MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

society

Toilet Paper & Paper Napkin Prices To Hike

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Hygiene products group Essity reported a bigger-than-expected drop in fourth-quarter profit on Wednesday and said it planned to further hike prices in the face of record high costs for raw material, energy and distribution.

Operating profit at the world's second-biggest maker of consumer tissue fell 34% from a year earlier to 2.75 billion Swedish crowns ($297 million) despite an 11% rise in sales. Five analysts polled by Refinitiv had on average forecast a 3.33 billion crown profit. 

The Swedish group, which sells consumer tissue such as toilet paper and napkins under a large number of brands including Lotus, Tempo and Vinda, announced plans to raise prices in all product categories and markets this year to compensate for the substantially higher costs.

Its shares were down 3% in morning trade.

Groth told analysts and journalists in a conference call he expected most raw material costs to start to stabilizing in the current quarter, while energy would keep rising significantly compared with the fourth quarter.

Essity, a rival to Procter & Gamble (PG.N) and Kimberly-Clark (KMB.N), proposed a dividend of 7 crowns per share for 2021, up 4% from the year before.

Kimberly-Clark is due to report earnings later on Wednesday. 

($1 = 9.2543 Swedish crowns)

https://www.reuters.com/business/retail-consumer/tissue-maker-essitys-profit-tumbles-input-distribution-costs-bite-2022-01-26/

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ paradise lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
Economy

The inflation cycle is hard to break once it starts. When prices of some material or services go up then those higher costs make other businesses try to compensate by hiking their own... High inflation also makes ppl demand more pay raising labor costs

I really hope when pandemic ends and supply chain issues improve that inflation does go back down.

I dont want a repeat of the 1970s where because inflation was so high u have to keep stressing about not leaving much money in cash and u gotta figure out where to invest it all because it will loose value otherwise or always wondering if next year you will get a raise that at the very least matches inflation cuz if u dont its essentially a big paycut :deadbanana:

CaliLilMonster
15 minutes ago, Economy said:

I dont want a repeat of the 1970s where because inflation was so high u have to keep stressing about not leaving much money in cash and u gotta figure out where to invest it all because it will loose value otherwise or always wondering if next year you will get a raise that at the very least matches inflation cuz if u dont its essentially a big paycut :deadbanana:

You think we’re headed for a recession? Isn’t that how they fixed the 70’s inflation?

PartySick

Ok but are they comparing their sales to the year EVERYONE bought every roll of tp they could find for some stupid reason? :bear:

And all at once, you're all I want 💚
Economy
On 1/26/2022 at 5:43 PM, CaliLilMonster said:

You think we’re headed for a recession? Isn’t that how they fixed the 70’s inflation?

Tbh i dont know much about how it ended tho i suspect a reversal of oil price spike (there was a major oil shock in the 1970s) and interest rates may have had something to do with it. The recession u speak of quite possibly since inflation usually drops during recessions with a few exeptions...

I just know a combination of factors like high oil prices as well as the end of the gold standards for the US Dollar (meaning currency supply was no longer restricted by gold reserves) caused high inflation fir a number of years in the 1970s at one point reaching double digits

Although in some ways the economy was quite prosperous at the time high inflation was a source of anxiety for many. For example even 1 year of a poor wage raise seriously cut the value of ur income and long term financial planning for families was difficult with such instabilities in prices

Edited by Economy