๐Ÿ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA ๐Ÿ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Gaga on Variety's "Actors on Actors"

sara57

Featured Posts

I wouldn't mind Alana Haim because I saw her on Jimmy Fallon the other day and she seemed really nice, and she's also a musician and I guess she just started acting

But def seems more likely to be a big name

ย 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAYA.core

mystery guest compared to surprise guest hmmm maybe a smaller like B type actor?

โ•ฐโ˜†โ•ฎ๐™ธ๐š๐š—๐š˜๐š›๐šŽ ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š›๐šŽ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐šŒ๐š›๐š’๐š๐š’๐šŒ๐š’๐šœ๐š–. ๐™ป๐š’๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜๐š› ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐šŒ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ... โ˜†โ•ฎJOINED November 25 2011

LilyLark
On 1/21/2022 at 5:09 PM, freebit said:

Hmmm, let me brainstorm:

I would actually love if it was Madonna. Animosity is mostly gone, but I feel like Madge would ask interesting questions (and be kind of messy). Variety magazine cover would be fire too.ย 

Cher would a bit less exciting because they've met before & they're kind of friends, but it would produce a fun, pleasant interview. They'd photograph well together too.ย 

For some reason, I doubt they'd hype up Cate or Jake G like this. They're big, but fall into the pantheon of "respected actor who happens to be famous" instead of superstar.ย 

Meryl or Tom Hanks would be fine, but probably borderline boring. Frances would be wild and I would live, but she doesn't campaign like this.ย 

I'll roll my eyes if it's Leo.ย 

IF the hype isn't just Variety being ridiculous, I wouldn't be shocked if it was Madonna. She's in the middle of working on her biopic (granted, as a director and not an actor) but if they had a chance to get Madonna and Gaga to sit down together and discuss Madonna's new film...well, it would guarantee a ton of clicks. I could absolutely see them sort of stretching the parameters, as it's usually an actor being considered during awards season, if they had a chance to get Madonna.

I can't see it being Meryl or Leo. Both are massive stars, but neither one is going to deliver a ton of clicks....and that's the only reason I can see them keeping it a secret. The only other way I could see why Variety might keep it a secret is if it's Barbra or Cher or if it's a new project (as @kaojensaid, something like Lin-Manuel and Gaga announcing a new musical together). Granted, Barbra seems to like Gaga but also gave an interview not that long ago where she was critical of ASIB and passive aggressive towards Bey...the only new star she seems to go out of her way to praise is Ariana.

Wild guess is JLaw (she could garner clicks) or Bradley doing two interviews.

ย 

If they have someone lined up, or if they've already recorded, the only peopleย for me who would justify the mystery hype would be Madonna and Barbra. If it's not either of them then maybe they just haven't got anyone yet.ย 

DanielM

It's obviously a b-list actor that cannot get buzz for themselves so Variety is trying to hype it by using Gaga's popularity alone.ย 

LilyLark
22 minutes ago, MOT said:

If they have someone lined up, or if they've already recorded, the only peopleย for me who would justify the mystery hype would be Madonna and Barbra. If it's not either of them then maybe they just haven't got anyone yet.ย 

Apparently they already shot the series (or at least did promo photos) as some visuals are being released on Wednesday. I doubt they would have been able to do all of that if they hadn't at least confirmed someone last week. Plus, would Variety really risk angering Gaga's publicist (who reps multiple A listers) by announcing something without having it confirmed?

I feel like it's one of the three options: 1) Variety is just desperate for clickbait...a lot of entertainment industry media outlets have been doing the sort of clickbait one would expect from tabloids and not serious news outlets lately. They know some sort of mystery will get Gaga stans to check in and/or they plan a whole separate day (besides the Wednesday announcement) to push it. 2) (which relates to 1)...it's Barbra or Cher (as Variety published a piece comparing Gaga to them) or Madonna (she's in the middle of casting for her biopic). None of the above are actors involved with awards this season, but they are big enough names that they would drive clicks. 3) It's an actor that Gaga is working with on a new project. Again, maybe not necessarily tied into awards season...but if it's a big enough name Variety would combine them with Gaga.

My guess is it's Adam or JLaw (and Variety is just hyping this up for clickbait), Cher, or Tom Cruise. Possibly the latter...he's literally one of the few remaining actors who can "open" films outside of comic books on his name alone (even that one about the CIA pilot made bank). He's also allegedly extremely involved in the projects he producers, down to micromanaging every last detail, and he's powerful enough that if he called Variety and was like "I'm starting the hype for Top Gun early, I want to interview Gaga, we can tie this in x or y ways" they'd probably agree.

LilyLark
27 minutes ago, DanielM said:

It's obviously a b-list actor that cannot get buzz for themselves so Variety is trying to hype it by using Gaga's popularity alone.ย 

Probably the most likely option (Jonah Hill dragged them on instagram last week for doing clickbait)....like it'd be interesting if it was Tom or Madonna (not the typical actors on actors participants) but I suspect it won't be. Well, it could be an A lister, but I doubt it's someone who garners a lot of clicks.

LilyLark
1 hour ago, Patriziaa Reggiani said:

What if it's Adam Driver?

He gave an interview recently where he was like "I don't ever go to wrap parties for any of my projects, when I'm done, I'm done" (which some people somehow took as a slam on Gaga). He also did the absolute minimal amount press for The Last Duel (he was filming another movie, but even then most actors fly out for one day or drop in for zoom interviews). Plus, he might be (understandably) a bit salty that Jodie, Gaga, Leto, and Al are the ones getting awards attention-even Marion had a GG nom for Annette-while he's basically was shut out.

I'd be shocked if he did it tbh. Like I don't think he has anything against Gaga or anything....but the dude seems to despise the press.

monstertoronto
4 minutes ago, Levine said:

Gaga's interview will be in PERSON

ย 

Interesting that he only named Gagaโ€™s interview as being in person when the question was about โ€œall the interviewsโ€.ย 

previously
7 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Interesting that he only named Gagaโ€™s interview as being in person when the question was about โ€œall the interviewsโ€.ย 

I wonder if Gaga's is in person because the person interviewing is part of her bubble/someone she's around regularly?ย ย 

monstertoronto
15 minutes ago, previously said:

I wonder if Gaga's is in person because the person interviewing is part of her bubble/someone she's around regularly?ย ย 

I wondered that too. But I couldnโ€™t think of anyone famous enough to make it worth the mystery.ย 

Archived