💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Kim Right or Wrong for wearing Marilyn's dress?

Dojo

Was Kim right or wrong?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Was Kim right or wrong for wearing Marilyn's dress?

• Right (Her intentions were good)
    • Wrong / In poor taste.

Featured Posts

Nathaniel Arven

at first i was thinking the same but then 

i thought 

maybe we are doing her what educated people did to Marilyn. trashing her for her shalowwness.

We all are shallow to hide that we are hurt deep sometimes. 

Maybe we can't understand her. 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

For a demented moment, when I read the thread title,  I thought this was about Kim Jong Un wearing Marilyn Monroe's dress:flop:

This.

not to mention the Netflix Blonde movie will have scenes that never happened in real life but that people will believe was factual. It also will disrespect Marilyn’s miscarriages. Such a bad year for Marilyn fans

SEANGT

Nothing should shock me anymore but I truly can't believe anyone gives a **** about this

Pablo

I voted wrong and I think mainly it's wrong because she didn't fit in it. Why risk ruining the dress for a few minute show off when you had a duplicate made? Plus it didn't even fit the theme.

But it's really not that big of a deal when it comes down to it. I'm more annoyed that people use money to do things like this with historically significant pieces.

Don't visit my profile

Enigma

The intention was kinda cool, it’s true that she’s pretty much the current equivalent (although much less iconic). I preferred her look from last year which was a way bigger statement tho (how her silhouette alone is iconic enough to be recognized, and how it’s literally a huge part of American imagery now). But at the end of the day I’ll give her credit for thinking this through, not many celebs seem to put that much thought into it. Every one of her MET looks is iconic either for the look itself, the message or the controversy. I’m also glad she didn’t do Marilyn hair because it would have been cosplay. The message is stronger with her own hair.

That being said my only problem with it is that it’s such a tight dress, it probably got damaged in the process, which is really insulting. If it was any other kind of dress I would have been fine with it but that one seems impossible to get into without ruining it at least a little.

ThisGuyTony

Kris, or Kim, or whoever keeps paying the media to run story after story after story of the Marilyn dress. Please stop. Enough. We don’t give a’f. :saladga:

Dojo
4 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Kris, or Kim, or whoever keeps paying the media to run story after story after story of the Marilyn dress. Please stop. Enough. We don’t give a’f. :saladga:

but for gewd or bad people DO give a f. 

check any tiktok, ig post, tweet or yt video and people will be fighting in the comments.

FREEPALESTINE

why would she be right or wrong

if she feels like it and wants to live her vida loca

let her

what s your deal here lol omg, right or wrong, cant believe

Obobo

It's literally just a dress lmao. people are weird - worshipping some celebrity that will be soon forgotten, acting like she cured cancer or some ****.... let her wear the dress, its a damn dress. If you love Marilyn remember her name, her talent, her impact, not a damn dress.

NCgaga

I don’t have an issue with it. The dress was not going to see another purpose. The only problem is wearing it may cause more damage. 

I do wish that our celebrity culture involved more creativity. Kim could easily create her own iconic looks, instead of using others to gain attention. The constant recreation of movies, songs, and now fashion is showing that we as a society are in a creative lull. 

Dojo
1 hour ago, Obobo said:

It's literally just a dress lmao. people are weird - worshipping some celebrity that will be soon forgotten, acting like she cured cancer or some ****...

the disrespect to Marilyn :triggered: 

if some people can't voice their opinion in a respectful way they should skip the thread.

Red

I-

It's just a dress 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived