RAMROD

Featured Posts

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
1 hour ago, Nathan said:

1st: yes, and it was.

It's not yours to say, newbie. Like, joking about poisoning and jailing people? Get a grip.

While I disagree with a lot of what she said lately, she has been an ally to many who didn't fit in whether you like it or not. I just think it's important to keep the dialogue open and keep educating her so hopefully she gets the other side of the story. She is an intelligent and compassionate woman, she must see the light at some point, there's no other way. This is just so out of character that I can't help thinking this is basically a lack of the right information on her part, and if we keep antagonizing her, we'll never reach a point of agreement.

elijahfan
9 hours ago, Stephen said:

Nah she is. Hundreds of people have tweeted her enough information and resources to educate herself but she chooses to stay willingly ignorant and bigoted. 

I think the multiple death threats and intimidation tactics to her home didn't really help keep the communication open.

Serial Chiller
9 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Isn't the aim of a joke to be funny?

Also, she might have some puzzling views when it comes to trans women, but Jo has been an advocate for the LGBT community for years. I know she has disappointed a lot of people lately, me included, but let's not exaggerate. I'd much rather focus on the actual enemies of our community than wasting energy on cancelling someone that did bring joy to me and millions other people.

Omg enough with the downplaying of this woman's bigotry. 

She isn't just someone who is misguided. She actively spews her hatred and invalidation of trans people. She actively support terfs that campaign to strip trans people of their rights and wrote a book about cross-dressing transvestiles that murder people. 

The fact that she brings joy to you have 0 weight in a discussion about human rights. 

If you like her or Harry potter, sure whatever. Just don't gaslight people who make very valid points about this sh*tty human. 

Andrea B
11 hours ago, flyaway said:

I dont think she's a bad person, but she lived a traumatic experience that doesn't allow her to realize the bigotry she says. 

Hope she can wake up one day and say: Maybe I'm wrong. I'm sorry.

And we can all confront the real enemy: Vlaldemort Puta. 

she's a bad person. She has millions of followers, she's empowering transphobes to hurt US + she promoted this: 

https://www.insider.com/jk-rowling-terf-online-store-selling-anti-trans-merch-2020-9 

imagine promoting a t shirt that says ''fck your pronuns'', ''trans women are men'', ''sorry about your ****, bro'',etc. 

She's a really bad person, it doesn't matter if she lived a traumatic experience, I've lived a lot of tramautic experiences as a woman and as a trans person and I'm not trying to HURT other trans people and women.

JK Rowling once was a victim and now she's the abuser. 

Andrea B
10 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Isn't the aim of a joke to be funny?

Also, she might have some puzzling views when it comes to trans women, but Jo has been an advocate for the LGBT community for years. I know she has disappointed a lot of people lately, me included, but let's not exaggerate. I'd much rather focus on the actual enemies of our community than wasting energy on cancelling someone that did bring joy to me and millions other people.

''might''?:cyanlights: really? she's not an advocate for the LGBTQ community, she's an abuser and part of the problem. 

If you want to focus on other things thats fine... please do it. But we can discuss about her all we want. She's an AWFUL person and is not compassionate AT ALL. You're as ignorant as her. 

Andrea B
56 minutes ago, Serial Chiller said:

Omg enough with the downplaying of this woman's bigotry. 

She isn't just someone who is misguided. She actively spews her hatred and invalidation of trans people. She actively support terfs that campaign to strip trans people of their rights and wrote a book about cross-dressing transvestiles that murder people. 

The fact that she brings joy to you have 0 weight in a discussion about human rights. 

If you like her or Harry potter, sure whatever. Just don't gaslight people who make very valid points about this sh*tty human. 

they really care more about some imaginary wizards than the opinions of trans people. 

HorusRa2
3 hours ago, PartySick said:

Why does it have to be "either boycott everything or boycott nothing"? It comes across as being in the same vein as "whataboutism".

Maybe (former) fans are particularly aware of Rowling's behavior and have decided that her work, which is (or was) popular within the LGBT community, should now be shelved 'cause she regularly attacks the "T" and, apparently, hardly supports the "LGB".

I won't read Harry Potter (never liked it in the first place though), I won't listen to bigoted musicians, I won't eat Chick-fil-A, I won't shop for crafts at Hobby Lobby, and there's a handful of other places I avoid for my own particular reasons.

Everyone has their own lines in the sand and it doesn't have to be directly at their feet or ten miles away. It can be somewhere in the middle.

"But it's these kind of things that make people like us seem intolerable to others. I view the LGBT+etc community as one in the same. When one of us is being attacked, we all are. However, we have to advocate without being as vile as our opposition."

We're no better than other human beings :samanthac: I've been personally verbally assaulted for still wearing a mask, cleaning things, and remaining covid conscious before never seeing those people again 'cause they decided to take their business elsewhere where they're more comfortable. Every person does it for good or bad reasons, it doesn't make us vile to hold people accountable.

On the first point, this is one of the sticking points between the two of us that's existed since the 2020 primaries. I look at things from a clear set of rules based principles. what is good for x is good for y. you make arguments for selectivity. it's a disagreement on values. im not changing; you arent changing. But it is still important to engage. 

also, where did I say we were better than anybody else? I just said that we can advocate for equality for our trans family without being a vile person with regard to how we engage. holding JKR accountable for her transphobia when the discussion is about her correct response to Putin is what im taking issue with. it is possible to separate the dislike for x even if she agrees with you on y. what i take issue with is the highly partisan approach of, "jkr is transphobic so everything she says right, wrong or indifferent doesnt matter because she is transphobic." seems very narrow minded to me. 

HorusRa2
3 hours ago, alsemanche said:

Why would anyone give a sh*t about her growth when she's been ignoring people trying to educate her over and over again and she keeps making sh*t comments and statements over and over again? Y'all need to stop finding bullsh*t excuses for this disgusting transphobic scum because it's ridiculous. But yeah sure let's bring up the right's "tribal" narrative here lmao

I just want to point out that again, the reason we are having this discussion is because of the dismissiveness of JKR despite having the right opinion on something incredibly accurate about something unrelated to her transphobia. It's not an excuse for her transphobia but what she said here is actually accurate. I don't see why that's ok to most of you here. 😩

The right did not invent "tribalism" & it in fact exists on the left & the right.  

ALGAYDO
12 hours ago, elijahfan said:

than wasting energy on cancelling someone that did bring joy to me and millions other people.

Not trying to start an argument, but this is the same thing that people say about Dr. Luke, R. Kelly, Harvey Winestein, etc. 

IMO, their good does not out-weigh their bad 

Meat
12 hours ago, elijahfan said:

I'd much rather focus on the actual enemies of our community than wasting energy on cancelling someone that did bring joy to me and millions other people.

This. Similarly, people like Harvey Weinstein and Roman Polanski are also liberal LGBT supporters and their movies have brought joy to millions too. Let’s not cancel them either please.

alsemanche

The way this thread only shows how much some of y'all give 0 f*cks about trans lives as long as your gay asses are not being targeted by the harassment and discrimination and as long as the abusers are 'entertaining' you :toofunny: That's exactly what I mean when I say there's no such thing as one queer 'community'. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Oriane

Why, did you actually expect her to support him or something? What she says is wrong but there's a difference between being transphobic and invading another country and killing thousands of people :bear:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

Nathan
7 hours ago, elijahfan said:

It's not yours to say, newbie. Like, joking about poisoning and jailing people? Get a grip.

While I disagree with a lot of what she said lately, she has been an ally to many who didn't fit in whether you like it or not. I just think it's important to keep the dialogue open and keep educating her so hopefully she gets the other side of the story. She is an intelligent and compassionate woman, she must see the light at some point, there's no other way. This is just so out of character that I can't help thinking this is basically a lack of the right information on her part, and if we keep antagonizing her, we'll never reach a point of agreement.

I have been a active poster here since 2010. I couldn’t get into my old account so made a new one.. not that being a ‘newbie’ matters.

anyway,

yes, you are choosing to put a blindfold on and change the character of JK Rowling to keep your wizard school untainted. Unfortunately she is a massive bigot and users her money to donate to organisations that are not only anti Trans, but also fight against the rights of the whole LGBTQIA+ community. You not wanting to see that or ‘hope she can change’ is just turning the other way. 

I understand loving a franchise, especially if it brings you happiness, but SHE is the one who did this. People spending money on Harry Potter stuff it now tainted because of what she does with it. She isn’t going to change my friend, she has staked her position and doubles down on it daily… this has now been going on for years and has only got worse. 

Pennywise

The way some of you are STILL saying **** like "maybe she doesn't know"... Like, she's not stupid. We know she's not stupid because she did write a very destructive and yet conniving anti-trans essay. Everything she said in it had a purpose, if you know how to read. She's not stupid. She's intelligent, but she actively chooses to be evil when literally every alternative is presented to her. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived