59 minutes ago, Taylucifer said:

Taylor literally wrote everyone song on Speak Now for this exact reason-

really? 

wow did not know this fact. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SevenWonder

I totally get what he's saying. Beyonce (who I love, this isn't shady) "writing" her songs clearly isn't the same as Billie and Finneas writing their songs - though Beyonce gets credit, same as Billie. We all know Bey might change a word or two and that counts. Which is cool. Totally fine and legit. But Billie and Finneas write all the lyrics, chords, melodies, etc. It's more encompassing.

His mistake is assuming Taylor is like Beyonce in that regard. Clearly Taylor is the primary writer on her songs. They all sound the same (No shade. All writers have habits.). I think Taylor writes a higher percentage of her songs than Gaga, frankly. 

SlaeUrAnus

This is so damaging and completely false.

Yes Taylor might have the odd co writer,  but let’s not forget that a good amount of her songs were written by herself.

To discredit her and her writing skills is absolutely disgusting.

In my messy era.

i mean does it even matter if the audience doesn't care? :partysick:

if consumers really cared about who and who didn't write their music, the charts would be very different :partysick:

edit: however it is wrong to discredit somebody like that :partysick:

mother, what must i do?

enissa11
36 minutes ago, SevenWonder said:

I think Taylor writes a higher percentage of her songs than Gaga, frankly. 

gaga is the main songwritter in terms of both melodies and lyrics from all her biggest hits, bad romance, poker face, applause, born this way, shallow etc, not the case of ms. taylor even tho she has much more songs that has her as the only songwritter

Mad Architect of Light

Pennywise
1 hour ago, CooterFritter said:

God Taylor swift is so annoying. 

1 hour ago, enissa11 said:

totally... that stuff of "i was your fan until you said this about me" is a clearly indicator you were not a fan at all, imagine gaga saying "madonna i was your fan until i saw this" "grace jones i was a fan until i saw this" "david bowie i was a fan until i saw this" lmaoo so immature, so you're a fan until someone has a negative opinion about you, even if it comes from their lack o knowledge about your artistry, so silly, and her second tweet :green: she's in general such a reactionary artist...

Do y'all not remember some of Gaga's messier tweets? :ladyhaha:

It's not just a "negative opinion", it's a flat out lie. A negative opinion would be something like "I do not like Taylor Swift's songwriting". NOT "she doesn't write her own songs", which is a lie. 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

CooterFritter
7 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Do y'all not remember some of Gaga's messier tweets? :ladyhaha:

It's not just a "negative opinion", it's a flat out lie. A negative opinion would be something like "I do not like Taylor Swift's songwriting". NOT "she doesn't write her own songs", which is a lie. 

Sorry but I don’t need to know anything about Lady Gaga to know that Taylor swift is annoying. 

Roseblud Kisses

Dadmon is right :iamfair:

He got tricked into answering a loaded question, the interviewer specifically said that Taylor is an "excellent songwriter" and Dadmon clearly wanted to say "no she's not" but instead had to backtrack about whether she writes her own songs or not, which is not what was asked :what:

The fact is, Taylor's songs are very immature. And that is something apparently no one is allowed to say, even if it is their own subjective opinion :patrizia:

Skinni Pussi ConfirmedT

enissa11
5 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Do y'all not remember some of Gaga's messier tweets?

i remember the art police one, that was very funny and clever and she wasn't pretending to be fan of anyone

6 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

maybe he was just referring to her hits and the little stuff he knows about taylor, later in his reply he clarifies that he meant the cowritting stuff, and we know how stuff works with big pop songwritters like max martin and how they are so in control when it comes to his pop tunes for big pop artists

Mad Architect of Light

Taylucifer
2 hours ago, Karlillosz said:

really? 

wow did not know this fact. 

yeah, the media was pushing this exact narrative, that she can't write songs and that she just slaps her name on with the rest of the writers, so to prove them wrong she self wrote every song on the standard edition. The only song with a co-writer is If This Was a Movie on the deluxe version with Martin Johnson. Anyway the album was Taylor's first to sell over one million copies in it's first week in the US alone:sis:

The Tortured Poets Department is out NOW

HuffsAhoy

I've never heard of this man until today. He must have something to promote if he felt the need to drag Taylor like this. The crusty white men always come after her :lmao:

You remind me that it's such a wonderful thing to love.

Chromatography

the fact that people are saying they don’t know gorillaz in here. lol. sorry to burst your pop bubble but they are very much huge.

anyway, he sounds very daft and literally just should have nodded and moved on. also people need to stop equating sounding sad = more artistic and more valuable than more upbeat music.

TimisaMonster

A walking contradiction that entire blurb...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Pennywise
46 minutes ago, enissa11 said:

i remember the art police one, that was very funny and clever and she wasn't pretending to be fan of anyone

I love the DWUW era ones, they were so messy and fun :huntyga:

Also the one where she was like "here's a picture maybe the Madonna fans in your site count every single person in it" 

And also whenever she's like "for kindness, buy Dom perignon and Tudor watches and more!" 

Like... I don't think we get to judge other artists for saying stuff when Gaga is the queen of saying messy/nonsensical stuff :laughga:

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

Archived