Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Lady Gaga Receiving Criticism After She Spoke About Capitalism.

AntonTurnItUp

Featured Posts

Pussy Like Pepsi
42 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Ask those people if they helped raise 150 million dollars for covid relief? Please :interestinga:

A complete non sequitor....

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, enissa11 said:

lmao, the difference is that taylor and dua love capitalism and never would even think to say something against it :ladyhaha:

But dua was a vocal Bernie supporter tho 😌

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

HausOfAntonio
13 minutes ago, *** Like Pepsi said:

A complete non sequitor....

Not really, people can be rich to an extent of not quite billionaires if they’re actively being philanthropic and helping their communities - and still critique capitalism. I don’t think my point is irrelevant because its not as if Gaga’s sat on her butt all day eating pasta and oppressing workers. She does the work. 

Pussy Like Pepsi
9 minutes ago, HausOfAntonio said:

Not really, people can be rich to an extent of not quite billionaires if they’re actively being philanthropic and helping their communities - and still critique capitalism. I don’t think my point is irrelevant because its not as if Gaga’s sat on her butt all day eating pasta and oppressing workers. She does the work. 

That has nothing to do with the fact that she is a rich capitalist. People who are criticizing her didn't help raise 150 million because they aren't famous so if they go on Facebook and tell everyone to give money for Covid, no one aside from maybe 5 of their friends will donate $15. It's not like she personally gave $150 million of her own money LMAO. Helping to raise money by getting other people to give away $150 million is not philanthropy. LMAO. You're talking about this like it required some huge effort on her part or that she had to make some sort of sacrifice to raise that money.... ROFL.

BornAsUnic0rn

Yeah she has millions and is making millions. But even more millions are made by men off of her. Thinking an artist is getting even half of the money they make is foolish. And the other half? Mostly men. 

And that is her point, no matter how big a woman gets, she still won’t make nearly as much as the men profiting off of her. And it’s nearly impossible to change that. The success women have in front of the camera is not comparable to the lack of success and power women hold behind it. With all the contracts she is under she has to answer mostly to men and do her art with with the agreement of mostly men, so they can cash in on her brand. And if she speaks about it, men criticize her because she is the one in a million case to disprove her point.

Because, you know, they can’t wrap their head around the fact that her being one of the few exceptions actually is  strengthening the point that’s being made. 

Economy
8 hours ago, AdmistTheLight said:

Yeah, I think she got lost a bit in her privilege there. Tho we know her heart is from the right place, it does come off cringy like celebs singing Imagine from their mansions.

Yeah but Gaga was talking about women in general and what it can do to a women or how it can screw them over

She never said anything in the interview to suggest "oh poor me and capitalism".

Ppl are criticizing over nothing as usual

Runway

She’s very rich now but she had to be abused, humiliated and even had an abortion to get there. She’s not talking about herself anyway here

lilboyblue

Big whoop. It's not hypocritical. If anything, it's aware. Just because she was able to rise above these things she thinks are detrimental to women doesn't mean that she can't speak on it.

Do they expect her not to participate in "capitalism" when such is the very fiber of the society she's in? She supposed to suffer so it sounds more legit?

Agunimon

I really don't care about the criticism people are having with her in particular, but the broader criticism is what I really think needs to change. Just because someone partakes in something that is essential to society, or they benefit from it, automatically makes the general population criticize them when they make a comment that goes against whatever it is. It happens SO frequently with SO many intricate things in our society. It needs to end.

9 hours ago, Oriane said:

And she has suffered from it too. Most of her health problems are linked to that. It doesn't matter that she has 150 milions, she still has these problems for life.

Oh honey she got more than $150 mil lmao

Oriane
2 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Oh honey she got more than $150 mil lmao

I copied the tweet from OP, I have no idea how much she has and I don't care enough to look it up :air:

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

4 hours ago, enissa11 said:

in what way her career has been "the epitome of capitalism"? you can say that about taylor swift or rihanna, since 2008 she's saying that money is meaningless to her, she went bankrupted a couple times because every penny she made she put into her shows and her fashion, and she didn't even own a home until she bought one in 2015, in fact all the messages behind her songs and her art are very anti-capistalism, cynical and satiric about it, while in her way of working has been always highlighted the community, the haus of gaga, the creative collective, the fan, little monsters, they are the kings and the queens, she's a devoted jester, spreading the message throught massive comercial mediums, she's been the most progressive pop artist since day one.

Lmao “she put money into her shows and fashion” girl that’s capitalism to a T. Like just saying, she’s been very “let’s explore capitalism as an art form” from the get. Whether you agree with it is another thing, not my point, though. Point is, her brand has been built around luxury and fame and status and wealth all of which are hallmarks of modern capitalism.

• River locked this topic

Archived