MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

tech

MS buys for $68.7 billion Activision Blizzard

Featured Posts

Despite (or maybe because of?) all the past issues, Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion.

“Players everywhere love Activision Blizzard games, and we believe the creative teams have their best work in front of them,” Spencer said in a statement. “Together we will build a future where people can play the games they want, virtually anywhere they want.”

Till the end of the transaction, Activision Blizzard e Microsoft Gaming will operate separetely. As expected, Spencer says Xbox will include "as many Activision Blizzard games as we can" in the Xbox Game Pass services.

ilZ6O2K.png

Source

Edited by Scri
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 4
  • Sad 2
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scri

• StarstruckIllusion

• pedrohemg

• thatfoxyfeeling

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a serious note, this "monopolization" of videogames isn't good for gamers... Luckly other companies stay strong, especially Nintendo.

Despite (or maybe because of?) all the past issues, Microsoft bought Activision Blizzard for $68.7 billion. “Players everywhere love Activision Blizzard games, and we believe the creative team

So, Spyro and crash bandicoot are now owned by microsoft. So weird considering my child hood memories are me playing these on the ps1/2 

On a serious note, this "monopolization" of videogames isn't good for gamers... Luckly other companies stay strong, especially Nintendo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9
pedrohemg

They're buying them to make the games available on Game Pass for $15 a month. Not bad news at all, although I don't have Game Pass because I prefer to own my games.

Edited by pedrohemg
  • Like 2
thatfoxyfeeling

Oh no I hate this just like I hated when Blizzard merged with Activision. I've played WoW for years and the recent expansions have proved that Blizzard just isn't the same company it once was. There's gonna be even more micro transactions in the game now on top of the monthly fee, the gaming industry is becoming so monopolised. 

Bored Over It GIF

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
RAMROD

Well, hopefully they will be able to clean the messdT. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ paradise lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
9 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

They're games to make them available on Game Pass for $15 a month. Not bad news at all, although I don't have Game Pass because I prefer to own my games.

Yeah, that's good news for Game passers!

4 minutes ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

Oh no I hate this just like I hated when Blizzard merged with Activision. I've played WoW for years and the recent expansions have proved that Blizzard just isn't the same company it once was. There's gonna be even more micro transactions in the game now on top of the monthly fee, the gaming industry is becoming so monopolised.

I mean, most of the games future is going to be NFTs, social-orientated games with TONS of microtransactions (look at the Genshin's fortune) and subscriptions... Not that old-style single-player will disappear, of course.

4 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Well, hopefully they will be able to clean the messdT. 

Uncle Phil just entered the AB office-

This Is Fine GIF

thatfoxyfeeling
Just now, Scri said:

Yeah, that's good news for Game passers!

I mean, most of the games future is going to be NFTs, social-orientated games with TONS of microtransactions (look at the Genshin's fortune) and subscriptions... Not that old-style single-player will disappear, of course.

2021: Microsoft buys Bethesda
2022: Microsoft buys Activision-Blizzard

It could be a good thing, it could be a bad thing. I just don't like how the gaming industry is becoming a giant monopoly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Scri changed the title to Microsoft buys for $68.7 billion Activision Blizzard

I agree with the concerns of monopolization. It’s a bit worrying. However, I do think Activision-Blizzard could benefit from this arguably more than any other Microsoft purchase due to the SA scandals having gone on. It’s clear that the management of Activision-Blizzard studios failed their employees and customers tremendously and I think Microsoft has shown a good track record with their purchases (so far). Minecraft, for instance, is still thriving under them. 

• Like 3
DpHitch1992

So, Spyro and crash bandicoot are now owned by microsoft. So weird considering my child hood memories are me playing these on the ps1/2 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
TylerBR97

I wonder how Sony will respond to this. I feel like they’re caught in the middle with Microsoft buying everything and Nintendo dominating the handheld space. 

REQUEST PERFECT ILLUSION FOR ROCK BAND 4 http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request/
  • Like 1
UWontUseMyMind

Expect the price of the game pass to get higher in the next future, what the game pass is offering and will offer is just too much for the actual price. Ah I don't like many Activision games but the fact that all of them are going to be on the game pass when the acquisition is finalized next year...ugh time to buy a Series X I guess, especially for Starfield on November :excited2:

UWontUseMyMind
5 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

I wonder how Sony will respond to this. I feel like they’re caught in the middle with Microsoft buying everything and Nintendo dominating the handheld space. 

Sony is apparently developing its own game pass, Project Spartacus, that will also include backward compatibility with all the previous playstation consoles but with no games on day one so we can expect that happening very soon in my opinion, but Sony doesn't have the money Microsoft has, Sony will never be able to do such acquisitions not even like the one of Bethesda

• Like 1
  • Scri changed the title to MS buys for $68.7 billion Activision Blizzard