💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

JK Rowling Said "No Thanks" At Vladimir Putin's Support

RAMROD

Featured Posts

HorusRa2

I find some of these remarks absolutely alarming and very tribal. 

Give credit where it is due and give criticism where it's due. 

JKR is right this time. 

You can't advocate for people to change or grow if you are so tribal that you cannot admit when they are right because you are so focused on what they get wrong. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HorusRa2
30 minutes ago, River said:

She's not really canceled let's be honest.. people will go to the films, buy the books and video games.. we're a minority..

I also don't really understand this perspective. Society is currently benefiting in indirect ways from people who created and invented wonderful things while also being terrible people in the past. Not to mention the level of oppressions and greed that corporations show towards their employees and society as a whole.

You guys are quick to scream about buying somebody's book that has nothing to do with their character or statements they've made while still giving all your money to companies like Amazon. It's very hypocritical to me.

p.s. is just a reply to what you are talking about, not necessarily an attack on you or anything. Actually, it's more or less a post to bring up the fact that if people want to cancel JKR for her remarks and not buy anything associated with her, then I am also suggesting that you do the same for every other entity and person that does or says something immoral. Otherwise it is just a cherrypicking of what to cancel and not cancel in a very subjective way that isn't based on principle (does this sound familiar? It really should; it's the same principle we apply to christians who point to the bible about homosexuality while also not living up to the other parts of the bible). It's the same principle & it is one main reason why I find people who cancel JKR while not canceling other entities, products & people to be hypocritical. 

Nathan
8 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

Really? :triggered:

It was a joke..

But let’s not forget she communicates regularly on Twitter with not only anti-trans, but Anti same sex marriage organisations.

Im sure her destain for the LGBTQIA+ community has no limits

elijahfan
6 minutes ago, Nathan said:

It was a joke..

But let’s not forget she communicates regularly on Twitter with not only anti-trans, but Anti same sex marriage organisations.

Im sure her destain for the LGBTQIA+ community has no limits

Isn't the aim of a joke to be funny?

Also, she might have some puzzling views when it comes to trans women, but Jo has been an advocate for the LGBT community for years. I know she has disappointed a lot of people lately, me included, but let's not exaggerate. I'd much rather focus on the actual enemies of our community than wasting energy on cancelling someone that did bring joy to me and millions other people.

Rahrahbitchson
1 hour ago, flyaway said:

And we can all confront the real enemy: Vlaldemort Puta. 

Why is this so funny:sharon:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

MonsterPaws

I don't think that makes her inherently bad. She's just being stupid and spreading ignorance. 

Being stupid sure but she is not stupid. JK Rowling is a very intelligent woman. And very privileged in her access to resources. She knows what she's doing.

Someone who is ignorant but doesn't know they're being ignorant isn't always bad. Someone who is very aware of what they're doing, who they are supporting IS bad. I'm sorry but that's the reality. JKR simply isn't a good person when it comes to her stance towards the LGBTQ+ community.

She's a bigot. Consciously bigoted. Just recently she proclaimed her support for a very clearly homophobic individual (not just transphobic). At this point anyone who supports JKR directly is just letting their love for her writing cloud their judgment.

While I don't believe in cancel culture whatsoever. This is one of those situations where I 100% understand where her critics are coming from. She totally deserves being criticized.

Her alleged support for the LGB community is just a facade at this point. At best it's well-intentioned but ignorant at worse it's performative justice.

lasagna

I don't think that makes her inherently bad. She's just being stupid and spreading ignorance. 

potato potahto

the outcome (transphobia) is the same so its not really relevant whether its ignorance or not.

and just to be clear i think its very obvious shes a nasty person with a transphobic agenda. the amount of time she dedicates to hurting transgender people is not ignorance, its intentional cruelty.

human turd

Roseblud Kisses

We luv ha again:tony:

But she still has to say sorry for ha morally bankrupt words against transwomen:patrizia:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

Galvon
1 hour ago, HorusRa2 said:

I also don't really understand this perspective. Society is currently benefiting in indirect ways from people who created and invented wonderful things while also being terrible people in the past. Not to mention the level of oppressions and greed that corporations show towards their employees and society as a whole.

You guys are quick to scream about buying somebody's book that has nothing to do with their character or statements they've made while still giving all your money to companies like Amazon. It's very hypocritical to me.

p.s. is just a reply to what you are talking about, not necessarily an attack on you or anything. Actually, it's more or less a post to bring up the fact that if people want to cancel JKR for her remarks and not buy anything associated with her, then I am also suggesting that you do the same for every other entity and person that does or says something immoral. Otherwise it is just a cherrypicking of what to cancel and not cancel in a very subjective way that isn't based on principle (does this sound familiar? It really should; it's the same principle we apply to christians who point to the bible about homosexuality while also not living up to the other parts of the bible). It's the same principle & it is one main reason why I find people who cancel JKR while not canceling other entities, products & people to be hypocritical. 

Well, ignorance is bliss, Ig. Shitty people are everywhere though. If you have to boycot every brand, then you might not even be able to go to (for example) some grocery stores, right?

holy scheisse

Yup yup people aren’t all good or all bad at their core so give the blind squirrel a nut, but keep pushing back on her anti trans beliefs. 

HorusRa2
3 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Well, ignorance is bliss, Ig. Shitty people are everywhere though. If you have to boycot every brand, then you might not even be able to go to (for example) some grocery stores, right?

That's precisely my point. It is irresponsible in my opinion to outright dismiss everything about a person or entity because they are wrong on X thing but not on Y thing. You give credit when they are right and push them on where they are wrong. 

To be clear: JKR should absolutely be panned for her transphobic remarks. I just don't agree with boycotting Harry Potter because she may receive remuneration for it because if I were to do the same across all entities and people, there are many, many products and services that I would be abstaining from. 

But it's these kind of things that make people like us seem intolerable to others. I view the LGBT+etc community as one in the same. When one of us is being attacked, we all are. However, we have to advocate without being as vile as our opposition. That's not what our community is supposed to be and it's not what we should aspire to be either. 

Mother of Puppies
2 hours ago, flyaway said:

Vlaldemort Puta. 

:air: :lmao:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

Nathan
6 hours ago, elijahfan said:

Isn't the aim of a joke to be funny?

Also, she might have some puzzling views when it comes to trans women, but Jo has been an advocate for the LGBT community for years. I know she has disappointed a lot of people lately, me included, but let's not exaggerate. I'd much rather focus on the actual enemies of our community than wasting energy on cancelling someone that did bring joy to me and millions other people.

1st: yes, and it was. 

2nd: She is in regular public contact with people who work at CitizanGo, including the organisation’s Campaign director. I am sure she donates generously. Here is a link to learn about the lovely organisation: (it won’t let me link, but Google it and click the wiki page). 

She absolutely hates the whole community, so let’s just make sure that’s clear. 

3rd: I’m very sorry her hating trans people is getting in the way of your wizards. Unfortunately your love for Harry Potter is worthless compared to Trans lives and gay rights. Sorry you had to learn the hard way.

4th: She isn’t being cancelled, she has a majour platform and spews bigotry from it. I’m sure her books are still selling in the millions, so don’t let that upset you. Like always, she won’t be accountable. The rich white bigots never are. 

alsemanche
7 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

I find some of these remarks absolutely alarming and very tribal. 

Give credit where it is due and give criticism where it's due. 

JKR is right this time. 

You can't advocate for people to change or grow if you are so tribal that you cannot admit when they are right because you are so focused on what they get wrong. 

Why would anyone give a sh*t about her growth when she's been ignoring people trying to educate her over and over again and she keeps making sh*t comments and statements over and over again? Y'all need to stop finding bullsh*t excuses for this disgusting transphobic scum because it's ridiculous. But yeah sure let's bring up the right's "tribal" narrative here lmao

Soft, soothing, and succulent

PartySick
6 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

That's precisely my point. It is irresponsible in my opinion to outright dismiss everything about a person or entity because they are wrong on X thing but not on Y thing. You give credit when they are right and push them on where they are wrong. 

To be clear: JKR should absolutely be panned for her transphobic remarks. I just don't agree with boycotting Harry Potter because she may receive remuneration for it because if I were to do the same across all entities and people, there are many, many products and services that I would be abstaining from. 

But it's these kind of things that make people like us seem intolerable to others. I view the LGBT+etc community as one in the same. When one of us is being attacked, we all are. However, we have to advocate without being as vile as our opposition. That's not what our community is supposed to be and it's not what we should aspire to be either. 

Why does it have to be "either boycott everything or boycott nothing"? It comes across as being in the same vein as "whataboutism".

Maybe (former) fans are particularly aware of Rowling's behavior and have decided that her work, which is (or was) popular within the LGBT community, should now be shelved 'cause she regularly attacks the "T" and, apparently, hardly supports the "LGB".

I won't read Harry Potter (never liked it in the first place though), I won't listen to bigoted musicians, I won't eat Chick-fil-A, I won't shop for crafts at Hobby Lobby, and there's a handful of other places I avoid for my own particular reasons.

Everyone has their own lines in the sand and it doesn't have to be directly at their feet or ten miles away. It can be somewhere in the middle.

"But it's these kind of things that make people like us seem intolerable to others. I view the LGBT+etc community as one in the same. When one of us is being attacked, we all are. However, we have to advocate without being as vile as our opposition."

We're no better than other human beings :samanthac: I've been personally verbally assaulted for still wearing a mask, cleaning things, and remaining covid conscious before never seeing those people again 'cause they decided to take their business elsewhere where they're more comfortable. Every person does it for good or bad reasons, it doesn't make us vile to hold people accountable.

💚

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived