💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

JK Rowling Said "No Thanks" At Vladimir Putin's Support

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Just now, alsemanche said:

Y'all are really REALLY oblivious to the effect that culture and media have on people and on politics huh

Very ironic for you to use the word oblivious here. Your attitude is doing more harm than good and maybe one day you’ll see that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alsemanche
2 minutes ago, LAS22 said:

Very ironic for you to use the word oblivious here. Your attitude is doing more harm than good and maybe one day you’ll see that.

And maybe one day you'll realize how condescending and brainless you sound but I doubt that day will ever come :glamourpuss: Don't tell me which words to use when I've been studying language and literature for a literal 6 years lmao. And definitely don't think you're being a smartass while constantly avoiding making any argument or relevant statement. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Cameltoe Chariot
4 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

Trans people who are literally affected by her and people like her. Next.

Have YOU been affected by her? :oprah:

Do what you want, I’m not going to tell you how to spend your time, or tell you how to think or feel. But I WILL tell you that this is a massive waste of time and energy on a woman that will never, ever suffer financially in her lifetime, even if she never earned a single cent from this day forward.

There are hundreds of millions of people that genuinely love Harry Potter with innocent intentions and probably pay zero attention to the author herself, but many of you are so entrenched in your internet echo chambers that you think any random nerd online with their hogwarts house in their Instagram bio is also a raging transphobe.

But like I said, do what you want. Stay mad, stay alienating people that don’t check Twitter every day and just love a franchise that brought them joy as kids. I really don’t give a sh*t anymore lmao

alsemanche
2 minutes ago, CameltoeKween said:

Have YOU been affected by her? :oprah:

Do what you want, I’m not going to tell you how to spend your time, or tell you how to think or feel. But I WILL tell you that this is a massive waste of time and energy on a woman that will never, ever suffer financially in her lifetime, even if she never earned a single cent from this day forward.

There are hundreds of millions of people that genuinely love Harry Potter with innocent intentions and probably pay zero attention to the author herself, but many of you are so entrenched in your internet echo chambers that you think any random nerd online with their hogwarts house in their Instagram bio is also a raging transphobe.

But like I said, do what you want. Stay mad, stay alienating people that don’t check Twitter every day and just love a franchise that brought them joy as kids. I really don’t give a sh*t anymore lmao

The obsession with defending HP fans while totally deflecting  from the actual problem (aka the transphobic scumbag who wrote them) is so stupid. That's all. And unlike you I'm assuming based on your posts, I give a f*ck about people who are struggling and are being discriminated who aren't me. But sure I'll just shut up since she's not directly calling me a f*g. 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

Guillaume Hamon
7 minutes ago, LAS22 said:

So what's the attitude to have according to you ? Countless people gave her infos and fair arguments very peacefully over the years and she decided to do nothing with it to rather promote "f*CK your pronouns" merch'...

People were forgiving and patient yet she insists on giving them the finger. :/

8 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

And maybe one day you'll realize how condescending and brainless you sound but I doubt that day will ever come :glamourpuss: Don't tell me which words to use when I've been studying language and literature for a literal 6 years lmao. And definitely don't think you're being a smartass while constantly avoiding making any argument or relevant statement. 

And this is exactly why I will not debate with someone like you. You are being very immature and rude. I never told you what words to use, I merely pointed out the irony given how oblivious you are to your own behavior and its effects. I have made several relevant statements and arguments which I stand by. But I’m done engaging with someone who thinks I’m brainless.

Guillaume Hamon
34 minutes ago, LAS22 said:

Supposedly this situation is not up for debate. That’s certainly the way many users here act.

Imo there would be a debate if folks defending her incessantly here would have a point made. So far it's just "explain her things instead" as if it wasn't done many times along the years yet and as if she wasn't getting it perfectly. :/

36 minutes ago, LAS22 said:

I absolutely do think there is a time and medium for intelligent discussions which can impact others, but this is clearly not that.

These happened yet so folks don't bother rephrase it again here and just wish she would gaf I guess...

Cameltoe Chariot
5 minutes ago, alsemanche said:

The obsession with defending HP fans while totally deflecting  from the actual problem (aka the transphobic scumbag who wrote them) is so stupid. That's all. And unlike you I'm assuming based on your posts, I give a f*ck about people who are struggling and are being discriminated who aren't me. But sure I'll just shut up since she's not directly calling me a f*g. 

The ACTUAL issue is anti-trans policy, and laws that prohibit trans people from having access to healthcare and other affirming care and services. You’re never going to change the opinions of bigots and transphobes, but by legal protections you will be able to live your life as you see fit. This is what truly matters… not the Twitter ramblings of an ignorant billionaire.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I don’t care about anyone else besides myself and other gay people, but it does seem like you’re very reactive and jump to conclusions to I’ll write it off as that. You know nothing about my life and the work I do for the trans community so I would suggest you stop with those particular accusations before you really embarrass yourself.

Anyway, I’ll leave you to your weekly R*wling obsession - have fun and I hope you spark some change!

elijahfan
8 hours ago, Pennywise said:

You don't get to dictate how trans people and allies react to transphobia. The fact that you are arguing for the likes of her is laughable. Playing the devil's advocate has never worked, and will never work, ever, for minority rights. 

So to you, sending death threats to someone isn't nauseating behavior? I stand by what I said.

elijahfan
8 hours ago, alsemanche said:

The way you constantly downplay her transphobia is disgusting 

And the way y'all exaggerate it because you love a scapegoat ain't too shiny either.

elijahfan
8 hours ago, Andrea Nicole said:

I'm not doing that, but of course you wont believe me cause YOU ARE NOT A TRANS WOMAN. You don't know ANYTHING about our lives and how WE FEEL when we read and experience transphobia. People like JK Rowling have a lot of power, Radical feminists have a lot of power and they're socially killing us.

In my country they're trying to take away our rights to even have a name(our correct name). they're very organice and do you know how they do it? social media, big influencers are empowering them and giving them a voice, JK Rowling is doing that with her millions of followers. 

Check your transphobia. 

Hide contents

and now I know you'll disagree with me on everything, especially with the last part but when someone tells you that you're acting racist, transphobic, etc you listen/read and try to do better.

I don't throw around the word transphobia very often.

and btw you can read her books and movies all you want, I even watched the whole saga a couple of days ago. I'm not telling you what to do, I'm just tired of the LGBQ's and their transphobia. 

also they're different levels of transphobia, not saying you want to kill us or that you're JK Rowling but I definitely think there's transphobia in you. Please educate yourself, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. 

You'll never find a quote where I say I agree with her views. I'm merely saying that threatening to kill someone isn't the way to conduct a debate, and only comforts her in her views and makes the community look bad. If I want to have faith in JK Rowling because I believe she has it in her to see that she's in the wrong and has hurt a lot of people, that's my problem. If I must be stoned by the internet and be called disgusting because I refuse to gang up against this woman, then so be it. At least I've never threatened to kill anyone.

And now, about your personal attack: just like I know nothing about you, you know nothing about me, and making assumptions about total strangers online isn't a good look. I would suggest some of you here to be very careful with the words you are using, as I will absolutely not put up with this.

elijahfan
5 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

She’s not a child. She’s not an idiot either. This just feels like you’re “justifying” her transphobia because her books made a huge impact on your childhood. She’s not a rapist or a murderer, but her words and actions affect trans people in a way that you don’t seem to fully comprehend. You can still like her books but to sympathize with her/ treating her like a child just ain’t it :/ 

No, I'm not pretending her words didn't hurt anyone, they did hurt me as well and are still causing a lot of confusion in me, don't get it twisted. I simply believe I know enough about her to be convinced she's a good person who can be redeemable. But the spew of hate she experienced made her stand her ground even further, and certainly didn't help. The fact that we can't have an educated conversation even here without being called names and resorting to personal attacks isn't giving much hope.

elijahfan
4 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Dude she had a billion people sending documentation to her after each transphobic actions she made, she had a ton of second chances and chosed to be vile again and again...

At some point it's not that people didn't try to show her the light enough, knowing you hurts plenty of people and doing it further again and again is just vile at some point...

As I mentioned several times, the reactions she received from our community seemed to be unequivocal hate, so I'm not sure she's actually had the chance to see the better side of us. The only people who seem to be eager to have educated discussions with her are actual bigots and transphobes, which is a real shame.

Stephen
20 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

If I want to have faith in JK Rowling because I believe she has it in her to see that she's in the wrong

Genuine question: At what point would you stop hoping and accept that this is her chosen position? What does JK have to do to convince you that this is her genuine, informed, and decided upon opinion? Because she seems pretty adamant to me. :oprah:

elijahfan
9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Genuine question: At what point would you stop hoping and accept that this is her chosen position? What does JK have to do to convince you that this is her genuine, informed, and decided upon opinion? Because she seems pretty adamant to me. :oprah:

When she'll flat out say she hates trans-people. Her view is that the law shouldn't be bent to the point where it's becoming detrimental to biological women - that's pretty different than saying trans-people should have no rights.

• PartySick locked this topic

Archived