💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on the John Wayne video?

Pop Music

Featured Posts

warhol killer

I don't understand it's connection to the Perfect Illusion/Million Reasons video, but it's one of my Top 3 favorite Gaga videos. It's colorful, it's chaotic, a lot of things are happening, a very classic Gaga video.

Honestly I still see it as something that was supposed to be promoted for the tour (Joanne World Tour). like a tour single, since the visuals are almost the same as with the visuals of the tour.

warhol killer ✮ GAGAÂč⁔

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StressedOut

I was just watching it yesterday. Yes I love it, she really channeled that rah rah energy... so to speak 

Tyler1992

I love it! 
Gagas videos are usually opposite of down to earth, so with Perfect Illusion (lack of high camp), Million Reasons (lack of high choreography), John Wayne was the closer that reassured us that Gaga was still Gaga. It was the perfect send off to the era. 

It was also an essential dose of octane because Joanne melded so well with A Star is Born that we would have been STARVED from ARTPOP to Chromatica without the John Wayne video.

Helxig

I really love that video and it's such a travesty and injustice that it went under the radar! :grr:

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

RudraCNG

My thoughts haven't changed since then: it's on her top 5 videos and a pseudosequel to Telephone we'll never have.

PatrickMonster
6 hours ago, HuffsAhoy said:

It's a fantastic addition to her great video catalog. Though, I'll never forget a now former Facebook friend was highly offended that a CGI dog was run over in the music video. He cried that Gaga was glorifying animal abuse :billie:

My boyfriend dislikes the video ever since I pointed this out :laughga:

dubstep111

I love the concept but unfortunately I can’t enjoy it because it moves too fast from shot to shot. Perfect illusion suffers from this too. It’s a real bummer cuz it’s my fav 2 songs from the album.

Mother of Puppies
6 hours ago, Reject False Icons said:

To this day I still cannot understand fully the ending 

I just realized: I have never seen the ending. :ohwell: (omg she walks away in her Joanne/Million Reasons suit) :triggered:

I love the video - it's so chaotic and the fast cuts are hilarious and add to the vibe

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č

I'm convinced its a rework of the original Aura/Telephone continuation treatment that Jonas and Gaga planned. Just seems too good of a fit. Love it.

It’s pure fan service, I love the visuals.  I wish it was a little longer and told more of a story with a script like Telephone but for what it is, it’s great.

Archived