx=29

Madonna's part was possibly a miss, but GaGa stayed classy :nails: (Although, this comes from the same people who called Lana Del Rey a miss as well)

Discuss.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More than a miss, a mess :wtf:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Flippy

More than a miss, a mess :wtf:

:tea:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

ryhanna

That quote from Gaga was about Madonna? I thought she was explaining why she didn't want to sing The Queen. :sweat:

It was a weird "rivalry". Most of the fights took place between the fan bases.

And most of the offenses came from Madonna while Gaga just stood there looking cute :lmao:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

And most of the offenses came from Madonna while Gaga just stood there looking cute :lmao:

Gaga knows when to stay quiet. She handled it well, while Madonna just looked stupid.

Elizabeth

It terms of what media would've wanted from it, it was a miss. The media would've wanted a claws out b---h fight between the two filled with scandal , shade and outrageous insults. What they got was Madonna continually talking about Gaga and no response from Gaga. Not the explosive shoking fight they wanted.

Gaga handled it so beautifully. She's so mature and confident. I love that she didn't really respond to Madonna.

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

It terms of what media would've wanted from it, it was a miss. The media would've wanted a claws out b---h fight between the two filled with scandal , shade and outrageous insults. What they got was Madonna continually talking about Gaga and no response from Gaga. Not the explosive shoking fight they wanted.

Exactly this!

Pure Adrenaline

That quote from Gaga was about Madonna? I thought she was explaining why she didn't want to sing The Queen. :sweat:

me tooo

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Archived