💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Nirvana's Cover Art Lawsuit Dismissed

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

A judge in California has dismissed a lawsuit against Nirvana made by Spencer Elden, who appeared as a naked baby on the cover of their album Nevermind.

Elden sued the band last year, alleging sexual exploitation, and that the artwork constituted child sexual abuse.

Now 30, he said the infamous image had caused him "extreme and permanent emotional distress" as well as loss of wages and "enjoyment of life".

Nirvana filed to dismiss last month, saying Elden's arguments lacked merit.

"Elden's claim that the photograph on the Nevermind album cover is 'child ****ography' is, on its face, not serious," their lawyers said, noting that anyone who owned a copy of the record would "on Elden's theory [be] guilty of felony possession of child ****ography". 

They continued by noting that, until recently, Elden had seemed to enjoy the notoriety of being the "Nirvana baby".

"He has re-enacted the photograph in exchange for a fee, many times; he has had the album title... tattooed across his chest; he has appeared on a talk show wearing a self-parodying, nude-colored onesie; he has autographed copies of the album cover for sale on eBay; and he has used the connection to try to pick up women."

Elden's team had until 30 December to respond to Nirvana's motion to dismiss, but missed the deadline.

As a result, Judge Fernando M Olguin dismissed the case "with leave to amend" - meaning his team have until 13 January to refile the case with appropriate changes.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59867369

Then again, we all saw thru his greed, yes? :giggle:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

To me it's so stupid to whine about something you previously enjoyed and profited from, once you feel like you could get even more money from it.

I'm sure that a cover like that wouldn't work these days anymore (which is good), but the album just turned 30, and was created in a totally different mindset. 

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

1 hour ago, vpez said:

I'm sure that a cover like that wouldn't work these days anymore (which is good).

Are you kidding me :bear:

9 minutes ago, TMM90 said:

Are you kidding me :bear:

I just wouldn't post pictures of my child online, especially none where they are naked. And since everything is shared online nowadays I also would not put a picture like that on an album cover.

trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken but you can still see the crack in that ************s reflection.

Anderson123
2 hours ago, RAMROD said:

They continued by noting that, until recently, Elden had seemed to enjoy the notoriety of being the "Nirvana baby".

"He has re-enacted the photograph in exchange for a fee, many times; he has had the album title... tattooed across his chest; he has appeared on a talk show wearing a self-parodying, nude-colored onesie; he has autographed copies of the album cover for sale on eBay; and he has used the connection to try to pick up women."

Then again, we all saw thru his greed, yes? :giggle:

It seems like he ran out of ideas to profit from this. 

monique-clownery.gif

Archived