Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Cello
3 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

OMG THIS SONG IS AMAZING! JPOP CITYPOP IS THAT B**CH!

It is incredible!!! Have you heard Plastic Love? I never tire from this song.

she/her

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, Cello said:

are you kidding me?? this is one of my fav songs ever :giveup: i even tried to learn lyrics to it, i loooove singing it so much. 

Cello
Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

are you kidding me?? this is one of my fav songs ever :giveup: i even tried to learn lyrics to it, i loooove singing it so much. 

taste confirmed :ally:

she/her

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, Cello said:

taste confirmed :ally:

they uploaded it to spotify not a long ago! i was so happy. :bradley:

Teletubby

isn't it suspicious that there are still signed copies of CDs on his website? :oprah:

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

TipsyGagaFan
8 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

personal thots:

Added notes: he need to change it up, it gets predictable now.

Strongly agree

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

DelusionalGaga

I will need a few more listens, but so far I thought that the album was a bit too one-note and predictable. The production was like a cheap copy of After Hours. And there are too few good melodies and lyrics for me. The only ones I liked so far were Take My Breath Away and Gasoline. 

Gasoline - I saw all of you loved it, i love the voice effect on it, but it's nothing crazy to me as a song in general

How do I make you love me - Okay chorus, but will I relisten to it, am I in love with it? Not really

Sacrifice is so MJ, reminds me of his The Jacksons era, the production is perfect, but the problem with The Weeknd lately for me and i repeat FOR ME personally, are the choruses. So many of his choruses are boring or annoying TO ME, i repeat TO ME, he got crazy successes so obviously the general public adore his songs and choruses, I find them so bland, and it sucks because the beat, the vibe, the production, himself have so much potential but then the chorus is boring so i dont listen to it, that's the problem with Sacrifice. Ends up sounding like a song u hear at Urban Outfitters

A tale by Quincy - Quincy is a legend, the guitar sounds, it's like being back in the late 70's, it's pure heaven, I wish the amazing music of that era could be back,t he smoothness, smooth RNB and funk, the ghost of Marvin Gaye's honey voice comes back to mind, I end up fantasizing about him still being alive, all men wearing opened shirt with hairy chest on display, gold jewellery, beards and spicy perfume, flashy dresses, makeup, everyone having a good time at a party, if only...

Out of time - Weird bcs now the beat has Marvin Gaye vibes, maybe even a Motown feel to it. Sadly for me the chorus is boring again, I might have to relisten to it a lot of time. It's beyond me how he can recreate 80s and 70s vibe so well, and perfectly but fails to create the great melodies of the time... I guess takes a lot of talent to do that

Here we go again - Boring to me

Best friends - Boring to me

Is there someone else? - Sounds outdated

Starry eyes - Sounds exactly the same as is there someone else

Every angel is terrifying - Love it, so beautiful, and poetic, art, I love the idea of a radio station by the way, so genius

Don't break my heart - Interesting but Im not in love with it

I heard you're married - does nothing for me

Less than zero - Ouh this is good, this is good, this is good

Animated GIF

But will I listen to it again? Not sure, but it's good, it's good. I think Im in love with the verses part, the chorus transports you at least. The ending is pure 70's, I feel like I'm in summer, it's a vibe

Phantom Regret by Jim - A vibe

Overall: 4,5/10, It's high because of the good production, the creativity, the body of work, the logic behind it, the stories, the lyrics, also high because next to his peers, he's a genius, but next to genius he's a rookie, but all geniuses are now dead. 

Ororo Munroe
3 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Overall: 4,5/10, It's high because of the good production, the creativity, the body of work, the logic behind it, the stories, the lyrics, also high because next to his peers, he's a genius, but next to genius he's a rookie, but all geniuses are now dead. 

not you pulling Pitchfork here and be like:

"well, it's good comparing to trash, but it's trash comparing to good! xoxo"

:air:

Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

not you pulling Pitchfork here and be like:

"well, it's good comparing to trash, but it's trash comparing to good! xoxo"

:air:

I feel I have to compare him to current artists today. Next to current artists today he's amazing, nothing to say about it, overall he has crazy creativity, he takes this very seriously, his production is impeccable, storytelling impeccable, but we have to remember that he's up against Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Billie Eillish, Olivia Rodriguo, Justin Bieber, etc... 

If I compare The Weeknd to his own heroes, Michael Jackson, the 70's stars he takes so much inspiration from, he's a rookie, and I think he would even agree with me. He lacks the talent of creating good melodies, that's my PERSONAL opinion because his songs in after hours will become I think iconic for a very long time and had crazy success with the GP, but I personally think his choruses are bland and nothing compared to the 80s and 70s, even MJ once said he thinks nothing compares to the quality of the melodies in choruses in the 60's, and I really agree. I still think it's possible today to create something as impactful but the mumble rappers, the new generation of music that developped in mid 10's and now with tiktok it's like it turned eau de parfum into cologne real quick in the music industry. You get a watered down version of what a song is, to the point sometimes it sounds like you just hit a joint and took LSD and everything sounds disorted and a bit cloudy. That's why a lot of people comment on an album and say "these all sound the same", what they mean is, it sounds like the song has been slowered to 200% with 80% reverb and there's no real melody anymore. I miss that a lot

Ororo Munroe
1 minute ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I feel I have to compare him to current artists today. Next to current artists today he's amazing, nothing to say about it, overall he has crazy creativity, he takes this very seriously, his production is impeccable, storytelling impeccable, but we have to remember that he's up against Camila Cabello, Shawn Mendes, Billie Eillish, Olivia Rodriguo, Justin Bieber, etc... 

If I compare The Weeknd to his own heroes, Michael Jackson, the 70's stars he takes so much inspiration from, he's a rookie, and I think he would even agree with me. He lacks the talent of creating good melodies, that's my PERSONAL opinion because his songs in after hours will become I think iconic for a very long time and had crazy success with the GP, but I personally think his choruses are bland and nothing compared to the 80s and 70s, even MJ once said he thinks nothing compares to the quality of the melodies in choruses in the 60's, and I really agree. I still think it's possible today to create something as impactful but the mumble rappers, the new generation of music that developped in mid 10's and now with tiktok it's like it turned eau de parfum into cologne real quick in the music industry. You get a watered down version of what a song is, to the point sometimes it sounds like you just hit a joint and took LSD and everything sounds disorted and a bit cloudy. That's why a lot of people comment on an album and say "these all sound the same", what they mean is, it sounds like the song has been slowered to 200% with 80% reverb and there's no real melody anymore. I miss that a lot

i lowkey agree with you about choruses tbh, i miss loud big ass choruses that mainstream pop artists used to have in their songs! it's not like i don't enjoy today's music or something, but i do think that a lot of listeners today prefer more chill and laid back type of music, even mumble rap you've mentioned works the same way for me personally. 

Chromatislaps
45 minutes ago, Cello said:

It actually got officially re-released last month :giveup:

TipsyGagaFan
51 minutes ago, xlx said:

The production was like a cheap copy of After Hours.

Yes exactly! It really felt like Abel just got bored and was like “let’s just do my last album again, but worse” :huntyga:

I’m tired and angry but somebody should be

Chromatislaps
3 hours ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Gasoline - I saw all of you loved it, i love the voice effect on it, but it's nothing crazy to me as a song in general

How do I make you love me - Okay chorus, but will I relisten to it, am I in love with it? Not really

Sacrifice is so MJ, reminds me of his The Jacksons era, the production is perfect, but the problem with The Weeknd lately for me and i repeat FOR ME personally, are the choruses. So many of his choruses are boring or annoying TO ME, i repeat TO ME, he got crazy successes so obviously the general public adore his songs and choruses, I find them so bland, and it sucks because the beat, the vibe, the production, himself have so much potential but then the chorus is boring so i dont listen to it, that's the problem with Sacrifice. Ends up sounding like a song u hear at Urban Outfitters

A tale by Quincy - Quincy is a legend, the guitar sounds, it's like being back in the late 70's, it's pure heaven, I wish the amazing music of that era could be back,t he smoothness, smooth RNB and funk, the ghost of Marvin Gaye's honey voice comes back to mind, I end up fantasizing about him still being alive, all men wearing opened shirt with hairy chest on display, gold jewellery, beards and spicy perfume, flashy dresses, makeup, everyone having a good time at a party, if only...

Out of time - Weird bcs now the beat has Marvin Gaye vibes, maybe even a Motown feel to it. Sadly for me the chorus is boring again, I might have to relisten to it a lot of time. It's beyond me how he can recreate 80s and 70s vibe so well, and perfectly but fails to create the great melodies of the time... I guess takes a lot of talent to do that

Here we go again - Boring to me

Best friends - Boring to me

Is there someone else? - Sounds outdated

Starry eyes - Sounds exactly the same as is there someone else

Every angel is terrifying - Love it, so beautiful, and poetic, art, I love the idea of a radio station by the way, so genius

Don't break my heart - Interesting but Im not in love with it

I heard you're married - does nothing for me

Less than zero - Ouh this is good, this is good, this is good

Animated GIF

But will I listen to it again? Not sure, but it's good, it's good. I think Im in love with the verses part, the chorus transports you at least. The ending is pure 70's, I feel like I'm in summer, it's a vibe

Phantom Regret by Jim - A vibe

I agree, his vocal melody game is not very strong on this album. It's very monotonous.

The thing that sets MJ apart vocally was his innate ability to evoke any emotion, put genuine feeling into every word he sang, modulate between headvoice and falsetto effortlessly, create very strong vocal melodies and freestyle adlib until the song was over.

I genuinely believe Abel can achieve a level of this as well, but he needs to put more time into creating his songs, and not churn out albums every year or 2 years or so. There is a reason why MJ's songs are so timeless, he worked on his albums 4-6 years. Same goes for Adele. 

Brainiac

lol I don’t get the negative reactions whatsoever. For me, this is his best album. I guess people have different tastes. 

Archived