💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Fame Monster Album Discussion

Sam

Featured Posts

Miel

What does inebriation mean?

I think she stated about it being the fear of d--gs & alcohol. Kind of about going to that "happy" place you go when you're under the influence. I also take it as going to alcohol or d--gs to escape reality and doing so gives you a false sense of "happiness". Also, maybe that dangerous place you go where you're kind of close to death when you're under d--gs or alcohol maybe? But feeling it in a good way because you're under the influence? I only think of it that way when I'm trying to decipher the "so happy I could die" part.

I'm not sure how it fits into the song, but I love the "touch myself" section of the lyrics. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be about masturbation but I think it is. It's kind of delving into self-love and succumbing to s-xual desires. Maybe when you don't want to?

Also, I think the second verse, when she talks about "touch myself" she's talking about vanity. She talks about glossing her eyes and doing her hair. Maybe being over-obsessive or vain or insecure.

I think the things in the verses might be what brings her to the "happy place" while under the influence of d--gs.

Idk, I really like to try and decipher the song. It's just so beautiful to me. One of her best. And actually kind of one of her saddest too, tbh.

It's a very beautiful song, I agree! One of her most melancholy, imo. It's so strange, TFM as a whole is really dark and broodish and overall grim, but SHICD is just very catatonic in its sadness. Like, the kind of sad song that's neither extremely sad nor brooding, but more contemplative and accepting of its situation.

On the 'touch yourself' lyrics, I've always been a bit clocked about those. On the surface, I thought it was just a very bold s-xual statement. But then, after deciphering it like you, I always felt of them as a sort of metaphor for her accepting the 'happy place' you described that is reached in a drunken, inebriated state. Like, I've always seen it as a self-aware lyric; the act of touching yourself is voluntary, as is entering the 'happy place', even when she knows she shouldn't. It's an unhealthy escape.

Inebriated = drunk, intoxicated :)

3 points in and ready for more

CroatiaGeisha

I would love to hear her do more sad and mellow songs like this and Bloody Mary. Her voice sounds really cool and smooth on them.

heavymlover

This song has something magical in it. I just love it.

And I love how everyone discuss of it being about addictions and others say it's obviously about lonely nights at her bed :toofunny:

i read somewhere that a person thought gaga was singing about lady starlight....?

Hey, can someone help me? I always wondered about which songs exactly she was talking about in this interview:

I've encountered several monsters, each represented by a different song on the new record: my 'Fear of Sex Monster,' my 'Fear of Alcohol Monster,' my 'Fear of Love Monster,' my 'Fear of Death Monster,' my 'Fear of Loneliness Monster,' etc."

Like what is the song about the Alcohol Monster, which is the one about the Love Monster, etc? I assume Speechless is the one about death.

Rollercoaster

Speechless is about Alchoholism and Death.

"I can't believe how you slurred at me, with your James Dean glossy eyes/Johnnie Walker eyes"

"Some men, they follow me, but you choose death and company"

I believe it was written about her relationship with Luc Carl (In your tight jeans, with your long hair, and cigarette stained lies) and about her Mother's relationship with her father from her mother's perspective.

moonboywow

Speechless is about Alchoholism and Death.

"I can't believe how you slurred at me, with your James Dean glossy eyes/Johnnie Walker eyes"

"Some men, they follow me, but you choose death and company"

I believe it was written about her relationship with Luc Carl (In your tight jeans, with your long hair, and cigarette stained lies) and about her Mother's relationship with her father from her mother's perspective.

i read someone's a--lysis on Speechless and he went in depth about how the song is about her father and his surgery.

moonboywow

What does inebriation mean?

I think she stated about it being the fear of d--gs & alcohol. Kind of about going to that "happy" place you go when you're under the influence. I also take it as going to alcohol or d--gs to escape reality and doing so gives you a false sense of "happiness". Also, maybe that dangerous place you go where you're kind of close to death when you're under d--gs or alcohol maybe? But feeling it in a good way because you're under the influence? I only think of it that way when I'm trying to decipher the "so happy I could die" part.

I'm not sure how it fits into the song, but I love the "touch myself" section of the lyrics. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be about masturbation but I think it is. It's kind of delving into self-love and succumbing to s-xual desires. Maybe when you don't want to?

Also, I think the second verse, when she talks about "touch myself" she's talking about vanity. She talks about glossing her eyes and doing her hair. Maybe being over-obsessive or vain or insecure.

I think the things in the verses might be what brings her to the "happy place" while under the influence of d--gs.

Idk, I really like to try and decipher the song. It's just so beautiful to me. One of her best. And actually kind of one of her saddest too, tbh.

So Happy I Could Die is about her d--g addiction. The song is one huge metaphor. She talks about touching herself but the touching herself is the metaphor for the d--gs.

Burning Desire

is it true that bloody mary should have been in the fame monster?

n0ne

is it true that bloody mary should have been in the fame monster?

Sorry to quote you because I don't know the answer but wanted to reply to anyway lol

I have heard the rumors that it was but I don't particularly think Bloody Mary would have fit into TFM. I think it suits BTW perfectly is a stand out track.

If it was meant to be on TFM what is fear is the song representing?

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

n0ne

I hate Telephone...

Apparently Gaga does too. I heard that she said she hates Telephone and she has the most difficulty listening to it. I also heard she wasn't pleased with the video either.

I kinda agree Telephone isn't a song you can listen to over and over again within a short time frame without not getting a little annoyed. It's one of Gaga's most generic and repetitive songs but its pretty fun, I guess lol

"My people… need to let our bitchiness out. Otherwise, it turns to bile and poisons us"

HermioneGranger

What I think Gaga should have done with this album is making Dance In The Dark and then Monster singles after Alejandro.