Albums Aged Horribly

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult
48 minutes ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Joanne haters getting brave recently( ̄ヘ ̄;) Out of all albums though, why pick Joanne as something that aged horribly 

OT maybe Bionic? 

War flashbacks to crunchy fried hair, a million Million Reasons performances, and her grandma not f*cking with the concept.

A Very Gaga Holida
4 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

War flashbacks to crunchy fried hair, a million Million Reasons performances, and her grandma not f*cking with the concept.

MR doesn't deserve its reputation though. Literally all of her singles minus Telephone, Alejandro, G.U.Y. and Perfect Illusion were performed more times than Million Reasons (excluding Gaga shows). But then the fall was free :sweat:

PartySick
23 hours ago, LateToCult said:

Joanne

4-A295938-DCF2-4-E1-E-89-A2-4-DDE742174-

200.gif

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

PartySick
3 hours ago, ***** said:

like imagine a Chromatica remix of Just Dance or something :cryga:

I think I'd rather her skip it :bear:

Imagine wanting to scrap RedOne's immaculate production in favor of Bloodpop's generic work :bradley:

No hate :gum:

Well :gum:

A little hate :gum:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

LateToCult
16 minutes ago, PartySick said:

200.gif

Joanne and ARTPOP duking it out at the bottom of every “Gaga Albums Ranked” thread:

04B0F069-1456-4659-8497-29322DAB922F.gif

whore
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

I think I'd rather her skip it :bear:

Imagine wanting to scrap RedOne's immaculate production in favor of Bloodpop's generic work :bradley:

No hate :gum:

Well :gum:

A little hate :gum:

My point is more for the fact that I’m tired of hearing the same mix of a song for the past fifteen years when other artists like Kylie Minogue, Britney Spears, and Madonna will change the mix of old hits according to whatever album they are touring. I think now more than ever, it would be incredibly easy for Gaga to revamp her hits to fit Chromatica’s sound and make a more consistent show. 

NATAH
6 hours ago, Ployd said:

I'm Barb

a very brave thing to admit, our thoughts are with you

mother, what must i do?

salty like sodium
On 4/22/2022 at 9:09 PM, zerojk said:

Bionic by Xtina… :triggered:

you take that back! pop classic. way ahead of its time!

On 4/22/2022 at 9:07 PM, Anveeroy said:

91AoVHpxBFL._SL1500_.jpg

i agree, sadly most of queen's album before i am (or perhaps even 4) did not age that well ... and yes, that includes the dc albums too. i'd say rih has the same issue.

On 4/22/2022 at 9:14 PM, Lukasson said:

This album cover is hilarious. Seems like Ariana doesn’t know how gravity works.

tbh this album didn't age badly: it was already bad when it came out imo. there are a few great songs sprinkled in but the sonical consistency is not great. i'd say sweetener and this one are in her worst albums, with dangerous woman and thank u, next being at the top.

StrawberryBlond

Understand that I like some of these artists and albums, this is merely an observation and not meant to be a bash:

Christina Aguilera - Self-titled, Bionic, Lotus

Ariana Grande - Yours Truly, Sweetener, Thank U Next

The Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D, The Beginning

Lady Gaga - The Fame (obviously, I'm a fan and she did pioneer this sound but the production is dated)

Rihanna's early work

Beyonce's early work

Most of Britney's albums

Every album from will.i.am

Every album from Mariah Carey (I know, this is going to get me hate)

Everything from 90's and 00's girl and boy bands

Ziggy
On 4/23/2022 at 8:03 PM, salty like sodium said:

you take that back! pop classic. way ahead of its time!

i agree, sadly most of queen's album before i am (or perhaps even 4) did not age that well ... and yes, that includes the dc albums too. i'd say rih has the same issue.

tbh this album didn't age badly: it was already bad when it came out imo. there are a few great songs sprinkled in but the sonical consistency is not great. i'd say sweetener and this one are in her worst albums, with dangerous woman and thank u, next being at the top.

What works for Bey, though, is she *constantly* revamps the music for live shows. Get Me Bodied at Beychella? Amazing. I actually like it more than the original tbh the transposing slaps

salty like sodium
On 4/25/2022 at 3:18 AM, Ziggy said:

What works for Bey, though, is she *constantly* revamps the music for live shows. Get Me Bodied at Beychella? Amazing. I actually like it more than the original tbh the transposing slaps

100%. she has the ability to make her work evolve with her. i need a new album badly :(

djBuffoon
On 4/22/2022 at 4:24 PM, androiduser said:

I really dislike topics like this on GagaDaily because they just turn into an excuse to irrationally bash work of other pop divas.... funny how people only list female pop stars, like no other work aged badly. Meanwhile, Gaga's work is immune to any negativity.

Two Gaga albums were (wrongly) thrown under the bus by the time you posted this. :fatcat::ohno:

juicyjuicy
On 4/22/2022 at 11:26 PM, Simon said:

i-rihanna-rated-r-polska-cd.jpg

Russian Roulette is the ultimate anthem and a bop but the rest of the album is just meh

omg noooo. this is literally my fave Rihanna album. it's so cohesive, well produced and the overall theme was well executed throughout, i thought. 

Rude Boy is a bop, surely???

Archived