đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Scream 5 scores a box-office smash debut

monketsharona

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic

Yay my $10 movie ticket did THAT! Actually I brought my family so more like $40 :bradley:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tyler k
3 hours ago, NeonSkeleton said:

Almost on track to beat Scream 4's entire domestic box office run...

in just 4 days :giveup::giveup::giveup:

omg and during a pandemilovato!!? 

mmmy name ~isn't~ aliceee

Anderson123
58 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

Well, that's because the 4th was horrible :huntyga:

The new one is awesome and is just under the original Scream imo.

Such a shame that 4th gets so much hate lol I love it and I think it's one of the best killers/motives but yeah it did not do that well. This one it's pretty obvious the marketing is so much stronger.

BlingNotTheMusic
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

Such a shame that 4th gets so much hate lol I love it and I think it's one of the best killers/motives but yeah it did not do that well. This one it's pretty obvious the marketing is so much stronger.

I just feel like majority the new characters weren't likable and I struggled to connect with them. The legacy characters seemed like an afterthought. And the killer reveal in S4 is LITERALLY impossible. The actor is 5'2". There's NO WAY they would be strong enough to overtake some of the people they killed. Plus their body frame doesn't match Ghostface at all.

And the killer's monologue at the end was so cringe. It was just too unbelievable I guess. Not that the movies are known for being realistic, but at least the killers physically made sense lol. 

But I respect your opinion

Anderson123
9 minutes ago, WheresMy911Alice said:

I just feel like majority the new characters weren't likable and I struggled to connect with them. The legacy characters seemed like an afterthought. And the killer reveal in S4 is LITERALLY impossible. The actor is 5'2". There's NO WAY they would be strong enough to overtake some of the people they killed. Plus their body frame doesn't match Ghostface at all.

And the killer's monologue at the end was so cringe. It was just too unbelievable I guess. Not that the movies are known for being realistic, but at least the killers physically made sense lol. 

But I respect your opinion

That's true. It does have a lot of issues.

Scream 4 spoilers:

Spoiler

To be fair, Jill's motive seemed pretty realistic, especially in the social media time. Like it made sense that she said that you didn't have to do anything in life anymore, you just had to have bad sh!t happen to you and you'd become famous.

As for the cast yeah they were disposable lol but I rooted for Kirby. Just happy to see they confirmed she's alive, she's now  open to return if they ever make more movies.

Scream 5 (2022) Spoilers:

Spoiler

That's also an issue I have with the killer but it's something they do to confuse the audience. When Dewey got killed I was like "Damn that had to be Chad, Ghostface is tall and the way he killed Dewey was so brutal". Then when we find out it's Amber I was lmao this skinny b!tch did that.

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

That's true. It does have a lot of issues.

Scream 4 spoilers:

Hide contents

To be fair, Jill's motive seemed pretty realistic, especially in the social media time. Like it made sense that she said that you didn't have to do anything in life anymore, you just had to have bad sh!t happen to you and you'd become famous.

As for the cast yeah they were disposable lol but I rooted for Kirby. Just happy to see they confirmed she's alive, she's now  open to return if they ever make more movies.

Scream 5 (2022) Spoilers:

Hide contents

That's also an issue I have with the killer but it's something they do to confuse the audience. When Dewey got killed I was like "Damn that had to be Chad, Ghostface is tall and the way he killed Dewey was so brutal". Then when we find out it's Amber I was lmao this skinny b!tch did that.

Yeah I suppose having Ghostface match the killers' frame would be too obvious, but we're basing it off the original where it really made sense. The second one, I suppose, could be argued has the same problem. Regardless, there's things I like about all the films, even 4 (like Kirby), and we should feel lucky that the franchise has lasted so long. :pray:

TimisaMonster

I just saw the movie and it was killer fun...glad to see it was a hit :legend:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

LeJudas
4 hours ago, bionic said:

Horror franchises are having a nostalgia comeback. I hope Freddie is next

OK WE NEED THIS 

So unexpected and made me happy! Reading mostly great reviews and with box office doing great numbers it seems Scream is back!! I’m expecting good blue ray sales and rentals

35 minutes ago, LeJudas said:

OK WE NEED THIS 

Tbh as a big Freddy fan, given the issues trying to re-launch the franchise (remake faired poorly in both sales and reviews) and usually citing “cost of production due to need of extensive special effects” I’m not sure what’s happening. I actually think an HBO-type tv series with state of the art effects and great production values may be the best way to bring him back

BlingNotTheMusic
6 minutes ago, Aussie said:

Tbh as a big Freddy fan, given the issues trying to re-launch the franchise (remake faired poorly in both sales and reviews) and usually citing “cost of production due to need of extensive special effects” I’m not sure what’s happening. I actually think an HBO-type tv series with state of the art effects and great production values may be the best way to bring him back

This and also, I high-key HATE most CGI in horror movies. Like, leave it alone, amp up the costume and makeup Dept. That stuff is scary. Not computer monsters...

Chris Evans

big IP properties/reboots/Disney get all the attention after COVID shutdown theaters. Everything else has been flop after flop after flop, HOG was one of the exceptions. 

I know Ridley Scott got a lot of flack for his comments about moviegoers but if no one watches these "other" movies then studios are going to slash their budgets or if that's not possible then just outright not make them 

Archived