Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Katy's most underrated & overrated songs

Mother of Puppies

Featured Posts

Mother of Puppies

What are Katy's most underrated & overrated songs? (in your opinion)

Most underrated

- Birthday (One of her best songs and highly underrated. It's such a cute fun bop)

- International Smile (one of my all time favorites)

- Bon Apetit

- Lost

- Ghost

- This is how we do

- Wide Awake (love it so much :bradley:)

- If you can afford me :tony:

- Tucked

and also: part of me, this Moment, Spiritual, it takes two, Pendulum, Only Love

Slightly Overrated       (Doesn't mean one doesn't like those songs though)

- California Girls

- Dark Horse

- Roar

- Firework

- Swish swish

I really love all of the above though :heart: (The only song in Katy's discography I don't like is "resilient" not because of the lyrics but because of the melody, production etc. other than that I love all her songs)

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Teletubby

Underrated:
Walking On Air
Circle The Drain
Legendary Lovers
Tsuanami

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Mother of Puppies
Just now, Teletubby said:

Underrated:
Walking On Air
Circle The Drain
Legendary Lovers
Tsuanami

not sure if walking on air, circle the drain and legendary lovers are underrated. I think they're pretty loved among the fanbase :oprah: but they're great either way!

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

The Fame

Underrated: Daises. Love that song and people just ignore it. Is it not inspiring and grand to y'all?

Overrated: Firework. I can't even listen to it. The vocals sound so strained in so many parts. Also features the plastic bag lyric. :smh:

Damon

I hate to say bon appetit is underratwd but then i remember the migos feat and i get it, still is an amazing gay ass bop

... and now i just sit in silence.

LovingIsACherryPie

This Is How We Do issa bop. I can't believe there are people that hate that song. :gaycat:

Ororo Munroe

I LOVE daisies and bon appetit! both are total bops idc idc 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

hereforstemslol

I never got to fully listen to witness but deju vu is such an amazing track. so bizarre and almost psychedelic, but still fun and dancy. and the production is just :diane: (except that one particular infamous line)

also small talk, even though i'd consider it more of charlie's work.

SevenWonder

Roar for overrated.

I hate Roar so much. I will never, ever understand how people like that song, let alone love it. But all of her other hits? I totally get why they were big.

Don't know her catalogue well enough to talk underrated songs. 

Blown Away

Overrated: Thinking Of You

Underrated: Circle The Drain

They shipped it, but it got shipped back

luckyanderson

Overrated: Legendary Lovers (I said what I SAID!), Firework :smh: and Chained to the Rhythm.
Underrated: If You Can Afford Me, Hummingbird Heartbeat, Pearl, Unconditionally, Tsunami, Pendulum, Act My Age, DAISIES (TRUE BOP), Harleys in Hawaii and High On Your Supply.

Notthebling

Underrated : Bigger than me

most ppl never actually played the song in full but I think it’s one of the best on witness

Dat - doo - deet - doe. Dat - doo - deet - doe, dat - doo - deet - doe. Baby let's get high, John Wayne

MANiCURE 6

As a Katy Perry stan for 12 years now, I can say that I find some people really harsh when it comes to her songs. She really has a lot of pretty good songs that are just looked over by almost everyone...

Underrated

- 365 (Ultimate song... One of my fav if not my fav from her... I don't understand the reject of this song.)

- Bon Appétit (If you don't like this song (mostly cause of M*gos), please give a listen to the solo version, it's on a whole another level !)

- Déjà Vu (Best song on Witness by far ! Top Tier in her discography... It should have been the second single after CTTR.)

- Bigger Than Me (Third best song on Witness... 'Roulette' is second. I just love everything about this song and she's serving vocals ! And the outro is amazing !)

- Lost (Okay... Maybe this one is not really underrated, but I think it deserves even more love and attention.)

- Birthday (I don't understand the hate people have for this song ? It's a really fun song and I think it's a cute bop, not an incredible song but she's cute).

- This Is How We Do (Just like "Birthday", I don't get the hate. The spoken part and the outro are kinda cringe but other than that it's a cute bop and last chorus really slaps.)

- Teary Eyes (It's a bop and no one's talking about it ? Wake up guys ! It should have been a promotional single released before the album instead of "Smile".)

- Daisies (Gosh this song... I love it so much ! She gave something new here.)

- Champagne Problems (I'm so glad she gave us a "real" video for this one but it deserves even more.)

- Only Love (How can you hate such a vulnerable song ?)

- Never Worn White (Again ? This is one of her best ballads ! So personal... I really like it !)

- Small Talk (It's not that bad of a song honestly ! People are only hating it cause it was produced by Charlie Puth... And they're hating on him for no reason...)

- If You Can Afford Me (Should have been a single !)

- Dressin' Up (It is a big bop ! It's my guilty pleasure of her discography)

Overrated

- Roar (I used to like this song a lot, but you know... With time I realized it's not THAT good of a song. And I don't really like the lyrics and the chorus is very slow).

- Walking On Air (The gays will come for me after reading this but I had to say it... I like it, but it's not THAT good of a song again. It feels a bit repetitive.)

- Firework (I used to love it, then hate it, now I'm in between... Maybe in a few months I'll love it again who knows...)

Archived