movie

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets Of Dumbledore

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Fantastic-Beasts-Secrets-of-Dumbledore-p

A thread for discussing the said movie that will release this week. 

Please put spoiler tag if it is spoiler discussion :flower:

I saw it, and it is good. I am surprised how good it is. So much more magic, so much more story/plot in one movie than it ever does in last two. There's even sad moments. I am pleased and entertained. Everything else is spoiler discussion (which I will add after the jump)

The new Grindelwald is..., different and stoic. IDK what to feel about the new him yet. :bradley:

And the best thing is, I didn't pay any cents for this :giggle: 

No after credits on this one. 

Spoiler

Warning: Spoiler facts are posted after this. Turn back now or live with it forever!

Spoiler

1. The "Dumbledore" in this refers to the family name than Albus himself.

2. Credence is indeed a Dumbledore, BUT, he is NOT the lost sibling, he is the lost son of Aberforth.

3. No Tina Goldstein on most of this movie until the very end. 

4. Queenie were rescued, and married to Jacob at the end

5. The movie got some new magical creatures such as Qilin, which is the main plot drive for this movie.

6. No Nagini shown in this movie.

7. There is another  "always" scenes in here which is also kinda sad. At least for me. :nooo:

8. I am in love with the new characters, Lally & Bunty

9. No big showdown yet, Grindelwald is ofc managed to escape in this one

10. The gay stuffs are actually romantic in sad/tragic kinda way. It is tasteful imho

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚍 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚙𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛... (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Head Empty

I saw it last week, solely because my BF wanted to see it. For me, these movies try to cram in too many big set pieces en sideplots, and spend too little time on earning meaningful character beats. This one shared that same flaw, BUT it did have more good moments than the previous one.

I also highly prefer Mads Mikkelsen over Johnny Depp - especially design-wise. Johnny's version of Grindelwald looked way too unhinged, which doesn't make sense for his character. Mikkelsen's more suave, subtle approach makes the character a lot more believable.

Spoiler

My favorite part of the movie is that they don't beat around the bush in terms of Dumbledore being gay. It was a long time coming. And at the same time, they didn't overdo it. The relationship is grounded and real. I only hope that they expand on Grindelwald's side of their romance, as it did feel a little one-sided.

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺

The movie was actually really good, and I hope that people will give it a chance! The delay and help from Steve Kloves on the screenwriting really raised the quality imo, even though I also enjoyed the first two FB movies. 

I must say that I was really pleasently surprised and touched that a character of this magnitude in such a franchise was portrayed in a beautiful but very direct way!

the story was entertaining, there were many moving and heartbreaking parts, but I also laughed quite a few times, as well as the whole theatre from my screening! It was just fun and thrilling, yet still emotional. The beasts were weaved into the story very clevverly and they were really interesting.

Furthermore I must applaud the cast for some tremendous performances + the characters were lovely, I agree with the OP that Lally and Bunty are awesome! Mads as Grindelwald is quite a change, but he was convincing. Some will prefer Depp, some will prefer Mikkelsen. I think both were a good Grindelwald in their own way, yet Mads seems more believable and real, which makes him more dangerous imo.

I think with this movie the excitement for the rest of the story will be back again!

EGOT2027
11 minutes ago, Why am I on GGD said:

I saw it last week, solely because my BF wanted to see it. For me, these movies try to cram in too many big set pieces en sideplots, and spend too little time on earning meaningful character beats. This one shared that same flaw, BUT it did have more good moments than the previous one.

I also highly prefer Mads Mikkelsen over Johnny Depp - especially design-wise. Johnny's version of Grindelwald looked way too unhinged, which doesn't make sense for his character. Mikkelsen's more suave, subtle approach makes the character a lot more believable.

Reveal hidden contents

My favorite part of the movie is that they don't beat around the bush in terms of Dumbledore being gay. It was a long time coming. And at the same time, they didn't overdo it. The relationship is grounded and real. I only hope that they expand on Grindelwald's side of their romance, as it did feel a little one-sided.

8 minutes ago, Teus said:

The movie was actually really good, and I hope that people will give it a chance! The delay and help from Steve Kloves on the screenwriting really raised the quality imo, even though I also enjoyed the first two FB movies. 

I must say that I was really pleasently surprised and touched that a character of this magnificance in such a franchise was portrayed in a beautiful but very direct way!

the story was entertaining, there were many moving and heartbreaking parts, but I also laughed quite a few times, as well as the whole theatre from my screening! It was just fun and thrilling, yet still emotional. The beasts were weaved into the story very clevverly and they were really interesting.

Furthermore I must applaud the cast for some tremendous performances + the characters were lovely, I agree with the OP that Lally and Bunty are awesome! Mads as Grindelwald is quite a change, but he was convincing. Some will prefer Depp, some will prefer Mikkelsen. I think both were a good Grindelwald in their own way, yet Mads seems more believable and real, which makes him more dangerous imo.

I think with this movie the excitement for the rest of the story will be back again!

wait how are y’all already it? i thought it didn’t come out until tomorrow? anything is better than the second one!! that one made me genuinely upset how much of a letdown it was lol

HelloBarbara

Want to see this but I ain’t giving JKKK a penny. I’ll torrent it when I get the chance.

Hiiieee

CyanDante

Definitely better than Crimes of Grindelwald.

Always. :bradley::bradley::bradley:

I was whelmed by the movie. Definitely expected more secrets to be unravelled. Plus most of the secrets were already kinda what was expected.

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ

Juanlittlem
10 minutes ago, JoanneStan420 said:

wait how are y’all already it? i thought it didn’t come out until tomorrow? anything is better than the second one!! that one made me genuinely upset how much of a letdown it was lol

It came out on April 8th here at least.

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

Juanlittlem

I went to see it on premiere day and I really liked it better than the second one. It still lacked something and I don't know what it is.

That ending was... weird? And we could all see what was coming with the plot twist they tried to do in that last important scene. 

Imo it lacked a little bit of action and a better storytelling. We missed Nagini (I dont think she's coming back) Tina (who was like a main character on the first one but was pushed back on the 2nd and now she's forgotten). 

Also Credence's story was... kinda sh*tty. 

Dejare de quererte cuando un pintor sordo pinte el sonido de un pétalo al caer en el suelo de cristal de un castillo que no existe.

Mister Gaga

I have tickets for tomorrow :bradley: can't wait :bradley: despite i liked Crimes of Grindelwald, i agree it needed some screenplay polish. But based on what i read, SoD fixed those things, so i'm really excited

SwissMonster

Its the best of the three movies BY FAR for me. Its also the first movie I‘ve got Harry Potter feelings again and the battels were great!

Spoiler

Without revealing too much, I like that they didn‘t serve a gay storyline just for the sake of it but you actually need it for the story to work naturally. Can‘t believe we‘ve got main LGBT characters in a main franchise. You can still go more upfront with it but its great already.

Everything made perfect sense and it actually cleared some confusion of the previous films. 
I also like the much darker tone of the movie in general. 
Mads also is the better Grindelwald for me. Johnny was great but I buy Mads version more.
Also finally the Beasts in the movie had all a real sense without them being in it for the cutness and the fun.

I never would‘ve thought the franchise could put a actual good movie out. Its definitly the best out of the three!

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

DelusionalGaga

Me buying tickets even through I hated the 2nd movie, just because I want to know what his secrets were

christina-aguilera-say-what.gif

bionic

I hear the movie is absolute trash so I haven't seen it. I read the Wikipedia plot summary on the understanding that I wasn't going to go. the Wikipedia plot summary does NOT make it look good. But you girlies are making me think hmmm.... would a GGD user have bad taste?

buy bionic

Not The Real Gaga
28 minutes ago, bionic said:

I hear the movie is absolute trash so I haven't seen it. I read the Wikipedia plot summary on the understanding that I wasn't going to go. the Wikipedia plot summary does NOT make it look good. But you girlies are making me think hmmm.... would a GGD user have bad taste?

I think the consensus is that it's a step up from the second movie.

But that bar wasn't very high.

TheOriginalOne
31 minutes ago, bionic said:

.... would a GGD user have bad taste?

duh-yeah.gif

See the My 5 husbands thread for evidence

gabeoz

Was the 2nd movie that bad y’all? :messga: I went to the theater to see it but never got the chance because I almost got arrested in the lobby while walking to the theater and had to leave

Archived